HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:46 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,815 Posts
Well i ordered black ones but it is inportant to sand it level and equal otherwise could end up on a angle and or off balance. I guess a collet with a set screw be best if could find one
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:50 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Well i ordered black ones but it is inportant to sand it level and equal otherwise could end up on a angle and or off balance. I guess a collet with a set screw be best if could find one
Well guess I learned the hard way. :-)
But the ORANGE ones look waaaaay cool!!!
Airman74 is online now Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:55 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
Mine has fingernail grooves on battery hatch and the nose. There are like 4 or 5 of them.

J
Funny, I don't usually get all picky about things like an indentation or two, but one of the first things I noticed on mine were indeed several indentations in several spots... I guess it's because the paint, surface and general quality is so high that those blemishes really stuck out and caught my eye. On the first foamies I had ( you know: pure white color, pebbly surface texture, no real scale details, and with just a few decals stuck on) I'm sure I wold never have even noticed them, but I guess they get handled pretty roughly in certain steps of assemble or test, or something, since this one definitely has some impressions on it.

This, and the loose latch hardware, and the rattlely wheels though are not collectively enough to even make a tiny dent in the otherwise unadulterated pleasure of that first outing with it. Looking forward to wringing it out even further tomorrow.

EDIT TO ADD: Woot -- over half way through reading the thread now! Lotsa good stuff in there!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:57 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,164 Posts
So maybe next ill have to try either 300 motor with a 8x4 prop,,,, or the stock motor with 7x4 MAS electric only prop,, hmmmmm
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:02 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,214 Posts
Ok, this is very important info, write it down. The eflm1920 is a 2mm collet that will fit master airscrew props without hub adapters, and apc props. It weighs 2.6g and is 3.99. It also has a little metal nose cone for those that don't want to use the stock spinner. The eflm1935 is a set screw adapter that is very similar to stock, fits the gws and stock props, only has one set screw and weighs 1.3g.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:09 PM
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Just got mine today, but I do not have any batteries yet. In regards to the QC issues, my wings went together well, but the canopy was practically off and the cowl was loose.
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:13 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,214 Posts
Here's a pic of the 2 eflite prop adapters
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:30 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
Ok, this is very important info, write it down. The eflm1920 is a 2mm collet that will fit master airscrew props without hub adapters, and apc props. It weighs 2.6g and is 3.99. It also has a little metal nose cone for those that don't want to use the stock spinner. The eflm1935 is a set screw adapter that is very similar to stock, fits the gws and stock props, only has one set screw and weighs 1.3g.
GREAT info!!!! Thanks SLO -fly!! Gona order BOTH
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:30 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
slo-fly

Thanks very much for prop adapter details and pics !

so,
eflm1935 for GWS props and stock prop
eflm1920 for APC and MAS props
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:32 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrtim View Post
slo-fly

Thanks very much for prop adapter details and pics !

so,
eflm1935 for GWS props and stock prop
eflm1920 for APC and MAS props
Ya since stock prop sucks soooo bad!!!,, will be good to use these to easily switch and try different props. :-)
Plus,,,,, someone's here gota try the 300 motor on 8x4 right??? ;-)
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:36 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benf207 View Post
Just got mine today, but I do not have any batteries yet. In regards to the QC issues, my wings went together well, but the canopy was practically off and the cowl was loose.
These QC issues ARE quite disturbing. :-(
It's too bad cause this plane is just sooooooo AWSOME otherwise
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:38 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,164 Posts
Did I mention how cool the GWS 7x3.5 ORANGE prop looks?????
:-)
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:41 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
These QC issues ARE quite disturbing. :-(
It's too bad cause this plane is just sooooooo AWSOME otherwise
The good thing is you don't feel so bad beating the crap out of it This thing can take a licking for sure. HH sent me a new set of wings and they came with the decals on them! If that's the case for all the parts, I will have no issues beating it up and then replacing parts as needed. The only problem I see is HH keeping good stock.
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:54 PM
Enjoying life through flight
Joined Mar 2012
243 Posts
This plane flies incredibly, BUT only when I actually get it to fly.... Update: Motor coils are now visibly coming apart. not good.

So I Replaced stock prop with orange gws 7x3.5 and went to go fly. On takeoff prop exploded... Spinner cracked.... Still not sure why

Second try, Put another GWS prop on, accidentally sanded both sides, learned the hard way...

Third try, put another GWS prop on. Hub in spinner backplate detached it self leadimg to insane vibrations...

Fourth try. Glued backplate hub back in. Put another GWS prop on. Was unable to tighten the nut down as I can't find an allen wrench to take off the prop adapter. Ripped off the cowl and tightened nut down properly. Flew fine, but about as loud as my CZ Yak.

Well I have mixed feelings, as you can tell :-)
BigEast is offline Find More Posts by BigEast
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:03 PM
"Hey yall watch this"...
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrtim View Post
I have my timer on 6:30 for nanotech 460 25c--with 30% left.
I fly slow most of time though.

try #2, anyone using 800 or 850mah?
I suppose battery will move 3/8" toward tail if I do use that heavier batt.
Iv been using a 730mah thunder power pro lite batt and I love it, cg is fine and can't complain about the fast charge times, I started using TP batteries and havnt thought about other brands since, always good performance!
Planecraazy is offline Find More Posts by Planecraazy