Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:57 AM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
i haven't tried that prop but it looks nice, i'll see if i can pick one up today and amp, watt test it.
thanks!!!
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:00 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrtim View Post
I have my timer on 6:30 for nanotech 460 25c--with 30% left.
I fly slow most of time though.

try #2, anyone using 800 or 850mah?
I suppose battery will move 3/8" toward tail if I do use that heavier batt.
I would think that you'd have a hard time getting the CG right with those batteries. I'm guessing you'd be much to nose heavy.

In addition, I'd think that much of the floatiness of this plane would disappear with that heavy of a battery in there and it's vertical would be severely limited.

In short... I just don't think you'd be too happy with that size battery in there but if you've got some laying around then give it shot and let us know what you think. If you don't have any laying around or don't have any other need for them then I wouldn't go out and purchase any of them...
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:03 AM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
It's not the same motor in the Zero. The Zero has less KV and that means you can have a bigger prop and less amps. I'd be real careful running the 7x4E on the 10amp. Move up to a 12amp to be safe.
Yes I do realize its a different motor KV etc,,, but a 7x6 prop is quite a bit higher pitch,, and SLO -fly has already tested a 7x4 on this plane he got 11.7 amps , this ESC is rated for 12amp burst , and prop will unload a bit in air ,, so with throttle management should be OK
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:19 AM
United Kingdom
Joined May 2012
212 Posts
Soo my gws props came this morning ,i've had my 450 3s lipo's for a week ,but still no plane
Hope they will be in tomorrow at LHS as i have the day off! Here's hoping!!!
So the edge 540qq will glide in for a landing power off? And i thought the umx sbach was quite a floaty plane, but there is no way it would land power off unless you dived at the runway first!
Cheers
mygeneration is offline Find More Posts by mygeneration
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:21 AM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
Master airscrew props 7x4

glass/nylon (GF) version as mentioned earlier
http://masterairscrew.com/7x4gfseriespropeller.aspx

and electric only version
http://masterairscrew.com/7x4electri...propeller.aspx

scimitar version
http://masterairscrew.com/7x4s-2seriespropeller.aspx

From what I can tell I think scimitar version has most thrust

I believe only the electric only version comes with adapter bushings
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Last edited by flyrtim; Nov 26, 2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:25 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,256 Posts
I've got an Eflite Park 300 that I've used on my Crack Yak. I wonder how that motor with an 8x4 prop (which is what I'm running on my Crack Yak) would compare to the stock motor? Anybody know what the stock motor weighs? Weight would be my only concern... if it's much heavier than the stock motor it would be difficult to get the plane properly balanced without adding tail weight which I don't want to do with a plane of this size.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:30 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
Think I may pick up a DX8 for the inflight Telemetry for this baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Doh! I've got a DX8 and didn't even know that this receiver was telemetry capable. I'll have to check that out. I've never used that feature before.
the RX does not but the TM1000 full-range telemetry module will
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM9548
this way I can prop up and temp the esc during flight to not push past the temp limits of smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
Adding telemetry to the edge will add too much weight between rx, tm1000 and sensors.
No it wont for sport flying....
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:32 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,533 Posts
Christmas came early...

Santa drives an awesome truck in Nv!

Let the batt testing begin...

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:39 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,726 Posts
I need to find a new place to fly at lunch.
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Last edited by TurboRacer; Nov 30, 2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:44 AM
Joined Nov 2010
315 Posts
Would it be wise for me to get the sBach over this as my second plane? Currently have an Ares Gamma 370 and want something smaller...
iTz Nicholas72 is offline Find More Posts by iTz Nicholas72
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:46 AM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,695 Posts
Where is everyone ordering the planes from? Anyone find it cheaper and free shipping ?
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:47 AM
Smasher of foam
United States, OH, Stow
Joined Sep 2012
201 Posts
Anybody out there use the Phoenix simulator? I'm not getting my 540qq until March or so. But my very favorite plane in Phoenix is the Kyosho Edge 540. I've set up my transmitter to the specs on HH's 540qq page, and I'm using it to practice on the Kyosho in Phoenix. (Oh, if only I could get the HH 540qq in the same Besenyei Red Bull paint job as the Kyosho!)

Anybody care to comment on a comparison between the real-life 540qq and the simulated 540?
FunkeyMonk is offline Find More Posts by FunkeyMonk
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:52 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkeyMonk View Post
Anybody out there use the Phoenix simulator? I'm not getting my 540qq until March or so. But my very favorite plane in Phoenix is the Kyosho Edge 540. I've set up my transmitter to the specs on HH's 540qq page, and I'm using it to practice on the Kyosho in Phoenix. (Oh, if only I could get the HH 540qq in the same Besenyei Red Bull paint job as the Kyosho!)

Anybody care to comment on a comparison between the real-life 540qq and the simulated 540?
I used to use Phoenix but switched to RF several months ago. However, I would strongly recommend that you not use the Kyosho Edge in Phoenix because it's much to easy to fly and will only spoil you on the simulator thereby handicapping your real life flying. It's much better to practice on something more difficult in the simulator so that your real life flying is a little easier.

SO... I'd recommend using the Shuriken or the Gemini Cap 232. Increase the elevator and rudder throws on both and increase the sim speed to about 105-110.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:56 AM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,315 Posts
anyone know of any Cyber Monday deals where I can pick up the 540qq for a few bucks savings?

thanks

edit: looks like amain has 10% off. .. let's see who's got them beat though :-)
llbr22 is offline Find More Posts by llbr22
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:03 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
Would it be wise for me to get the sBach over this as my second plane? Currently have an Ares Gamma 370 and want something smaller...
I have a converted V1 Sbach, and the 540QQ. I had about 12 flights on the Edge so far.. I like the Sbach better. It flies better... Although mine has some QA issues.. The elevator is very squirrelly and I noticed it's attached all out of line.

I dunno. I have so much fun with the Sbach.
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer