HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:59 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,605 Posts
I can't wait till this one comes out. I will buy it locally though just to make sure it's all 100% working when I get it.. You know HH I'd rather have local support then to have to play the ship back lingo and lose a month of flying time.

Anyways, it looks great. I'm OK with no AS3X. My V1 Sbach didn't have it and I had no prob in 15-20mph wind. It's all in how ya wiggle the sticks

Plane looks great. Rolls like a powerdrill - just how I like'em

Pugsam - I have V1 AS3X converted Sbach - no question on which to get! Even if I didn't, the size of this one alone would make my mind up. I think it's a great price.
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:13 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
2,842 Posts
540!
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:36 AM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
I think you may have missed a post. That wasn't Quique flying in the video - it was developer Colton Clark. Even Quique admits he isn't as fast on the sticks as Colton was in the video.
There you go! Thanks for the clarification Dave, and good to give credit where it is proper and due, as I did miss that. That said, now I feel even MORE inadequate, knowing that there are folks like Colton CLARK who are even better than Quique ... wow, little humbling! LOL

Looking forward to this plane Dave, keep them coming ... but maybe space them out a bit more, my wallet is getting too light, my wife a little miffed, and my garage/hanger a LOT full.
Fish99 is online now Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:43 AM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Anybody else enjoying the exquisite agony of choosing between this bird and the new AS3x Sbach?

They're both VERY appealing. But, for me, it's too much of a good thing -- like eating a whole box of chocolates at one sitting -- to think of getting both of them at about the same time.

If you could get only one of these two -- at least for the time being -- which would you choose???

All points of view appreciated.........

Seeing as thought I JUST bought the Sbach 3D this week, and it is available now I guess my choice was made! LOL. That said, and knowing I am LOVING this new SBach (especially when it is too windy to fly anything else but it and my Beast 3D) I would have to say that if I had NOT already bought the Sb3D, I would likely be thinking hard about the new Edge. Only sticking point is the ton of lipos I already have for the Sb3D, which work in my Beast and even Mig and Stryker, so no need to get into a whole new collection of lipos ...

Take out the lipo factor and plane for plane I am probably getting the new Edge. Great question though Pug!

Marlin
Fish99 is online now Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:57 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,186 Posts
Thanks, Marlin.

Excellent point about the lipos -- with the Edge, I'd probably drop $50+++ on new types of batteries.*

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Last edited by pugsam; Oct 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: * Not that there's anything wrong with that
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:03 PM
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
1,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
Uhm.... the math does not add up...
uh......ya......just noticed that......but WHAT EVER I GOT TO GET THIS!!! lol

-joker
joker24458 is offline Find More Posts by joker24458
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:43 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,400 Posts
Quote:
Anybody else enjoying the exquisite agony of choosing between this bird and the new AS3x Sbach?
If you could get only one of these two -- at least for the time being -- which would you choose???
The Edge! Simply because they both are scaled down real airplane, but for "3D" (please notice the ""), the real Edge has an edge (pun intented). For me, the Sbach is almost "just" a commuter airplane! (yes, I know, I'm totally wrong on that one! But I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that it's a "3D" airplane, even if they share very similar lines). In fact, in both case, I would like the fuselage to be off scale by being a weebit longer!

No matter what, you put QQ's signature on a brick, and it will fly well, so, yep, the Edge!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:47 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,008 Posts
Getting the Edge. If it's at the JR Indoor next weekend I'll get lots of pics and some video.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hangar 9 P-40b
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:58 PM
Joined Apr 2012
311 Posts
I would get it if it were the size of the umx sbach, so I am probably getting the umx Sbach instead
minimicrorc is offline Find More Posts by minimicrorc
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:00 PM
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
1,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
Still didn't answer my question though....differential...mentions it in manual. Haven't used it before.

J
Can I do differential with my DX6i? I havent used it before either.

-joker
joker24458 is offline Find More Posts by joker24458
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:11 PM
Joined Nov 2011
2,842 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, Marlin.

Excellent point about the lipos -- with the Edge, I'd probably drop $50+++ on new types of batteries.*

Don't let buying new lopos throw you off..
you can get nice packs for about 6 bucks each I think
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:41 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,008 Posts
$4 each. I have 4 of them and they're great just like all of the Gens.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-450-3s1p.html
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hangar 9 P-40b
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:57 PM
Joined Nov 2011
2,842 Posts
Great find!
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:12 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
$4 each. I have 4 of them and they're great just like all of the Gens.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-450-3s1p.html
Still, we'll need lots of 'em!!!.......and then a bunch of little 4S's, for getting really stoopid.......

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Jan 2008
118 Posts
What connectors do those lipos come with
rapala is offline Find More Posts by rapala