Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:29 AM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
You should be okay using the medium. Just pull them out a little and get both sides of the hinges with the FS CA and quickly slip them back in. Normal CA will eat the foam for sure.
I'll see if I can get my hands on some thin foam safe CA first. I've seen CA cure VERY quickly before and I'm afraid that it may cure before I can get the hinges back into the slots. It would be much easier and foolproof to get some thin CA and wick it in there while they're already in the slots.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:40 AM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
epoweredrc's Avatar
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,705 Posts
I ordered the 370 nano tech from the usa hk warehouse still had bunch when i ordered two days ago who knows when i will get them i do have a 850.nano 3s but not sure i will try it being 70g my hayin is .500 at 50grams.
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:40 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
turboparker's Avatar
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Why with as3x??
Bobly,

It's quite simple. Flying big & wind-handling! The more my planes behave like their giant-scale & full-scale counterparts, the more I enjoy flying them, and the dramatic improvement in wind-handling means that my flying season is extended by a month or more. Given that the Beast 3D simply laughs at 20+ MPH winds, and given that larger planes with similar systems fly with impunity in 30+ MPH winds, it's a no-brainer to me. I'm hoping that they'll eventually release a stand-alone, fully-programmable version of AS3X and/or an rx with integrated, fully-programmable AS3X - similar to their AR7200BX rx w/integrated BeastX FBL controller. In the meantime, I will be putting the fully-programmable Guardian 2D/3D in pretty much everything I own that is large enough to carry the extra 11 grams with negligible effect.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:56 AM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Here is the one they are sending me. It's junk but I wanted something from them. You could use the second link and it's probably better than stock.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...servo-EFLRDS35

http://www.valuehobby.com/radio-syst...cro-servo.html
Just ordered 2 of the value hobby servos. I'll let you guys know how they work. Thanks again for the link
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:21 AM
Registered User
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
I ordered the 370 nano tech from the usa hk warehouse still had bunch when i ordered two days ago who knows when i will get them i do have a 850.nano 3s but not sure i will try it being 70g my hayin is .500 at 50grams.
If you don't mind spending 23.99 , the Thunder Power 325 65c batteries give ALOT of punch with a very low 34g weight, plus you can charge them at 12c ( about 5min) and they last 600 cycles!!! The plane flys noticably better , better power to weight ratio, better slow speed, quicker response ,, and because of how fast they charge alls you'll need are two batteries and a charger and you can fly ALL day long.
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:26 AM
Registered User
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Bobly,

It's quite simple. Flying big & wind-handling! The more my planes behave like their giant-scale & full-scale counterparts, the more I enjoy flying them, and the dramatic improvement in wind-handling means that my flying season is extended by a month or more. Given that the Beast 3D simply laughs at 20+ MPH winds, and given that larger planes with similar systems fly with impunity in 30+ MPH winds, it's a no-brainer to me. I'm hoping that they'll eventually release a stand-alone, fully-programmable version of AS3X and/or an rx with integrated, fully-programmable AS3X - similar to their AR7200BX rx w/integrated BeastX FBL controller. In the meantime, I will be putting the fully-programmable Guardian 2D/3D in pretty much everything I own that is large enough to carry the extra 11 grams with negligible effect.

Joel
How bout they just have programmable gains in the ASX like they have in the blade 130x???
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:29 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2010
3,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Bobly,

It's quite simple. Flying big & wind-handling! The more my planes behave like their giant-scale & full-scale counterparts, the more I enjoy flying them, and the dramatic improvement in wind-handling means that my flying season is extended by a month or more. Given that the Beast 3D simply laughs at 20+ MPH winds, and given that larger planes with similar systems fly with impunity in 30+ MPH winds, it's a no-brainer to me. I'm hoping that they'll eventually release a stand-alone, fully-programmable version of AS3X and/or an rx with integrated, fully-programmable AS3X - similar to their AR7200BX rx w/integrated BeastX FBL controller. In the meantime, I will be putting the fully-programmable Guardian 2D/3D in pretty much everything I own that is large enough to carry the extra 11 grams with negligible effect.

Joel

Joel, You are apparently a windy day flyer, but I am not. I do not enjoy flying in winds much past 20mph and prefer no more than 15. If it's windy, I have other hobbies I can keep myself busy with. I don't have a beast with as3x, so can't comment on its wind abilities. I do know that I spent almost 3 hours alone at the club field last week with only the Edge and my Sbach with ax3x. Wind was quite variable with lows of no less than 10 mph and highs of around 15. I alternated back and forth and much prefered the Edge in these conditions. I could fly like I would under basically calm conditions. The as3x would keep the sbach fairly straight line, but at 2 ounces it needed it but still you could see the wind push it around and the system kick in to stabilize it. The edge just flew like a normal plane. One of the other systems you mention might really be neat to play with, but my comment was specifically about as3x which has no abilities to turn on or off or easily set parimeters on while in flight or even at the field in general. If you like to fly um planes in 20-30 mph wind, the as3x or something better is a must if you ask me, but I don't even go to the field in those conditions as I don't enjoy it.
And at 15 mph don't need it at all with the edge or my larger planes. One other thing I notice about the Edge, it flies much much more like my larger planes than the Sbach or Beast, as3x or not. Very little difference between it and my balsa 3d or aerobatic planes.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:33 AM
Registered User
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Joel, You are apparently a windy day flyer, but I am not. I do not enjoy flying in winds much past 20mph and prefer no more than 15. If it's windy, I have other hobbies I can keep myself busy with. I don't have a beast with as3x, so can't comment on its wind abilities. I do know that I spent almost 3 hours alone at the club field last week with only the Edge and my Sbach with ax3x. Wind was quite variable with lows of no less than 10 mph and highs of around 15. I alternated back and forth and much prefered the Edge in these conditions. I could fly like I would under basically calm conditions. The as3x would keep the sbach fairly straight line, but at 2 ounces it needed it but still you could see the wind push it around and the system kick in to stabilize it. The edge just flew like a normal plane. One of the other systems you mention might really be neat to play with, but my comment was specifically about as3x which has no abilities to turn on or off or easily set parimeters on while in flight or even at the field in general. If you like to fly um planes in 20-30 mph wind, the as3x or something better is a must if you ask me, but I don't even go to the field in those conditions as I don't enjoy it.
And at 15 mph don't need it at all with the edge or my larger planes. One other thing I notice about the Edge, it flies much much more like my larger planes than the Sbach or Beast, as3x or not. Very little difference between it and my balsa 3d or aerobatic planes.
Yes,,,,,,, but if you had continously variable adjustment of amount of stability added,,, might be fun to play around with. :-)
HH you listening??????
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:36 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2010
3,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
Yes,,,,,,, but if you had continously variable adjustment of amount of stability added,,, might be fun to play around with. :-)
HH you listening??????
Yeh, that might be a blast. Bring it on.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:40 AM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
epoweredrc's Avatar
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Just ordered 2 of the value hobby servos. I'll let you guys know how they work. Thanks again for the link
Please do let us know, be nice to find a very good source for them rather then HH but of corse if they willing to replace for free is always good as long as they were in stock, i wish they wouldn't release a new product till they have full stock of parts unless there so well tested that they know won't be issues...

Ok guys here are some Battery info for you guys hope some of you get much data from it. In order from lest amount of weight to heaviest these are all the numbers from the websites except for the haiyin n 850 I have and weigh myself

Thunder power 325 65C 33 Grams $23.99 Wight with velcro is 34-36g
Nanotech 370mah 25c 39 Grams $4.23
hyperion 450 mah 25c 42.5 grams $15.95
Glacier 450mah 25c 45 grams $4.50
Nanotech 460mah 25c 45 grams $4.72
Zippy compact 500 35c 48grams $7.50
Haiyin 500 mah 20c 50 grams $11.76
Gen ace 450 mah 25c 53 grams $4.00
nanotech 850 mah 25c 70 grams $6.43


if anyone have any of these and know the weigh is different let me know i will edit my info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
If you don't mind spending 23.99 , the Thunder Power 325 65c batteries give ALOT of punch with a very low 34g weight, plus you can charge them at 12c ( about 5min) and they last 600 cycles!!! The plane flys noticably better , better power to weight ratio, better slow speed, quicker response ,, and because of how fast they charge alls you'll need are two batteries and a charger and you can fly ALL day long.
Yes I know TP is the best, I have flown TP for years My father is a beta tester for them or used to be, we not tested any new tp packs since the new 65C one I was flying those in my helis 2 yrs ago before released. At this time I do not have funds to buy any hope these others will work well enough, I have flown nanotech's and Genace for about 2 yrs now and have very good luck with them.



I fly whenever, most time don't fly if its above 10 just cause well this time of the year its to cold to be out on a 40 degree day and 15 mph winds. I live .8 mile from my flying field and fly smaller things mcpx in my yard i don't have to fly on windy days. But sometimes i just want to fly I admit my Best 3d does handle wind better and i sold my old v1 beast only cause needed the funds, No reason to have two beasts i felt so one went. the 3d does help in wind but I DONT have to have as3x to fly in wind but it does make the plane fly smoother.
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Last edited by epoweredrc; Nov 29, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:43 AM
Registered User
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,054 Posts
I personally have found that exactly how much the edge gets bounced around in the wind kinda depends on how light of a battery I've got in it and/or where I've got the CG,,, but maybe that's just my lack of experience with 3d planes. With slope planes this was Definately the case.
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:46 AM
Registered User
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Please do let us know, be nice to find a very good source for them rather then HH but of corse if they willing to replace for free is always good as long as they were in stock, i wish they wouldn't release a new product till they have full stock of parts unless there so well tested that they know won't be issues...

Ok guys here are some Battery info for you guys hope some of you get much data from it. In order from lest amount of weight to heaviest these are all the numbers from the websites except for the haiyin n 850 I have and weigh myself

Thunder power 325 65C 33 Grams $23.99
Nanotech 370mah 25c 39 Grams $4.23
hyperion 450 mah 25c 42.5 grams $15.95
Glacier 450mah 25c 45 grams $4.50
Nanotech 460mah 25c 45 grams $4.72
Haiyin 500 mah 20c 50 grams $11.76
Gen ace 450 mah 25c 53 grams $4.00
nanotech 850 mah 25c 70 grams $6.43


if anyone have any of these and know the weigh is different let me know i will edit my info



Yes I know TP is the best, I have flown TP for years My father is a beta tester for them or used to be, we not tested any new tp packs since the new 65C one I was flying those in my helis 2 yrs ago before released. At this time I do not have funds to buy any hope these others will work well enough, I have flown nanotech's and Genace for about 2 yrs now and have very good luck with them.
You forgot Zippy compact 500 35c at 48g,, I bought some of these from HK for $7.50 ea not a bad value
But I was REALLY surprised by just how much of a difference the TP325 65c made in this edge
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:48 AM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,212 Posts
My thunder power 325mah 65c weighs 35.5g, with Velcro it's 36.6g. I think the 45c weighs 33 or 34 grams and is $20.99. Edit- my thunder power 325mah weigh more cause I added micro deans connectors.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Last edited by slo-fly; Nov 29, 2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: I'm a moron
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:50 AM
Registered User
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
My thunder power 325mah 65c weighs 35.5g, with Velcro it's 36.6g. I think the 45c weighs 33 or 34 grams and is $21.99.
Mines only 34g WITH Velcro ,,, guess my Velcro is very light. :-O
Now we're REALLY splitting hairs. :-)
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:56 AM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
epoweredrc's Avatar
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
You forgot Zippy compact 500 35c at 48g,, I bought some of these from HK for $7.50 ea not a bad value
But I was REALLY surprised by just how much of a difference the TP325 65c made in this edge
Added and well I guess maybe everyone's scales a lil different mine are pretty close to my local post office I always ship things. and weigh at home.Again I do not have a 65 c TP to weigh I got the Tp and hyperion info from Rclipos.com very good place to buy they offer free shipping on any order.

Where can you find a 45C TP ?
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E-flite 300 A6M5 Zero BNF Basic Afraidtoregister Electric Warbirds 1036 Yesterday 11:07 PM
Sold BNIB E-flite UMX Beast 3D BNF Basic AS3X (EFLU4850) plus EXTRAS peterswolf Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Sep 14, 2012 07:43 PM
For Sale E-Flite MSR X BNF Basic edition daign Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jun 01, 2012 08:59 PM
Sold Edge 540 3D ARF by E-Flite freirem Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Feb 28, 2012 06:38 PM
Discussion A6M5 Zero 300 BNF Basic by E-flite BlazingStar Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Feb 03, 2012 02:22 AM