SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:52 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
Go Specktrum? Most people go from specktrum to Walkera and they get tired of dealing with Specktrum

I live in the USA. Horizon replaces, warranties and fixes defective products within a week or two if you live here. Walkera now has a web forum where you can go to complain. I'm not holding my breath for the level of service, free replacements and things that i have seen from Horizon.

Get this. Horizon told me I broke the device and it is NOT WARRANTIED!!! But they replaced it anyway! THEM, directly. Not some ass hat distributor that doesn't feel like dealing with it.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post23522919
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Jan 20, 2013 at 04:08 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:22 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
My next victim. Its a 41" scratch built balsa trainer. There is no instructions so i'm fumbling around trying to get it setup. I'm now shopping for balsa wood and hot glue...
Your going to make me end up getting or building one of those foam screamers.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:31 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
My next victim. Its a 41" scratch built balsa trainer. There is no instructions so i'm fumbling around trying to get it setup. I'm now shopping for balsa wood and hot glue...
That looks like fun! Did u ever fix that cub u busted?
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:45 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Latest heli issues...

I've been trying to fix a bad case of tail wag on my 450 3gx. It had started before i moved but i'm just getting around to fixing it. If I recall correctly, it started basically out of nowhere, no particular crashes or modifications. I swapped out the tail slider and that whole section with no luck. Did that a while ago.

Then yesterday i fixed the cyclic servo jitter on two of the servos and thought that would help. Cleaned the pots and that seemed to greatly reduce, if not eliminate, the jitter. The tail is still wagging though... It moves about two inches back and forth in a fairly steady fashion. I took the tail servo apart (align ds520) and the gears look fine, but I couldn't get to the pot to clean it without desoldering the motor (at least i couldn't figure out how to get to the pot). I don't see any actual jitter on it but i figured i'd give that a shot just in case. I sold my soldering station before i moved and haven't bought a new one yet so i didn't want to try that with the cheap soldering iron i currently have.

Now i'm thinking about swapping out the tail servo with my other 450, also align servo, just to see if it's the servo or if i can eliminate that as a possibility. Other than that i'm running out of ideas. I tried reducing the gain, etc with no luck. All the gears look ok. Maybe i can try swapping out the complete rotor head with my other 450 to see if that is causing anything. Any other thoughts? It was strange that it started more or less out of nowhere....
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:59 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
That is the cub i busted, at least i thought it was a cub... I guess its more like a cessna, i dont know planes very well.

I dont know integrity, i often fool around with a dx6i at the field, and it feels like a plastic box with stiff sticks to me. I'm sure their newer ones feel better in the hands. I wish i lived in the US where i could just send my stuff back to be replaced. If that was the case, i would have spent more time modding the blade 400 instead of the v400. Im still hopefull that the devo 12 is the last tx i'll ever buy in my hobby carrer, but still waiting for "beta testing" to be done.
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:06 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
Latest heli issues...

I've been trying to fix a bad case of tail wag on my 450 3gx. It had started before i moved but i'm just getting around to fixing it. If I recall correctly, it started basically out of nowhere, no particular crashes or modifications. I swapped out the tail slider and that whole section with no luck. Did that a while ago.

Then yesterday i fixed the cyclic servo jitter on two of the servos and thought that would help. Cleaned the pots and that seemed to greatly reduce, if not eliminate, the jitter. The tail is still wagging though... It moves about two inches back and forth in a fairly steady fashion. I took the tail servo apart (align ds520) and the gears look fine, but I couldn't get to the pot to clean it without desoldering the motor (at least i couldn't figure out how to get to the pot). I don't see any actual jitter on it but i figured i'd give that a shot just in case. I sold my soldering station before i moved and haven't bought a new one yet so i didn't want to try that with the cheap soldering iron i currently have.

Now i'm thinking about swapping out the tail servo with my other 450, also align servo, just to see if it's the servo or if i can eliminate that as a possibility. Other than that i'm running out of ideas. I tried reducing the gain, etc with no luck. All the gears look ok. Maybe i can try swapping out the complete rotor head with my other 450 to see if that is causing anything. Any other thoughts? It was strange that it started more or less out of nowhere....
could be head speed related. Older batteries, not pushing the power they used too.

Also, you may want to check the rudder centering. (0 pitch)

You might even want to go through the whole tail setup in the 3gx again.
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:18 AM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Im still hopefull that the devo 12 is the last tx i'll ever buy in my hobby carrer, but still waiting for "beta testing" to be done.
There haven't been any comments on their thread with people having problems. Beta has bugs and I'd consider it a release. They do also. Actually it's turned into "Which battery should I use for my Devo X" type of thread. You can start the tx in file transfer mode. Open the .ini file tweek it then save it. Cycle the tx and go flying. You can always go back to the WK firmware. I had my head 90% wrapped around it in an evening (Long one) and I'm no hacker.

Where they are now is finalizing the Devo 7. It's a one way ticket because WK hasn't released the FW for going back.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:33 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
could be head speed related. Older batteries, not pushing the power they used too.

Also, you may want to check the rudder centering. (0 pitch)

You might even want to go through the whole tail setup in the 3gx again.
Thanks for the suggestions kdean

I just tested it again and the wag is gone! It's a mystery fix though, so i won't be surprised if it comes back...

Last night after taking the tail servo apart and then putting it back together, it was too late to test fly it (apartment life.. gotta worry about the darn neighbors), so I just test hovered it in the living room and the wag was gone. I was going to work on it some more today, and try some of your suggestions, but i wanted to test it out again first to make sure i didn't screw up the servo after taking it apart. I guess i didn't screw it up, but i have no idea why that would have fixed anything. Maybe there was something stuck in the gears though or something like that, no idea...

I need to take it out to the field and test it though, cause i really am doubting the wag will stay gone. I'll see i suppose. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Now it's time to put the super v400 back on the bench. One of the servo cases is busted. Has anybody found replacement fusonic servo cases yet? or do i just need a whole new servo..
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:59 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post

I will never buy another Walkera product in my life, i'm pretty sure of that. Other than to fix my current. After all my issues with WK and their lack of support. Especially after all my 2702V lock outs. I can never go back to WK transmitters. In fact, i couldn't wait to get a Spekturm DX8. Every aspect of the DX8, to me, is better than the 2801-pro. I can't wait to get a new Spektrum RX for my 450 right now either. Because after flying on a DX8 i can't STAND the sticks on my 2801-pro. DSMX is rock solid too. I wouldn't trust DSM2 with anything. Not even a foamie or nano cp. The 2801-pro RX has been working good with my BeastX on the V450. But to be honest. No matter how tight i put the tension on the 2801. It's a sloppy noodle compared to my DX8 sticks. Makes the heli harder to control and keep steady. The TX switches flip nicer too. Even the DX6 feels better. Though, at the LHS, even the DX6 and DX7 sticks didn't feel as nice as the DX8 or DX18. I have a brand new 2801 and my old 10 month old, VERY used 2801. Both feel about the same. The newer one feels a little better. But, I can't get any tension on the sticks. The gimbals suck and that is all there is too it.

Some people have said the newer Devo TX's have a nicer feeling stick. But i'm done gambling with Walkera and loosing. From now on i'll go with the industry standards. The ones i can pick up and try at the LHS.... You know, the brands that gyro manufacturers put in their manuals. I've never seen Walkera in a Gyro manual and most people ask if a WK RX would even work with most gyros. I wonder why gyro manufacturers only put Futaba and Spektrum installation details in their manuals? (thats meant to be a rhetorical question)

Oh yeah. One more important caveat... I live in the USA. Horizon replaces, warranties and fixes defective products within a week or two if you live here. Walkera now has a web forum where you can go to complain. I'm not holding my breath for the level of service, free replacements and things that i have seen from Horizon.

Get this. Horizon told me I broke the device and it is NOT WARRANTIED!!! But they replaced it anyway! THEM, directly. Not some ass hat distributor that doesn't feel like dealing with it.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post23522919
You know I was joking.
I'm liking my new dx7s. I think the quaity of my old dx7 (jr) might be better but the feel of the new one is better. I think the sticks are spaced better for my big hands.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:31 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,267 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions kdean

I just tested it again and the wag is gone! It's a mystery fix though, so i won't be surprised if it comes back...

Last night after taking the tail servo apart and then putting it back together, it was too late to test fly it (apartment life.. gotta worry about the darn neighbors), so I just test hovered it in the living room and the wag was gone. I was going to work on it some more today, and try some of your suggestions, but i wanted to test it out again first to make sure i didn't screw up the servo after taking it apart. I guess i didn't screw it up, but i have no idea why that would have fixed anything. Maybe there was something stuck in the gears though or something like that, no idea...

I need to take it out to the field and test it though, cause i really am doubting the wag will stay gone. I'll see i suppose. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Now it's time to put the super v400 back on the bench. One of the servo cases is busted. Has anybody found replacement fusonic servo cases yet? or do i just need a whole new servo..
It's usually some loose "play" or "slop" some where that causes that. It could be as simple as a loose linkage on a linkage ball for your push rod, Something stupid, like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
You know I was joking.
I'm liking my new dx7s. I think the quaity of my old dx7 (jr) might be better but the feel of the new one is better. I think the sticks are spaced better for my big hands.
Ahh, sarcasm eludes text measages

Yeah the DX8 has a bigger grip on the back too. It just feels good in my big hands as well.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:44 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,324 Posts
the future has arrived ! lol

erin and ladybird jan 16 2013 1 (1 min 22 sec)
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:00 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
the future has arrived ! lol

http://youtu.be/C2VUM1ZPU_I
Awesome! She's pretty good. Let me guess, the squares on the floor are "landing pads" that you taped on there
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:29 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,267 Posts
Quote:
Awesome! She's pretty good. Let me guess, the squares on the floor are "landing pads" that you taped on there
It's funny how many people comment of those squares.... The squares got more attention than the quad!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:43 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
It's funny how many people comment of those squares.... The squares got more attention than the quad!
haha, well it seems like something i would do, tape squares on the ground and say, "ok, now try to take off from here and land there"

Tho if it makes you feel better, the quad is pretty cool too
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:18 AM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,324 Posts
Haha, some said why not pink squares , so i told her and she said she like them blue lol. We took it outside for her 2nd outdoor flight, she did perfect, i will fly with her next time ! Yehaw, i need more lady batteries lol,
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member