HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:01 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
I've had two high end (cost) packs go bad within 30 flights...
soooooooo...... I like spending less of good packs

I will pick up one of these 65c packs if they have them for my Sbach
I do have a couple TP 3s 25c packs for it now along with a 2s..
Well seeing how this is my FIRST TP pack,, you may very well be RIGHT!!
Only time will tell,, and like you said most times for the money these inexpensive HK paks are GREAT!!! It's just that in this particular context the combination of lower weight AND higher power output is a double bonus,, and also like you I have a multi port charger so keeping batteries charged all day long isn't hard. I was just surprised that the TP seemed at least to me to make a difference. In other applications I'd probably go for the HK paks,, especially the bigger paks where the TP could cost like more than 10x as much!!!
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:05 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Pretty poor video of mine on 7x5 -- glassses were not lined up
I'm not keeping track of everyone's mods... so, do you have an larger ESC in it?
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:07 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
I'm not keeping track of everyone's mods... so, do you have an larger ESC in it?
I already had a 12Amp on the TH Crack Pitts, and it did not pull that many amps, so I did a swap-a-roo --- the 10A went to the Pitts and the 12 to the Green Machine!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:07 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,117 Posts
Quote:
He doesn't actually say anything on the video, it's just claiming in the Video's title that he has somehow acquired a V2 Edge 540QQ ( An outright lie), and that it's equipped with ASX (no big thing for him to add on his own), but appears also he is pushing some sort of special magical proprietary battery and/or setup that you only get access to when you log in to his site.
Hmmmmmm!!!! Sounds very suspicious to me!!!! He seems to thrive on sensationalism and controversy,, at the very least he can be somewhat entertaining. :-)
But JEEZ!!! An 8x4 prop pulling less than a 100watts just doesn't sound right for this motor from what we've seen so far,,, but if motor was somehow different in this plane,,,,,, maybe,,,, but,,,,, I dunnknow???;-)
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:20 PM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
So what do you guys think of using this e flite aluminum spinner ??

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLSP100
That just might be perfect. These seem a little tail heavy anyway so a tad more nose weight might be good. I saw a Dubro yesterday that would be perfect but it was a 3mm collet. Checked their website and they don't make it in a 2mm.
ForsheeMS is offline Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:44 PM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
I only watched the first 3 minutes, the jurassic park music almost made me fall asleep lol!
the lack of flying skills put me to sleep
llbr22 is online now Find More Posts by llbr22
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:58 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by llbr22 View Post
the lack of flying skills put me to sleep

heh heh

Then mine must have you positively comatose! FWIW, I only record my vids with the purpose of ' personal diagnostic purposes,' but then since I have them and people are always clamoring for more data and vids anyway, I figure why not share them.... sure, they may be crappy quality, but hopefully someone somewhere took something of use away from one of them.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:01 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,769 Posts
Quote:
Wow, I've had good luck with them over several plane purchases, so it seems they are a bit off their game for you. Sorry to hear it!
My dads ordered from them recently and seemed to get thing fast if this was something i didnt care when itcame then it would done been here im sure guess next time will pay more for faster shipping was trying get it cheap as i could

Guys im sorry for posting the video i dont know him didnt know he was a lie i just seen it while searching and seen look like he got ax3s to work a xguy on here said he was going to try so didnt know
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:12 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,255 Posts
Quote:
No, even though I do dislike him and his approach, I have to admit he is not (IMHO) shiesty in that manner.

He is just an empty husk wanting to build up a needy ego, and one of those who claims he knows more than you, the FAA, FCC, FTC, and Einstein combined, and won't ever let anyone forget it, as he trolls and 'lectures' and concocts conspiracy theories and builds grudges.

I'm sure there is some merit some where in some thing he has done some time on some project.... but it's not worth trying to separate the sparse wheat from the enormous chaff, IMHO.
sounds like a guy over on the FPV forums talking about aerial photography
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:27 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
if you can actually use the warranty then that would be nice
why would we need a warranty if the packs rock anyways?
I have packs that are beyond the 2 year time frame, so that's out of warranty for TP and my nanos are still going strong
50% replacement I can still buy 2 packs of another brand vs the one of TP just for warranty

fact is we can still charge other packs in about 10-11min each
one would need more than two TP packs to really keep flying all day, cuz you still need a cool down time for the lipo between flight and charging

I have a 6 port charger than I can charge 6 lipos in a few min, so my time is well spent

to many other packs out there for much less IMO that we can buy 4 at the same price and keep flying without charging at the field
in other words more flying and having fun at the park or field and not needing to load up more stuff like a charger just to keep flying for more than a couple flights
Do what you want. I already know which packs last the longest, charge the quickest, and provide the most power. I'll stick with that. I have no desire to spend good money on a high-performance aircraft, then skimp on batteries, and screw myself out of enjoying the performance I paid for. That is a waste of my money. Just like I would never buy a car that needs premium & then put regular in it. That would be a complete waste of money.

Besides - I usually only buy Chinese stuff when there are no other choices. I'd much rather buy Japanese LiPos than Chinese. (Hyperion & TP both use Japanese cells. Hence, why it is no surprise that they are usually at the top of the list amongst those who demand max performance & cycle-life from their packs.)

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Dec 01, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:42 PM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,326 Posts
Quote:
heh heh

Then mine must have you positively comatose! FWIW, I only record my vids with the purpose of ' personal diagnostic purposes,' but then since I have them and people are always clamoring for more data and vids anyway, I figure why not share them.... sure, they may be crappy quality, but hopefully someone somewhere took something of use away from one of them.
No, I appreciate your vids and everyone else's. They don't bore me one bit, and I enjoy watching them. I'm not a super flyer, but when someone decides to put gyro's in their plane and call it AS3x when they clearly haven't learned to even harrier well (let alone hover) without modding a perfectly capable plane, I think it's a little weird.
llbr22 is online now Find More Posts by llbr22
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:15 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Do what you want. I already know which packs last the longest, charge the quickest, and provide the most power. I'll stick with that. I have no desire to spend good money on a high-performance aircraft, then skimp on batteries, and screw myself out of enjoying the performance I paid for. That is a waste of my money. Just like I would never buy a car that needs premium & then put regular in it. That would be a complete waste of money.

Besides - I usually only buy Chinese stuff when there are no other choices. I'd much rather buy Japanese LiPos than Chinese. (Hyperion & TP both use Japanese cells. Hence, why it is no surprise that they are usually at the top of the list amongst those who demand max performance & cycle-life from their packs.)

Joel
news...
there are new packs on the market that are better in performance and value vs Hyperion and TP these days...
they cost about 1/2 and deliver more amps and they have a warranty

a coupe guys at my FE club run Hyperion packs and they have no advantage at all over those who run other packs, even after two seasons of hard racing
we have even done back to back testing on a couple FE boats just to see what packs are faster... faster packs get our money at the club hands down no matter the costs

ps. my Beemer runs Shell premium only, it cost the most around my area and I run nothing else
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:33 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,861 Posts
I would not try to debate that the TP batteries are great. I have some 2200's that are three and four years old that I bought used. But they do suffer in the convenience bracket because of their balance plugs. Always have to make sure I have the little adapters in the right place at the right time. But on the Edge, put me in the cheap battery seats. If TP batteries are $24, I can have 4 nano's or zippy's or whatever else and with the standard balance plugs, can charge them at 5c on any of several elcheapo parkzone chargers that I keep in the van along with it's permanently mounted rear battery for flyin. So for what 3 tp's would run, I can have 12 cheapies and fly for quite some time even without charging. And I have no want of any more performance than I get out of these batteries on the Edge, hardly ever having the throttle wide open anyway. But if you are after most power and speed and the tp's produce that, they are probably for you - just maybe not for everybody. Why do many folks seem to think that what's right for them is right for everyone?
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:34 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
So I'm trying to put the park 300 on this plane and I'm having two issues.

First - I cant get the motor mount off the stock motor.

Second - I think I need to reverse the shaft on the Park 300 to be able to use the prop adapter but I'm having issues doing that as well.

Any tips/ideas/help?
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:45 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
I would not try to debate that the TP batteries are great. I have some 2200's that are three and four years old that I bought used. But they do suffer in the convenience bracket because of their balance plugs. Always have to make sure I have the little adapters in the right place at the right time. But on the Edge, put me in the cheap battery seats. If TP batteries are $24, I can have 4 nano's or zippy's or whatever else and with the standard balance plugs, can charge them at 5c on any of several elcheapo parkzone chargers that I keep in the van along with it's permanently mounted rear battery for flyin. So for what 3 tp's would run, I can have 12 cheapies and fly for quite some time even without charging. And I have no want of any more performance than I get out of these batteries on the Edge, hardly ever having the throttle wide open anyway. But if you are after most power and speed and the tp's produce that, they are probably for you - just maybe not for everybody. Why do many folks seem to think that what's right for them is right for everyone?
PERFECTLY said!!! Just depends what's important in a particular context to somebody,,, its ALL GOOD right???? :-)