SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:11 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
well, one needs both for this hobby, so it's good you're an expert at one and probably better than you think at the other!!

and while my flying and building skills are slowly going down the drain since i'm waiting on my helis, i decided to make a vid of the devo 7 with my mini cp settings, and tried to explain all that i could along the way. I know you don't need that info, but for anybody that comes across this thread, here is the link to the post that i made in the other thread for the Devo 7 tx:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7759
Thanks, Dil. I think it's great that you, and others here, are making these educational resources available to everyone. I have learned a hell of a lot over the years here, and over at HF. I hope that my contributions will also a be a help to others, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeutschman View Post
Awesome Job nav. Looks just like mine. I also used the tail assy for mounting the tail motor. Works great. Just dont forget the loc-tite.
Have you flown a maiden yet?
Thanks Mdeut, yes I flew two packs through the heli this morning--just enough to determine that it still needs some dialing in. I am stoked about how well the heli flies, but I still get quite nervous with the size. I wish I could just relax, but I know too much about the mechanics to feel entirely comfortable. For this reason, my V120D02S has been getting the most air time lately.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:42 PM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
1,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeutschman View Post
Awesome Job nav. Looks just like mine. I also used the tail assy for mounting the tail motor. Works great. Just dont forget the loc-tite.
Have you flown a maiden yet?
Hey Mdeut, what kind of throttle and pitch curve numbers did you use with your 2614V?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:57 PM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Hey Mdeut, what kind of throttle and pitch curve numbers did you use with your 2614V?
Hey Nav. First you have to understand that my curves are set amazingly the same on both helicopters which have fuselages on them and makes them a little more docile,but also makes them more easier to fly for me as if they where the canopy version,but they are more of scale curves. They both have different motors,but handle the curves the same. Very stable and easy to fly. ( as compaired to a collective pitch helicopter from what i have flown before)

TH/crv with the 2801 pro TX
L-0
1-15
2-35
3-35
H-40

PT/crv with the 2801 pro TX
L-45
1-48
2-50
3-75
H-100
Thats with my max 100% pitch@ +9 degrees.
mdeutschman is offline Find More Posts by mdeutschman
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:23 PM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
1,967 Posts
Thanks for the numbers. They are quite a bit different than mine. My throttle curve is:
0, 60, 70, 72.5, 75. My pitch curve in stunt mode is: 34, 42, 50, 58, 66, which gives me a blade pitch -10, -5, 0, 5, 10. I am finding this curve to be pretty jumpy, though.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:33 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,166 Posts
Quote:
Even though the Gaui and Mikado are better, I cannot afford them. Walkera got me in the air, and then I specifically chose the Align 450 Pro because it is like the VW Bug of helis. Parts are sold everywhere, and they are not too expensive.
One of the reasons why Mikado and Gaui flies better than Align is because of lower weight. This allows lower head speeds to be used and you get a smoother flights. It does not mean that the build quality is better. The reason why Mikado weighs less is that it is used an all-plastic frame that is known to completely shatter with hard crashes. If you own a Mikado, you better not crash at all or else it could be a massive repair bill and a major headache to repair. Another reason why Mikado flies better is because it is usually paired with the Vbar. However, the Vbar is extremely difficult to set up properly and often take many hours a the flying site. Therefore Mikado users are on a different level above Align users when it comes to expertise.

The question you have to ask is whether you are getting twice the performance for twice the price. I looked at buying a Gaui 200 many times but decided against it because of the lack of local support. Now the sole agent in Hong Kong has closed and that Gaui has discontinued the 200.

Before you bash Walkera and Align, you should remember this Walkera created the micro heli market and Align is the main company responsible for the shift from nitro to electric helis. Without them, the RC heli scene would be much less developed today.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:19 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,168 Posts
Multi-rotors

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
That makes me want to get into the multi rotor copters....

btw, not sure if you noticed, but there is a creepy panda bear watching you from behind the chair..... ......
With the KK2.0-1.2V control board,there are like 20 configurations to choose from and the fun is endless....try multi-rotors,you can always quit if you don't like it.

That panda behind the chair,I put him there...he said he wanna hide from those 6 props,lol
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x pvc quad 2
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:45 PM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
274 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the numbers. They are quite a bit different than mine. My throttle curve is:
0, 60, 70, 72.5, 75. My pitch curve in stunt mode is: 34, 42, 50, 58, 66, which gives me a blade pitch -10, -5, 0, 5, 10. I am finding this curve to be pretty jumpy, though.
My headspeed maxed out @ 40% on both helicopters More than that was no change. so that's why my settings are the way they are for TH/crv. It's ok because they have plenty of head speed and they sit in one spot easier than any of my other cp heli's did. So i'm very happy with the way they fly.
mdeutschman is offline Find More Posts by mdeutschman
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:57 AM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
1,967 Posts
Hi Mdeut, when I was building the heli, I set the throttle range between 0% and 100%. I seem to be getting throttle increases throughout the throttle range, so I set my throttle range to 0, 50, 60, 62.5, 65. I then found that the heli tended to sort of dangle from the rotor head, bobbing, like a CB100 with worn dampers, so I increased the throttle range to 0, 60, 70, 72.5, 75. The bobbing is much reduced, now, but I probably should further increase the throttle range . . . we'll see, I'm just taking my time.

Thanks again for sharing your numbers.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:19 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,661 Posts
I had 3 full packs still left over from sunday, two 3300mah, and a 2650mah, that i packed up with the 500bx with the intent on flying during my lunch break. It is still kind of windy with a cold front moveing in after sandy pushed out and i did not feel like flying in the wind. I've tested and setup the beastx in wind and i now want to feel it without the forces of wind gusts. I wanna get my 3D on...

Hopefully i'll have better luck tomorrow.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:46 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,942 Posts
I installed the new 2702V and set the heli back up for 100% true. Went though the entire setup for rotor, tail everything! I replaced a set of servo gears that were not stripped but must have been damaged because they ran rough. I tuned and lubed the heli and greased the servos. Everything is running super smooth now. I put the v450 at the end of my driveway and went to the other side of my property, to the extent that i could still see the V450 in the sun. It would be roughly 100 feet or so. I turned on the range test on the 2801-pro and flipped around the pitch and cyclic. Everything responded well. It spooled up even, with no delay or anything noticeable. I have a good feeling, but am skeptical.

Here is how i installed the "New version" 2702V with long antenna wires.

Alternatively, i got my Gaui X5 all setup with the uBeast and spek equipment. My strap down test went well. I might maiden it tomorrow or the day after. I will probably give the v450 a go tomorrow with that new RX though. Wish it luck, it's going to need it. We'll see what happens. I'm definitely not setting an id though!
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:52 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Wow those are some seriously long antenna wires!

Hope all goes well for you and no more crashes due to faulty parts, only to faulty flying
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:27 AM
Joined Sep 2010
484 Posts
Guys, this not bashing, this is what things are......

What got me into heli that far today is with Walkera, and I still have two of them that I will never sell.

My first heli was an Esky coaxial, then I quickly moved to Walkera.

First fixed pitch I bough was the V200D02, I had lots of fun with it, then I bough the Ufly that I converted to flybarless, believe me or not but I was able to do flip & roll with that fixed pitch heli, more like a tight loop but that was very funny.

I then bough the 4F200 CP 2801protx because I felt confident enough to fly collective pitch heli, that was another long learning curve to master the 4F200, numerous crash etc... and around the same time I bough the Walkera Lama 3 big coaxial, I crashed it pretty bad on its first few flight and costed me almost the price of a new one to rebuilt, then I sold it. At the end I learned a lot with all those helicopter.

Next helicopter was an copterX 450pro (that I still have) and an HK 600. At that time I was still a beginner and I had in mind that the 2702V was the ultimate flybarless system to put on my 450 and 600, the 2702 was freshly released to the market and all the other BeastX, Skookum, etc.. was also relatively new, but I felt that the 2702V was as good as other unit for half the price.

The rest is only bad experience till I moved on better stabilisation sytem and TX, and it is only then that I realized what I had missed, this is also right where my flying skill started to improve at an amanzingly high rate because my heli finally worked so well and smooth, reactive at the same time, etc... and not worryed to crash every flight and can focuse on manoeuver.

BTW, season is over here and it's time to prepare for indoor flying with the GeniusCP and V120D02s, they'r great micro heli with not much competition on the market, but that is about the biggest Walkera I will own and/or recommend, anything bigger or putting WK electronic on bigger heli, a big no go for me, keep em flybar, it fly so much better.
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:53 AM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
1,967 Posts
I have been running the Rx2702V on my 450 Pro for nearly a year. I have not had any weird issues, though I don't fly as far away from the Tx as many here routinely do--I fly mostly in my front yard, and sometimes in a baseball diamond at the local school. Reading all of these lock-out issues, and the possiblity that it has to do with the Fixed ID, made me want to return mine to Random mode. But then I had the thought that wouldn't it be ironic if changing my 2702 back to Random mode could be just the thing that triggers off lock-outs on my unit. So, the heck with it. Right now, the unit flies fine; and once it fails, I will then replace it altogether.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:15 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,622 Posts
Oh I believe you about the flips and rolls! My 370 will stand on it's nose!
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:16 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
I just noticed in the last week or so that some of the suppliers I have been getting walkera parts from seem to be out of a lot of stuff and are selling their complete products very cheap, what they have. One does not even list complete helis anymore. I bought the last Devo 12S from one of them. Strange.
BThirsk is online now Find More Posts by BThirsk