HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:32 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Yea. Just need to get time to switch things out and give it a go!
The 300 might be slightly easier to fit. I fly my zero with a 300 in it with stock 7x6 prop and stock ESC on 3s with no issues. Although I think the 340 might have more power
We'll be very interested to hear how it goes
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:40 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
The 300 might be slightly easier to fit. I fly my zero with a 300 in it with stock 7x6 prop and stock ESC on 3s with no issues. Although I think the 340 might have more power
We'll be very interested to hear how it goes
I'll be running it on 3s with an 8x4 prop. I've been using that on my Crack Yak and it's a rocket.
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:45 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,641 Posts
Quote:
Yea. Just need to get time to switch things out and give it a go!
Great
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:04 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,244 Posts
Quote:
I'll be running it on 3s with an 8x4 prop. I've been using that on my Crack Yak and it's a rocket.
Ya 8x4 sounds perfect!!! My zero on 3s with a 7x6 is a rocket too,, radared it at 64mph. You gona use stock ESC ??
I just remembered I have an old e flite p-40 in the closet I don't fly much with a 300 in it,,,,, hmmmmm
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:09 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
Ya 8x4 sounds perfect!!! My zero on 3s with a 7x6 is a rocket too,, radared it at 64mph. You gona use stock ESC ??
I just remembered I have an old e flite p-40 in the closet I don't fly much with a 300 in it,,,,, hmmmmm
I would go for it.
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:11 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,303 Posts
Well i made the mistake of not reversing the polarity on the rudder servo and that burned out then i reversed it on the aileron but the extension is what reversed that and i wasn't using the extension so i burned that out. So now i'll have to wait probably months before they get the servo in stock that i need. (i'm using a hitec minima RX, ALL LEADS NEED TO HAVE + AND - REVERSED FROM STOCK CONFIGURATION)

I know someone had there rudder servo burn out, can you give me a link to the servo they sent you as a replacement please?
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:16 PM
United States, MA, Rutland
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
These guys are in the forum listed as legit, and who I ordered mine from:
http://myworld.ebay.com/eletoponline365
Got mine from here. Really quick delivery with extra battery. A good micro flash card is a must but worth every penny.
ScottGridley is offline Find More Posts by ScottGridley
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:17 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Well i made the mistake of not reversing the polarity on the rudder servo and that burned out then i reversed it on the aileron but the extension is what reversed that and i wasn't using the extension so i burned that out. So now i'll have to wait probably months before they get the servo in stock that i need. (i'm using a hitec minima RX, ALL LEADS NEED TO HAVE + AND - REVERSED FROM STOCK CONFIGURATION)

I know someone had there rudder servo burn out, can you give me a link to the servo they sent you as a replacement please?
Man... That blows. I was ready to see some video!
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:20 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Dec 2011
4,303 Posts
Quote:
Man... That blows. I was ready to see some video!
Yeah i was looking forward to flying it if i had a break in the weather.

For now it makes a nice looking static model though
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:26 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post

Here is the one they are sending me. It's junk but I wanted something from them. You could use the second link and it's probably better than stock.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...servo-EFLRDS35

http://www.valuehobby.com/radio-syst...cro-servo.html
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:27 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
I'm wondering how well the park 340 will do on 2s. If the park 340 puts out more than 100 watts on 2s with 8x3.8 prop then we might have something nice here. The 2s lipo is around 25-30g, that's about 15g lighter than stock but park 340 motor weighs 7g more than stock so in the end you're still around 8g less than stock. It won't be as fast as stock but with a 8x3.8 prop it should create more thrust and prop wash for slower 3d flying. Just change the prop to a 7" and go 3s for a high speed thrill. I'm hoping to get the best of both worlds with this park 340, we'll find out next week!
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:33 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
I'm wondering how well the park 340 will do on 2s. If the park 340 puts out more than 100 watts on 2s with 8x3.8 prop then we might have something nice here. The 2s lipo is around 25-30g, that's about 15g lighter than stock but park 340 motor weighs 7g more than stock so in the end you're still around 8g less than stock. It won't be as fast as stock but with a 8x3.8 prop it should create more thrust and prop wash for slower 3d flying. Just change the prop to a 7" and go 3s for a high speed thrill. I'm hoping to get the best of both worlds with this park 340, we'll find out next week!
Man I hope it works. That would be killer
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:50 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
A v2 edge would be cool, keep the original and make minor improvements but a v2 with as3x and a red bull scheme would be the way to do it!
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:12 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
A v2 edge would be cool, keep the original and make minor improvements but a v2 with as3x and a red bull scheme would be the way to do it!
Why with as3x??
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:15 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Dec 2011
4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Here is the one they are sending me. It's junk but I wanted something from them. You could use the second link and it's probably better than stock.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...servo-EFLRDS35

http://www.valuehobby.com/radio-syst...cro-servo.html
Thank you!