HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:50 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post
Just download the emulator from www.deviatontx.com then you can play with it like it was your TX. You can even generate model files using it then copy them over to you radio.
So that's how you guys do that.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:21 PM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
I really don't want to get into this. The issue is very far reaching and deeply rooted into politics.
Totally agree and it has no place in this thread.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:11 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,752 Posts
Quote:
There was one other person, and i can't recall who or where. But they had theirs go bad also. I don't know what became of it. It would be nice if they sold the screen so you could repair it yourself. That is what i want to know.

I didn't realize yours was from water damage. That is definitely significant to remember. I have never been a fan of touch screens. But the life span of them was not something i ever considered. I suppose if it lasts a year or more, you can't expect too much more. But i've always had the idea of all the touch screen problems i've had with phones occurring on my TX... The horror!

It's funny. My phone usually costs more than my average TX (to replace). But i baby my Tx and throw my phone around.
Both the screen and the controller are available from DIgikey in Canada or the US. They are made by Texas instruments. Screen for the Devo8S was about 10.90 if I remember right.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:22 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,618 Posts
Quote:
I just think the Devo 12 is too expensive for WK. Thats all.. What difference do you need from the Devo 8 to the Devo 12? Just curious? It's not that different, feature wise.
I like the ability to assign things to switches and haveing all the bells and whistles of a big tx. Also the bigger screen will be handy when i start to loose my vision, though flying might be harder than programing by then.
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:48 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot glue View Post
I have noticed how tough it is to program the devo 7. I have only messed with dual rates, and it took me awhile. I only asked bout the Flysky th9x because I just got it.
These videos aren't the greatest and a little long and boring, but I gave it a try at making a video going over all of the settings of programming the devo 7, since so many people have trouble with this. I'm sure it's not all there but it should help you get going. What it lacks in production quality and entertainment value, it hopefully makes up for in information.

(hmm i just read over that paragraph and I surely don't try to up play them, huh, it is what it is though )

Anyway, i'll link them here just in case you could use a hand getting started on programming the devo 7. They are pretty long but if you go to the youtube page, in the description of the video I linked the time on the video where i went over each setting, so you can just click on it to get to the point in the video that you are having trouble with. It may help to get you started in these crazy menus.

Part 1 is system and model menus, and part 2 is the function menu

Walkera Devo7 walkthrough part 1.mp4 (14 min 44 sec)

Walkera Devo7 walkthrough part 2.mp4 (24 min 39 sec)
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:49 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
antenna orintation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
This is the bottom view
It's kind hard to see in this picture. Looks like you've bent the upper antenna to exit the side frame (lower antenna going through a hole in bottom frame. Have you experienced any reception problems with this setup. ???
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:17 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,718 Posts
Quote:
I was poking around.... Doing some research.. Check these out, CP/3D quads:

[IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/Z62w48OMr*UqE8iTziPj7uEYiiZpIn0XdRKSYDN5w9y44LgVFz 3sb9b7NR0rNqEmqG0tcVzUAUdUocJuTmse8Q__/20120826_183238.jpg[/IMG]

It wouldn't let me link the pictures. So you have to click.

LOL, i'm pretty sure that's a CD/DVD spindle case around the electronics

Okay, then i found this guy who was testing his own collective/variable pitch quad too... Not too exciting:

http://youtu.be/cVPUvcYooGc

OKAY, Now the main attraction.... Not released yet, but this is from the Curtis Youngblood web site: PS, SOOOO GETTING ONE!! This is what i have been waiting to get into quads for!! Without collective pitch, it's just a novelty to me.

http://youtu.be/iIxO8oIpdDA

http://youtu.be/v4CEoYHpAiA

http://youtu.be/aIBTIOTqPfw

Always in motion is the future. - Yoda

LOVE IT!
It'll do your nut with 4 swashplates to level up and synchronize! You'll just cry if you crash it...
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:49 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
It's kind hard to see in this picture. Looks like you've bent the upper antenna to exit the side frame (lower antenna going through a hole in bottom frame. Have you experienced any reception problems with this setup. ???
Yes, it is bent to poke put of the side. I have had no issues with it this way. It does not put both antenna on the same axis, and i think thats what would cause a problem. It has been as far as i could see it to control it and has not missed a beat.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:50 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,103 Posts
I have one , came with my rtf nano, its very basic but does the trick, has 70% to 100% switch for dr. Has push button throttle hold which is now only working half the time, and a switch for st1 and norm. And some trims and reverses but nothing else, i was just saying i need another tx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Does anyone know if a Dx4e does something special, mulichannel mode or something, to fly a ch 6 heli? I'm still an DSM infant.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:54 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
It'll do your nut with 4 swashplates to level up and synchronize! You'll just cry if you crash it...
It's not a walkera, man! I should be able to fly it for months without crashing... Like my Gaui, and VERY MUCH unlike any of my Walkera models. Well unless you count the V450 AFTER installing new servos, gyro, ESC and motor... Lets just not call that one a Walkera anymore though.... Because if i had bought a Trex 450 used instead of a V450. I probably would have only crashed 5 times by now, due to thumbing it. Otherwise, all other crashes were due to electrical, mechanical or signal failure.

With any luck i can cast aside the 4f200 as a problematic heli too, after replacing all but the RX, which is next... The 2702V scares me, but is working well for now.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:50 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,618 Posts
Its the last hour of my birthday, so i'll spend it updating you guys on my adventures in rc.

First of all i partied way too hard on saturday night and did not make it to the field on sunday. I was going to "try" fly my plane again and try to finalize a deal for the 500cmt ( do one last demo flight with it then remove my rx and get the new owner setup and ready to fly ). Well thanks to my bad party habbits, that did not happen, and i spent the day in my bed. This cold weather is what really kept me wrapped up in the warm bed.

I've installed the bigger of the two motors i bought for plane. It has just enough room to spin freely. A big differenc from the little hurc motor that i had in it, left over from my v400 tail motor experiments. The would fly with it, but i want unlimited vertical, and this 480 sized 1100kv with a 9x3.8sf prop wants to pull the plane out of my hand when i hold it straight up and gun it.

Im anxious to fly the plane, but not looking forward to what might happen if something goes wrong. I have my whole flight planned out, take it high, keep the speed up, get it trimmed, make a few turns, slow it down to see its "stall tendencies", if i get that far - try some low passes, if its still in the air - take it up high again and see how it handels some "stick banging", and if it makes it through all that i'll then attempt a landing approach. But I know as soon as it takes to the skies, anything can happen. I shoot a vid cause it might be the last flight this plane will see.

I've been so consumed with the prep for the plane that i have been ignoring my helis. I did start to put the second 600 frame together, but with no servos for it yet, i can only go so far. I also, in my haste, for got to order a front tt gear for the tail section i plan to put on the 12s 600. That is holding up the tail section swap between the two. I have not even soldered the connections on the new ice 80hv or the bec pro. I have so many swaps and upgrades to do, i dont know where to begin. I might just wait untill all the parts, servos, and batteries get here, then do a double 600 build/rebuild one night.

The 500tt/bx is still waiting for me to install the new hitec servos, cf tail control rod, and it needs new batteries. I guess after the 500 cmt is sold, i will put some focus on it. But with the 600's all over my bench, i'm in no rush.

The 450pro has been doing great, and after turning off the gov the tail is now locking on hard pitch pumps. It also gets more head speed and has been flying smooth and predictable. So now that the winds have gone, i can get back to 3D practice sessions with it.

The SuperV400 has been laid up for awhile, and now that the 450 is doing what it should, im rethinking my approach to the v400. I'll post more about that in the other thread.

Thats my birthday rant, i've got ten more min left...

Have a good one...
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:57 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
What I would be more worried about is whether you can tell inverted from upright.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:25 PM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,142 Posts
Quote:
Thats my birthday rant, i've got ten more min left...

Have a good one...
I'm late, but Happy Birthday!
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:56 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,652 Posts
Quote:
Its the last hour of my birthday, so i'll spend it updating you guys on my adventures in rc.
Happy birthday!

Now that comment earlier about being able to read the bigger screen makes sense! You had aging on your mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
What I would be more worried about is whether you can tell inverted from upright.
That is a damn good point. I have never flown a quad. It seems like just knowing front from back could be a little challenging. Let alone top from bottom. I guess the el wire and LEDs would help a lot. Might even be easier to fly at night just because of that.

The quad in the videos has a protective frame around the props. I don't know how durable or what. But it seems like if that was zfoam or something, it would take a hit and protect the rotors too. I'd really like to see it up close and more about how it functions.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:46 AM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Yes, it is bent to poke put of the side. I have had no issues with it this way. It does not put both antenna on the same axis, and i think thats what would cause a problem. It has been as far as i could see it to control it and has not missed a beat.
K Thankx....And Happy Belated Birthday
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird