HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:12 PM
Registered User
CO2X2010's Avatar
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,305 Posts
Belated

Kdean Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MY BROTHER !!!!
...what's the exact date btw.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: cynr100
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:52 PM
BahamaHeli
kdean's Avatar
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
Thanks guys, its the 4th of february.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:50 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Thanks guys, its the 4th of february.
cool, that's my sister's bday too. Hope u had a heli of a good bday
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:07 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
hey K, just sent somebody your way about setting up the 2801 to a plane. He sent me a message on youtube and said he's having troubles with the settings so i told him to pm you. Just fyi

How's the plane flying coming along btw?
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:15 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
That got me thinking too, what is everybody's youtube channels? I know kdean's and heli biggie's. I think coco is chippi?
Just wondering cause i wanted to subscribe to all of your channels. Just realized i've been missing some interesting things that coco has been putting out there. And probably some interesting videos from others.

I haven't added much lately, but as it warms up i'll probably add more.

i'll start:

Hi, my youtube name is dilbertoheli, and i'm a heli-aholic.......
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:34 PM
BahamaHeli
kdean's Avatar
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
The plane has still not had a proper flight. It was to windy yesterday. I was taxing around with the wings off, but the wind was not letting turn around and throwing it over at time. If i cant control it on the ground I know its to windy to put it in the air.

I flew the 500cmt and had a little misshap when the tail rotor hub came loose. I was able to crash it with minimal damage. Just tweeked the main and feathering shaft. I'll fix those tonight and have it back up for sale.

My youtube name is BahamaHeli, and i too am a heli-aholic
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:24 PM
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
450 Beastx build

Just started my build today. Still awaiting some parts but I modified the HK frame to put the 2801 rx inside. Thanks to Kdean for the idea and the pics he posted.
Here's my pics. Going to put a CopterX belt drive tail assembly on this one.
Good Idea or bad idea ? I'm not too good of a flyer and have stripped out too many gears on the TT tail.
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:40 PM
Folding Spacetime
navigator2011's Avatar
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
That got me thinking too, what is everybody's youtube channels? I know kdean's and heli biggie's. I think coco is chippi?
Just wondering cause i wanted to subscribe to all of your channels. Just realized i've been missing some interesting things that coco has been putting out there. And probably some interesting videos from others.

I haven't added much lately, but as it warms up i'll probably add more.

i'll start:

Hi, my youtube name is dilbertoheli, and i'm a heli-aholic.......
Hi guys, my youtube name is just my regular name: Charles Ridgely. Been a while since I posted anything to it, though.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:33 PM
BahamaHeli
kdean's Avatar
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
Just started my build today. Still awaiting some parts but I modified the HK frame to put the 2801 rx inside. Thanks to Kdean for the idea and the pics he posted.
Here's my pics. Going to put a CopterX belt drive tail assembly on this one.
Good Idea or bad idea ? I'm not too good of a flyer and have stripped out too many gears on the TT tail.
Looks good so far. A couple things to look out for. make sure put heat shrink on the parts of the attenas that touch the cf frame, vibes will cause rubbing and cutting that you dont want on rx attenas. And that tail servo holder is known to break either in a hit or even in flight... Swap it for a plastic stock, or a beefier metal version.

If going with a belt tail, be sure to ground the tail. At first i also had problems with tt gears, but now that im better at flying and "controled crashing" i dont have to change tt gears every week. I preffer tt but it is more prone to viberation problems (solved by using two or more tt bearings in the boom), and they cost more to repair in a crash (more parts to buy).
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:18 PM
Registered User
barnstorm100's Avatar
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,852 Posts
Here's a vid of the first flight with my new airplane. It's super easy to fly. I got to remember to point the camera more UP.
001 (2 min 36 sec)
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Last edited by barnstorm100; Feb 11, 2013 at 09:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:26 PM
Registered User
USA, MN, Redwood Falls
Joined May 2010
138 Posts
Is there any way to fly a devo bnf with a 2801pro
crashj is offline Find More Posts by crashj
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:57 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashj View Post
Is there any way to fly a devo bnf with a 2801pro
Yes, but...

It's called the Magic Cube and it's not got great write ups. I've used it a little but I think Zadaw had an issue with it mixing channels and causing some blood loss...

I'd save your money and just get a Devo 10 RTF instead (probably not the price range of answer you were looking for though I'm sure - sorry mate).

EDIT:
With a little more thought its actually totally the way to go because with the Devo 10 you get a TX which can do Devo and 2801/2601/2401 plus DSM2/X and others... way better BNF options... if you're ok about upgrading to DeviationTX.com 3rd party firmware.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Last edited by thwaitm; Feb 12, 2013 at 06:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:56 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,296 Posts
I got my Devo 12S back after repair under warranty by Walkera. My vendor only charged me a $10 shipping and handling fee. My screen had developed large black blotches. I am not completely sure whether it was a warranty issue because a lot of water had seeped into the area around the screen several days earlier. But since the 12S is quite an expensive transmitter, it is worthwhile checking with the prospective vendor whether they are willing to send it back to Walkera for repair if something bad happens.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:59 AM
Moving Parts
ChopperJack's Avatar
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Yes, but...

It's called the Magic Cube and it's not got great write ups. I've used it a little but I think Zadaw had an issue with it mixing channels and causing some blood loss...

I'd save your money and just get a Devo 10 RTF instead (probably not the price range of answer you were looking for though I'm sure - sorry mate).

EDIT:
With a little more thought its actually totally the way to go because with the Devo 10 you get a TX which can do Devo and 2801/2601/2401 plus DSM2/X and others... way better BNF options... if you're ok about upgrading to DeviationTX.com 3rd party firmware.
Well, this helps my decision process about which Devo to buy. Seems I see more preference for the 10. I'm considering a Walkera Hoten X w/Devo 10.

Is anyone interested in a RC Aerodyne MD500 fusilage (NIB) for Trex 600 helicopter? I bit off more than I can chew and seriously doubt I will ever tackel this project and would help if I could use it to finance my other projects. I'm going to list it soon.
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:16 PM
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Looks good so far. A couple things to look out for. make sure put heat shrink on the parts of the attenas that touch the cf frame, vibes will cause rubbing and cutting that you dont want on rx attenas. And that tail servo holder is known to break either in a hit or even in flight... Swap it for a plastic stock, or a beefier metal version.

If going with a belt tail, be sure to ground the tail. At first i also had problems with tt gears, but now that im better at flying and "controled crashing" i dont have to change tt gears every week. I preffer tt but it is more prone to viberation problems (solved by using two or more tt bearings in the boom), and they cost more to repair in a crash (more parts to buy).
I'm going to put a small straw-tube (enlarging the hole) on the side exiting antenna, the one on the bottom has the grommet protruding into the hole so it should be ok (not touching the cf.
And I'm assuming that by grounding the tail I should scrape the finish and clamp a wire onto the bare metal and run it either to the motor mount or the negitive battery lead correct. And thanks for the input. This is going to be a very slow build, I've got a lot of irons in my fire right now. Any suggestions on tail rotor blades ??? Or Main rotor ? think I'm going to add some Tarot 450 sport linkage rods with reverse threads TL 2639, might make it a lot easier to adjust.
P.S. So the HK metal tail servo holder is JUNK ???
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Last edited by segdohbird; Feb 12, 2013 at 08:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Data Help for new pilots and beyond cantyman Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 4 Oct 24, 2012 01:47 PM
Discussion First time builder's supply guide for Scratch-Building: Beyond the Basics Disco Stew Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 1 Oct 13, 2012 04:56 PM
Question Esky A300 or Walk Lama EC135 or Walk 53QD ? PCaola Coaxial Helicopters 8 May 18, 2012 12:03 AM
Discussion Actro 24-3 vs X-Era 4025-667 2.5Y (X-Era superior in all respects) blueviewlaguna Large Electric Helis 51 Feb 27, 2009 02:28 PM
Cool Walk the walk Don Sims Humor 3 May 10, 2004 02:17 AM