HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:14 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
Guys, this not bashing, this is what things are......

What got me into heli that far today is with Walkera, and I still have two of them that I will never sell.

My first heli was an Esky coaxial, then I quickly moved to Walkera.

First fixed pitch I bough was the V200D02, I had lots of fun with it, then I bough the Ufly that I converted to flybarless, believe me or not but I was able to do flip & roll with that fixed pitch heli, more like a tight loop but that was very funny.

I then bough the 4F200 CP 2801protx because I felt confident enough to fly collective pitch heli, that was another long learning curve to master the 4F200, numerous crash etc... and around the same time I bough the Walkera Lama 3 big coaxial, I crashed it pretty bad on its first few flight and costed me almost the price of a new one to rebuilt, then I sold it. At the end I learned a lot with all those helicopter.

Next helicopter was an copterX 450pro (that I still have) and an HK 600. At that time I was still a beginner and I had in mind that the 2702V was the ultimate flybarless system to put on my 450 and 600, the 2702 was freshly released to the market and all the other BeastX, Skookum, etc.. was also relatively new, but I felt that the 2702V was as good as other unit for half the price.

The rest is only bad experience till I moved on better stabilisation sytem and TX, and it is only then that I realized what I had missed, this is also right where my flying skill started to improve at an amanzingly high rate because my heli finally worked so well and smooth, reactive at the same time, etc... and not worryed to crash every flight and can focuse on manoeuver.

BTW, season is over here and it's time to prepare for indoor flying with the GeniusCP and V120D02s, they'r great micro heli with not much competition on the market, but that is about the biggest Walkera I will own and/or recommend, anything bigger or putting WK electronic on bigger heli, a big no go for me, keep em flybar, it fly so much better.
I agree completely, however, in my opinion the v450D01 airframe is among the best 450 size air frames out there. It's just the electronics suck. The 3mm CF frame is damn durable. BELIEVE ME, i've crashed it over 30 times and i'm still rocking the original CF frame pieces, all of the original aluminum parts and the only thing i EVER have had to replace is the plastic bottom plate that the skids attach too and the skids. The skids actually hold up okay if you don't tighten the screw in all the way or use a short screw that will pull out in a crash. Honestly, unless i get a boom strike, all i ever had to replace was the main rotor equipment and blades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
I have been running the Rx2702V on my 450 Pro for nearly a year. I have not had any weird issues, though I don't fly as far away from the Tx as many here routinely do--I fly mostly in my front yard, and sometimes in a baseball diamond at the local school. Reading all of these lock-out issues, and the possiblity that it has to do with the Fixed ID, made me want to return mine to Random mode. But then I had the thought that wouldn't it be ironic if changing my 2702 back to Random mode could be just the thing that triggers off lock-outs on my unit. So, the heck with it. Right now, the unit flies fine; and once it fails, I will then replace it altogether.
Yeah, many people fly them fine forever. Helibiggie is one of them. I wouldn't worry about the unit locking out unless it was defective or damaged. There is a high possibility that these units are randomly defective from poor QC. Or otherwise from crash damage, maybe. My first one was bought used, so it's hard to tell. My second flew BEAUTIFUL for 30 flights, i installed it on my newly build V450 to sell and bought a 3rd 2702V to install on mine. After installing the 3rd one and doing at least 3 packs in my drive way. The new 2702V locked out within 30 seconds and within 100 feet too. It's not like i was all that far away. Walkera's answer to this random issue and the extensive CF shadowing happening on the V18G01 and V500. Wow hobbies has never stocked the V18G01, any one that did no longer seems to carry it. And Wow would not sell the V500 unless Walkera added the antennas to the 2702V unit. Something like that. I've heard all this though the grape vine, so whatever. All i know is that after setting up the BeastX, without flying it. The difference is already apparent. But, if your not trying to do more intermediate 3D, the 2702V is pretty good. If/when it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I just noticed in the last week or so that some of the suppliers I have been getting walkera parts from seem to be out of a lot of stuff and are selling their complete products very cheap, what they have. One does not even list complete helis anymore. I bought the last Devo 12S from one of them. Strange.
Yes, it's a continuing trend. It's been going on for a while, I've been watching it. It's part of why I've been so angry with Walkera lately. For the ones not having clearance sales, it could be just a sign that Walkera is developing another new heli. It seems like while they were working on the Master CP and until just recently no older parts were available for some helicopters like the old v450d01 swash plates and the 2801 version RX for the V120. Suddenly there were some available recently. Perhaps they slowed production again to develop another thing.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:15 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,166 Posts
The new 2702V with long antennas flew nice. It was real nice and stable, just like the "good" Rx i moved to the heli i have for sale. It didn't lock out at ALL, which is a good sign. Nothing too exciting but it was cool to have it back in the air. I will eventually probably replace the 2702V with a microbeast with SX or a AR7200BX. Even though this 2702V flew very stable and smooth, i don't think it's going to touch the BeastX. But i will know more after i get farther along with my X5. Pirouette compensation should be worth it alone, i think.

Anyway, here is the video. Nothing special. Few flips and rolls while i get back used to flying. It's been a week or 2 since i flew anything.

V450D01 - First Flight w/ new version 2702V RX with long antenna (5 min 13 sec)
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:40 AM
United Kingdom, England, Witham
Joined Feb 2011
899 Posts
Well the wife picked up this one as a Christmas present for me the other day.

4F200LM with Devo 7

Sticker price 369... reduced to clear for 199. Shop even threw in a spare battery and a load of spares.

Be a bit of a learning curve from the MSR and MCP-X lol
Essex2visuvesi is offline Find More Posts by Essex2visuvesi
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:49 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex2visuvesi View Post

4F200LM with Devo 7

Sticker price €369... reduced to clear for €199. Shop even threw in a spare battery and a load of spares.

Good price, which store? Online or brick and mortar? Lovely made heli, nice even if you don't fly it, good for show and to impress people.
sbstnp is offline Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:53 AM
Joined Feb 2011
899 Posts
Local hobby store here in Finland. The wife went to Helsinki shopping and I asked her to pop in the store and get some bits for my model railway.... she saw it and decided it would be my xmas present lol.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:50 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Local hobby store here in Finland. The wife went to Helsinki shopping and I asked her to pop in the store and get some bits for my model railway.... she saw it and decided it would be my xmas present lol.
Looks nice, i like the scale models. If you have trouble setting up the devo 7 i recently made a video for it. It's pretty long and 2 parts because i wanted to try to go through everything step by step, but if you go to the actual youtube page, in the description i put at what time on the video that i went through each setting so you can skip to the relevant parts.

I posted the videos here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7759

Have fun flying! Hope you don't have to wait till christmas to start flying it
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:23 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,260 Posts
Quote:

4F200LM with Devo 7

Sticker price €369... reduced to clear for €199. Shop even threw in a spare battery and a load of spares.

I am a bit surprised that any model shop would dare to stock it, least of all in Europe. There won't be much if any learning curve from the mCPX. Most just hover and fly it slowly around. Some will not fly it at all and just put in on their mantelpiece. This may explain why so few complaints have been heard about it. Anyway, nice looking heli and Christmas gift.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:45 PM
Joined Feb 2011
899 Posts
Funny you should say that

Another Finnish Hobby store has them in stock along with several others
http://www.verticalhobby.com/kauppa/...ml?language=en
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:49 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,260 Posts
Quote:
Funny you should say that

Another Finnish Hobby store has them in stock along with several others
http://www.verticalhobby.com/kauppa/...ml?language=en
It has been out for a while but I haven't seen this in Hong Kong.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:50 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,166 Posts
Quote:

4F200LM with Devo 7

It was released in 2011, it's a very nice heli. It's almost exactly like the 4f200's mechanics. All of the rotor head and tail rotor parts are compatible just different colors. Get yourself some thread lock and make sure all of the tail rotor screws that are metal on metal are thread locked. Don't try to do 3D with it. Even though i've seen people invert it. It's not worth the repair bill. It's an expensive heli to fix and it requires a lot of maintenance. Not to mention the 3 blade head will be the biggest part of your learning curve in this hobby, not flying it. But fixing it and tracking the blades! If anything it's capable of LESS than a MCPX. Because it is not a 3D heli. It is a fully collective pitch helicopter though. It's also one of the nicest looking scale models in this size. Enjoy it!
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:12 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Some people have replaced the head with the ESky HBCT head, or at least many of it's parts. They are a lot stronger. Plus the blade grips float... it's a lot more forgiving and not so tough on servos.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:15 AM
Joined Feb 2011
899 Posts
I'm not really into 3D, I just fly for fun. I think this will spend most of its time on the shelf as I get the feeling being Walkera, spares will be hard to find in a few months lol

Still I'm happy.... beats getting something useless for Christmas
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:17 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Some people have replaced the head with the ESky HBCT head, or at least many of it's parts. They are a lot stronger. Plus the blade grips float... it's a lot more forgiving and not so tough on servos.
Can you even get those heli/parts anymore? Do you have any links to vendors? I think the ESky HBCT is older than the 4f200? I'm interested in checking that rotor head out.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:18 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,166 Posts
Quote:
I'm not really into 3D, I just fly for fun. I think this will spend most of its time on the shelf as I get the feeling being Walkera, spares will be hard to find in a few months lol

Still I'm happy.... beats getting something useless for Christmas
Parts should still be available for a little while. The pod and boom 4f200 will run out of parts before that one.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:19 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,166 Posts
V450D01 - 11-01-12 - Time to start cutting loose (4 min 51 sec)