HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:35 PM
USA, MN, Redwood Falls
Joined May 2010
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Yes, but...

It's called the Magic Cube and it's not got great write ups. I've used it a little but I think Zadaw had an issue with it mixing channels and causing some blood loss...

I'd save your money and just get a Devo 10 RTF instead (probably not the price range of answer you were looking for though I'm sure - sorry mate).

EDIT:
With a little more thought its actually totally the way to go because with the Devo 10 you get a TX which can do Devo and 2801/2601/2401 plus DSM2/X and others... way better BNF options... if you're ok about upgrading to DeviationTX.com 3rd party firmware.
So how hard is it to upgrade firmware to dsm2/x and how functional is the switch between models of different,what is it (protocal)
crashj is offline Find More Posts by crashj
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:37 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,606 Posts
@S-bird

Yep, your grounding sounds correct. I like cf tail blades, they are lighter and dont give off bad vibes as much when something goes wrong with the tail case/grip bearings. For main blades i use exi pro3d cf 325mm. They are good and cheap.
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:47 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperJack View Post

Is anyone interested in a RC Aerodyne MD500 fusilage (NIB) for Trex 600 helicopter? I bit off more than I can chew and seriously doubt I will ever tackel this project and would help if I could use it to finance my other projects. I'm going to list it soon.
Jack,

I would love to finnish that build for you. I have this extra 600esp that i want to put in a fuse, but it looks like it will be a while before i can get the century bell 222 w/retracts together. It just way too costly right now.

How much are you looking to get for the md500? And do you do installments?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:06 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Jack,

I would love to finnish that build for you. I have this extra 600esp that i want to put in a fuse, but it looks like it will be a while before i can get the century bell 222 w/retracts together. It just way too costly right now.

How much are you looking to get for the md500? And do you do installments?
PM sent
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:46 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashj View Post
So how hard is it to upgrade firmware to dsm2/x and how functional is the switch between models of different,what is it (protocal)
It's slightly more difficult than upgrading the standard FW but only because you have two parts, a flashing part and a USB enable/copy part but it's very simple all in all. The manual is clear and step by step for that.
Changing protocol is just changing a menu setting. Like any other programable radio setting.
The current interface is a little more complex than standard but more powerful as well.
As long as you're not a complete technophobe then you'll manage (even if you need to ask questions here).
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:13 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,102 Posts
So smooth " seems like a calming thing compared to heli, but im sure after it gets in the sky i would be shaking my thimbs off, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
Here's a vid of the first flight with my new airplane. It's super easy to fly. I got to remember to point the camera more UP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4b8vD5r2fY
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:16 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,761 Posts
No, the first couple of flights, I was nervous untill it was in the air. After that, you back the throttle off and cruse around for 15 mins. It gets boring after a while so I need a faster plane now
barnstorm100 is online now Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:55 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,606 Posts
Ha ha, so true. Thats why i put an oversized motor and prop on my plane. After doing a couple laps, i wanna bring it down and make it do tricks like my helis. My next plane will be a 3D type something.

Happy valentines day btw, now go do something romantic for the one who lets you buy your "toys".
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:34 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,606 Posts
The rain is here, the front of the pending cold front. It will bring with it 15-25mph winds and that means i may not get a flight in this weekend. Bummer... I replaced the center hub of the 500cmt head that got tweeked in an emergengy landing last weekend. I want to get that tracked and flying so i can sell it. I think its best if i no longer fly the helis i want to sell.

Im still waiting for the front umbrella gear before i start working on the 600 12s conversion, and ultimatley starting the second 600 build. With all this wind weather i should be putting the bench time in, but i just dont have the drive right now. I cant wait for the mid-term break from my school work, and hopefull a break from the windy weather.

Hope you guys have a good weekend.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:23 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Antenna leads

I was just putting together a Cessna 182 this weekend and when I opened up the RX701 Devo RX package, I noticed they now have 2 eight inch antenna leads. I checked and the other spare I got and the Devo 12 RX have all got the long leads now.
It looks like they have been listening to everyone's peeves.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:25 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,761 Posts
I tried to test hover my new heli in the backyard. This is what happened.
aller anfang ist schwer! (9 min 50 sec)
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:46 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
I tried to test hover my new heli in the backyard. This is what happened.
Holy Sh*t you were lucky! Any idea what cause it to go full throttle?
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:05 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,761 Posts
Hahaha, that was just a video I saw and had to share I'm still laughing
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:11 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Hahaha, that was just a video I saw and had to share I'm still laughing
You as@! Can you say sucker?
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:34 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,761 Posts
I'm sorry that happened to the poor guy but I'm glad I saw it. Took me a little while before I started laughing, then couldn't stop.
There was another one I viewed recently that became more funny as I watched.
Longest chicken dance. Total destruction rc crash (2 min 25 sec)