HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:23 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
My stock motor started cogging today. I flew it for one battery pack and then within 20 seconds of flight on the second pack it just locked up. Guess I'll be calling HH tomorrow.

Too bad I couldn't get that Park 300 on there.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:24 AM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrtim View Post
eflm1920 adapter and apc 7x4e

I couldn't get collet to tighten when using the smallest bushing/locator ring that came with prop.

so I used prop as is---but getting the prop to center correctly didn't work quite right.
prop has more thrust then gws 7035--but was noisy---I think prop wasn't centered on adapter.
the metal nose cone seemed to have excess vibration.

for those using eflm1920 adapter and apc 7x4e--did you use locator ring/bushing?
Yeah, I did use the hub adapter bushing on the 7x4E with eflm1920. If you look at the collet adapter there is a slight shoulder at the base of collet that the adapter hub gets hung up on so the prop doesn't tighten the collet all the way. I took the prop and adapter and set the adapter on a table, take your prop and push it down on the adapter until the hub is firmly seated onto the adapter. Once the hub is seated the prop should tighten down well.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:25 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
My stock motor started cogging today. I flew it for one battery pack and then within 20 seconds of flight on the second pack it just locked up. Guess I'll be calling HH tomorrow.

Duuuuude....that's weak man. It's been a bad few days for your planes. Saw the Slick, sorry about that man, it always sucks when it's not your fault. Better days will follow though
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:26 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Duuuuude....that's weak man. It's been a bad few days for your planes. Saw the Slick, sorry about that man, it always sucks when it's not your fault. Better days will follow though
Tell me about it. Lost two of my favorite planes on back to back days and neither were my fault. Then my little Edge won't even fly!!

It's almost enough for me to walk away from the hobby... almost.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:48 AM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
probably better off just leaving the wings on. I can't imagine wanting to put them on everytime I went to fly. If you are most used to regular micros, this thing is super strong in comparison, traveling with wings on should not be a problem. Wings are rather tough to line up the screw holes, connectors are a bear to take apart, little tiny screws that hold wings are easy to loose, and little plastic tabs they screw into won't take a lot of ins and outs. Someone earlier in the threads said that extensions were not needed to put it back in the box without unplugging though. Wings are much more solid if you just glue them in from the start.
Yea, guess I will wait and see.... Not real keen on removing them if its going to be a pain. I may try to make a box at some point.
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:08 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
Yeah, I did use the hub adapter bushing on the 7x4E with eflm1920. If you look at the collet adapter there is a slight shoulder at the base of collet that the adapter hub gets hung up on so the prop doesn't tighten the collet all the way. I took the prop and adapter and set the adapter on a table, take your prop and push it down on the adapter until the hub is firmly seated onto the adapter. Once the hub is seated the prop should tighten down well.
so you got the smaller diamater hole bushing to go over that 1/16" shoulder?

as you can see in pic I still have that gap.

I tried pushing it down in various ways--prop on, prop off, with screwdriver just on bushing--just won't go over.

suggestions?

plastic bushing itself goes into the prop real easy.
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:11 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,178 Posts
Yep the stock 280 has some real issues. My new one will be here next week since mine is toast and I've been waiting for my replacement for my Grasshopper for 2 1/2 months.

Really wish Dave would chime in since he's quick to on other meaningless issues.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:20 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrtim View Post
so you got the smaller diamater hole bushing to go over that 1/16" shoulder?

as you can see in pic I still have that gap.

I tried pushing it down in various ways--prop on, prop off, with screwdriver just on bushing--just won't go over.

suggestions?

plastic bushing itself goes into the prop real easy.
You gotta get that hub pressed down a tad more. I think the problem you're having is the apc adapter hub is recessed into the prop so it won't press down all the way. Try taking the other hub adapter (the larger one) and temporarily put it in the apc prop and try pushing the prop down on the hub, this should get it seated.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,735 Posts
Make sure you have the taper on the bushing in the right direction also.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:48 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,722 Posts
Im getting worried with all these issues seems more and more are poping up
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,178 Posts
A pair of needle nose and a slight twist and she's apart. Now just need to see if the 300 will fit in the mount.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:50 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Im getting worried with all these issues seems more and more are poping up
I personally think that the stock motor is most of the problem. It seems cheap compared to the Park 300 and the Park 300 seems cheap compared to something better like a Motrofly. I've got maybe 15-20 flights on mine and my stock motor is binding? Just doesn't seem right.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:53 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
You gotta get that hub pressed down a tad more. I think the problem you're having is the apc adapter hub is recessed into the prop so it won't press down all the way. Try taking the other hub adapter (the larger one) and temporarily put it in the apc prop and try pushing the prop down on the hub, this should get it seated.
Success !

thanks for help your idea above probably would have worked too--I had thrown out that larger bushing--the recess was problem I agree.

I used crescent wrench to go around bushing and and laid it flat on top of bushing and put my whole body weight into it. When I used thetip of flathead screwdriver earlier--I could not get even downward pressure.

earlier when it was not seated properly---prop flew off--phew--no damage, no injury.
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:53 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,178 Posts
I guess the 300 is not working with this mount after I looked at the pic.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:54 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post

Sad to hear that and pls inform us what HH will say to the problem ! Could you pull your motor shaft few milimeters forwards ? I had this at my motor and removed it- now the motor doesn't grind or makes untypical sound.
How many flights did you have with your Edge ?
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count