dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:02 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Nice flying IntegrityHndywrk, no doubt your enjoying it more now your able to bring it home in one piece without the lockouts. And yeah, good save!
RotaryC is offline Find More Posts by RotaryC
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:08 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Can you even get those heli/parts anymore? Do you have any links to vendors? I think the ESky HBCT is older than the 4f200? I'm interested in checking that rotor head out.
The HBCT is a little older than the 4F200, by a month or so. The HBCT does not have a 3 axis gyro, so it's very difficult to fly and never caught on. I have an HBCT and there were several others here on RCG that just bought the 4F200 and we were comparing notes, as the 4F200 was experiencing lots of breakage around the head and swashplate linkage. The HBCT rarely broke anything but blade holders and they were about $3 to replace and easy to find at the time. So one of the 4F200 owners bought a wrecked HBCT from someone local who wrecked it and swapped head parts. That cured the problems. Others followed. Of course neither of these helis sold very well, so it's not something that got much attention. Buying all of the HBCT head parts that were used probably wasn't cheap, either.

I still have my HBCT. It's complete and functional; but needs some tweaking and servos replaced. ESky servos aren't any better than Walkera. I think it uses HBCP V3 blade holders and that's the only thing it breaks, except servos. http://www.esky-heli.com/spare-parts...et-002417.html. I have spare servos, too. I'm leaving the hobby, so I'll be putting up some ads for stuff I haven't sold locally through Craigs list. I'll sell the HBCT for $40. Here's a picture of the head. It's quite nice for a cheap heli.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:15 AM
Joined Sep 2010
480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I am a bit surprised that any model shop would dare to stock it, least of all in Europe. There won't be much if any learning curve from the mCPX. Most just hover and fly it slowly around. Some will not fly it at all and just put in on their mantelpiece. This may explain why so few complaints have been heard about it. Anyway, nice looking heli and Christmas gift.
That 4F200LM is a really beautyfull heli, everytime I see it I'm tempted to buy it, I don't really like scale heli, but that one have a special look, and with my previous experience with the 4F200 I will be interested in an airframe however.

For the 2702V, it's like there is some sort of a pattern with it, it can work for a very long time, but once you get your first lock out with it, this is where it start to lock out every few flight, and it looks like when you try that unit with electronic other than Walkera, bigger servo, etc.... it trigger the lock out, some sort of a momentary fuse, I don't know..... it's just a theorie.... or maybee it's a software freeze.
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:38 AM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
For the 2702V, it's like there is some sort of a pattern with it, it can work for a very long time, but once you get your first lock out with it, this is where it start to lock out every few flight, and it looks like when you try that unit with electronic other than Walkera, bigger servo, etc.... it trigger the lock out, some sort of a momentary fuse, I don't know..... it's just a theorie.... or maybee it's a software freeze.
Hmmm . . . did you guys ever notice any heat on the 2702 after flying? Any hot servos? Any twitchy or notchy servos? Did these lockouts present after a crash? Do these lockout always occur during or after hard stick-banging? Any power lines nearby? Did you have your cellphone with you? Were you running a metal boom or a CF boom? Is your boom electrically connected to the frame of the heli? What about the batteries in the Tx? Were they on the lower side (e.g., say <10.5V)? Is the battery connection good and tight? I read about a guy having cut-outs due to a poor battery connection.

OK, just a whole pile of questions that came to mind.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Nov 03, 2012, 03:23 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Hmmm . . . did you guys ever notice any heat on the 2702 after flying? Any hot servos? Any twitchy or notchy servos? Did these lockouts present after a crash? Do these lockout always occur during or after hard stick-banging? Any power lines nearby? Did you have your cellphone with you? Were you running a metal boom or a CF boom? Is your boom electrically connected to the frame of the heli? What about the batteries in the Tx? Were they on the lower side (e.g., say <10.5V)? Is the battery connection good and tight? I read about a guy having cut-outs due to a poor battery connection.

OK, just a whole pile of questions that came to mind.
LOL, i've never had "cool" servos or any of the electronics on the v450. They all run like a furnace. Anyway.

I had such a great day today out at the field. Lucky for me there was no one parked or in my field and i just flew over the lighting rigs they left in my way. I'm thinking this weekend the area will be full of people though. Anyway, i brought my charger with me today and got 3 flights on the Gaui and about 7 flights on the V450. Here are some of my best flights on the V450. As you will see, i don't even start getting warmed up till I'm almost out of batteries. Maybe i just need more packs? Oh well, with things going this smoothly maybe i can dust off the sim and start moving into some new ticks and stuff.

V450D01 - Flight 01 - 11-02-12 (4 min 58 sec)

V450D01 Flight 04 11 02 12 (5 min 10 sec)

V450D01 - Flight 05 - Loops & Inverted circuits 11-02-12 (0 min 0 sec)

X5 was a blast too. Got a few vids of that also.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:52 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Looking good IntegrityHndywrk, looks like those extended antenna wires did the trick, could you pop some vids up of the x5 flight as well mate?
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:01 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryC View Post
Looking good IntegrityHndywrk, looks like those extended antenna wires did the trick, could you pop some vids up of the x5 flight as well mate?
Sure, i'll be posting them regular in the X5 thread.

Here is the maiden and 2nd flight. Even though they are not sporting any Walkera gear. I had to go all out with the DX8 on this one. I just felt better doing so, and have no regrets about it so far either. Except for when i fried my TM1000 Telemetry module. Still waiting to hear back from Horizon about my email for warranty replacement or somehthing. Hopefully, otherwise no big loss. I'll get another for $60 if i have to.

Gaui X5 - Maiden Flight - 11-02-12 (8 min 15 sec)

Gaui X5 - Flight 02 - First Flips and inverted flight - 11-02-12 (7 min 40 sec)

Interestingly enough though, the microbeast has an aluminum casing. Maybe to wick away heat? I wonder if the 2702V was running too hot because of no thermally conductive material to wick the heat? sure, maybe it never got hot to the touch, but maybe it was a factor? I don't know. Just a theory
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:32 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Very nice! the size difference would make it much more stable I would think, plus you have quality gyro etc on there, bet your 450 feels small by comparison. Your getting decent flight times as well, very cool.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:40 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryC View Post
Very nice! the size difference would make it much more stable I would think, plus you have quality gyro etc on there, bet your 450 feels small by comparison. Your getting decent flight times as well, very cool.
Yeah, the 450 feels like a toy now. Just think, those are break in cycles for the pack. If i can get that kind of flight time with my flight style in a break in cycle. It will fly much longer till my alarm signals low voltage on the pack at around 3.6v/cell under load. The voltage will be about 3.7-3.8v per cell after load is removed and the pack cools. They pack is also not running hot at all for a very cheap $46 Turnigy 20-30C pack. Sure other packs will probably run better, stronger and will last for more cycles before degrading. But hell, for $46, i guess it gets me in the air for now. I figure i'll get 20-30 cycles out of it before it starts to loose flight time. maybe another 20-30 cycles before it needs to be replaced. If i get more, that would be great. But as soon as flight times start running below 4 minutes i usually toss my packs. It's a habit the v450 forced on me. I wouldn't doubt if it's still a good practice though.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:59 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,652 Posts
Here is my latest flight vid with the 500 (recorded today). story and pics to follow....

500 BeastX 3D (5 min 20 sec)
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:07 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,507 Posts
When will Walkera release direct competition for Blade Nano CPX?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:21 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Here is my latest flight vid with the 500 (recorded today). story and pics to follow....

http://youtu.be/pkKOFjrTrbc
nice one! Looks like the 2801 is holding up well. I'm still arguing with myself weather i like the new DX8 sticks more or my old 2801 sticks that are pretty loose. Sometimes i'm not sure. I'm so used to the 2801-pro that when i switch from flying my v450 to flying my X5 the stiff sticks on the DX8 feel great, but when your used to the sloppy noodles. It's kind of hard to switch over. Anyway, nice flight. Your pretty good. For all that i can do, there is lots my heli has had me scared to, for fear of lock out or other failure. So i'll be working on the reverse flights next. Both inverted and upright. I'm just now locking in for inverted flight in forward movement. Hopefully i can get the reverse down quickly now that my heli are some what stable.

V450D01 - Tick-Tocks - 11-04-12 (5 min 25 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
When will Walkera release direct competition for Blade Nano CPX?
I thought that the Nano was Blade's release for direct competition for the Mini CP, which was released last year. Something like that.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:07 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,652 Posts
I tightend the springs on my 2801. I like some resistance in the sticks, but not too stiff.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:41 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
I tightend the springs on my 2801. I like some resistance in the sticks, but not too stiff.
Yeah, i had to recalibrate my 2801 a few times by moving the pots attached to the gimbals. But i've always been scared to adjust the tension because i read a few times by different people that they broke the springs or something. I figured better not add insult to injury. But now maybe it's time to give it a try. I think they have gotten looser over time too.