HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:45 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,827 Posts
Fly whatever you like just have fun...... I will be enjoying mine whenever i get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I'm having a hell of time trying to get this Park 300 mounted on my QQ Edge.

I need to reverse the prop shaft. Anyone have any clue how to remove the TINY C Clip that's holding the shaft in place?

Has anyone been able to remove the motor mount from the stock motor? I'll need that in order to mount this motor to the plane. I"m not sure if this is gonna happen or not!
ugh not much luck still .. I have not had the plessure of seeing one in person no clue what looks like. most times c clips not hard get off use small tiny flat head screwdriver be sure not to loose it im sure its very tiny
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:45 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
Quote:
I'm having a hell of time trying to get this Park 300 mounted on my QQ Edge.

I need to reverse the prop shaft. Anyone have any clue how to remove the TINY C Clip that's holding the shaft in place?

Has anyone been able to remove the motor mount from the stock motor? I'll need that in order to mount this motor to the plane. I"m not sure if this is gonna happen or not!

Didn't want to hear that since I have little confidence in the 280 long term....

I have been using the Gens 450's in my 280 powered Grasshopper and they're great and I've been using Gens for about a year. I've seen guys at E-Jets compare them to the TP's and they've preformed as good or better. So for equal performance I'll take the pack that costs $4 over marginal if any performance gain of a $25 pack, but to each there own. The EPBuddy packs have been holding their own as well.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:48 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,355 Posts
+1 on the gen ace 450's.. I have four I've been using in my crack yack.

Has anyone used a hacker? I tend to lean towards the hackers in these smaller sizes, because they're so affordable. Not sure if they make one that's suitable?

Can't wait to huck this little bird! I'll have video ASAP!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:51 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,827 Posts
if you want 300-600 cycles buy tp if you only care to get 50-100 get $4 batts myself I would rather have 4 cheaper battery's but that's just me.
unless i just happen to get some really crappy battery's i will be buying nano techs, glaciers, genace's

I am sure there is another motor we could use in it, i sure wish i had mine i would be adding videos and info as having it in my hands could figure out ideas
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:51 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Guys - I'm not seeing how this Park 300 is every going to go onto this plane with a custom mount. The stock mount (even if you COULD get it off) won't fit the Park 300 and the Park 300 mount won't fit the QQ.

So... unless I'm completely missing something this just isn't going to work.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:55 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
4,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Well, freezing temperature is here in Canada, and I'm still impressed by how well the NanoTech are doing in cold weather. Until then, Hyperion was my only winter option (TP were not as good for me in the cold, I killed most of them quickly), but since I discovered NanoTech, I almost only fly NanoTech now in the cold. I've read that lower temperature reduce battery life quickly, so better be a cheap pack than an expensive one! But at around 200 cycles now on my 180mah, my battery still seem good for this winter. Wicked.
wow, I did not know the cold zapped those packs quicker...

here in Colorado we do have some cold days
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:56 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,249 Posts
Is there a gens ace battery in the size and weight range of the TP325 65c??
I'm open to ANYTHING . I just liked the combination of high output with light weight would be nice if it was cheaper
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:59 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,355 Posts
Interesting ?

Went with 21 on the numbers..figure I'll pay Some respect to Troy Bayliss..

Even though these are kawi colors..
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:59 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
if you want 300-600 cycles buy tp if you only care to get 50-100 get $4 batts myself I would rather have 4 cheaper battery's but that's just me.
unless i just happen to get some really crappy battery's i will be buying nano techs, glaciers, genace's
I have about 100+cycles on my (4) 3s 450's and they still preform great. I also have 2 3s2200's 25C's that have at least that many or more and have outlasted my Turnigy's that claim to have a 40C rating. I just received 6 3s 2200 60C's and haven't ran any of them yet. I have had TP's in the past and they are nice, but my experience has been just like MaxAmps they aren't worth the price.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:00 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
4,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
I have been using the Gens 450's in my 280 powered Grasshopper and they're great and I've been using Gens for about a year. I've seen guys at E-Jets compare them to the TP's and they've preformed as good or better. So for equal performance I'll take the pack that costs $4 over marginal if any performance gain of a $25 pack, but to each there own. The EPBuddy packs have been holding their own as well.
good to know bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post

I am sure there is another motor we could use in it, i sure wish i had mine i would be adding videos and info as having it in my hands could figure out ideas
LOL, I had a TP pack let go at about 30 flights
I have a couple Turnigy packs with 150-175 flights on them and still going strong
and in FE racing we have 2-3 race seasons on Turnigys with no issues at all
soooooooo, once again cheap does not mean cheap quality

Looking to try out some Dinogy packs
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:03 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,827 Posts
Quote:
I have about 100+cycles on my (4) 3s 450's and they still preform great. I also have 2 3s2200's 25C's that have at least that many or more and have outlasted my Turnigy's that claim to have a 40C rating. I just received 6 3s 2200 60C's and haven't ran any of them yet. I have had TP's in the past and they are nice, but my experience has been just like MaxAmps they aren't worth the price.
Yeah Well I have not put many cycles on my larger ones i made it to about 120 cycles on a single cell 300 nanotech for my mcpx i was impressed. Thats when I started trying other nanotechs.
Can someone, anyone who owns this plane PLEASE measure the diameter of the motor can. let me know how many MM it is I have no clue how big it is. thanks since specs suck on the site

Well a lot depends on how you treat your lipos. I never leave them charged there always at storage and there keep out of the sun, and I known some people who wouldn't matter how much one cost they would kill it if you crash a lot and toca your packs then yeah.. not saying you did anything bad to your one that die there lemons in everything
Last edited by epoweredrc; Dec 01, 2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:08 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
Quote:
Guys - I'm not seeing how this Park 300 is every going to go onto this plane with a custom mount. The stock mount (even if you COULD get it off) won't fit the Park 300 and the Park 300 mount won't fit the QQ.

Does the park 300 have threads for motor mount screws? I was looking at my hacker a10, it fits perfect in the edge with the included motor mount, maybe you can use something like the hacker motor mount if it has a bolt pattern and matches.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:09 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
Since it's dead and out here you go:

RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kuczy; Dec 01, 2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:19 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,827 Posts
Quote:
Since is dead and out here you go:
Sweet so 22 mm is what we need to find. If we could find a good alternative to that. Looks like it uses a X mount like the larger motors.
I guess the screw holes just not lining up on the 300 for the 280 mount???? I have ran into issues like that before.
is the 300 holes wider? could you make a plate to attach?
You happen to have a scale to weigh that motor?

I need new set of calipers looks like the motor I have on my yak is about 25mm wide and about 27 from front to back not sure on weigh its on the plane but it uses a back plate and center motor slides in middle
Last edited by epoweredrc; Dec 01, 2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:28 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,686 Posts
Quote:

Take some pics of the mounts. If you can just get two screws to work it should be strong enough. Just use a flat head to pop the c clip of the 300. Do it in a box or something so it doesn't pop of and fly somewhere on you. I picked up a 8x4 to try on the 280 It will probably fry the motor but I'll start with 2s and move to 3s with throttle management.
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1