Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:59 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,604 Posts
Martin,

i'm getting the 112t slant mod1 700 main gear for my 600cf. I already have the new 600pro hub, are there any other things i will need or need to look out for when installing it?
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:09 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,604 Posts
The drama continues with my 450 tail. After an inspection and a little tightening, it looks like i got the amount of play down to about 2mm at the tail blades. Not sure if the hub is coming unscrewed in flight, or maybe the bearings shifted further into the hub, but i'll take it out tomorrow (today) and see what happens. The 450pro has become alot of fun to fly now sporting the beastX and a reciever that has not locked me out every 5 flights or so.

I've been putting off the removal of a 5055 off of navigators v400 cause i'm still enjoying looking at his neat installations. The 450 is takeing up the slack so well, except for the tail slider drama, i'm not really missing flying the superV right now.

Im gunna take the 500cmt out and fly as many packs as i can through it. Still up in the air if i want to sell it or not. If someone comes with the money before i crash it, they will get it. But if i crash it and start upgrading, its staying in my fleet.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:56 AM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
266 Posts
I am getting one of those Ladybirds and the majic cube for my 2801 pro. Has any one here used the cube yet?
mdeutschman is offline Find More Posts by mdeutschman
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:37 AM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Martin,

i'm getting the 112t slant mod1 700 main gear for my 600cf. I already have the new 600pro hub, are there any other things i will need or need to look out for when installing it?
Is this the 700 main gear you were referring to?

http://www.aligntrexstore.com/CNC-Sl...XX_p_2215.html
ChopperJack is online now Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:35 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeutschman View Post
I am getting one of those Ladybirds and the majic cube for my 2801 pro. Has any one here used the cube yet?
Just make sure if you already ordered it, you go ahead and update your firmware before you use it..... So you might as well go ahead and order the updater and separate patch cord too. Just in case they never updated the FW on the new ones, or you end up with a initial release version which didn't get a FW update. I for one have no faith in Walkera, that they would have even tried to update the firmware at the factory. If i were to guess, they would just leave it "as is" and expect everyone to "need" to upgrade, as stated on their web site. To which almost no one selling these things seems to reference the FW glitch ever. I almost bought, and still want to buy one. But not for nearly $60 and not just so i can crash. My Walkera helicopters have enough trouble failing electronically in the air on their own without adding insult to injury.

The cube had some drama after release with firmware being bugged and crashing models because of it. Walkera released a notice on their web site that read something like this:

"OOPS we screwed up and released a beta test product for our customers to give us free feedback on. Turns out the firmware was not tested enough and some channels will randomly be reversed causing you to crash!! PLEASE go spend another $30 on a updater and patch cord for the updater and up date the firmware for the device to work properly.. AND NO, We will not send you a free updater for the inconvenience of crashing your heli. Have a nice day!"

In reality, it would be nice if Walkera gave half as much detail as i just did... The truth is they claim in their notice, on their web site that this FIRMWARE!!! update, which is software. Not hardware. They claim this firmware update "Improved a loose connection caused by Channels mixed up isssue." Yes even with the extra S in issue included, lol. Anyway. Get a WLtoys beetle, IMO..... True story.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Dec 29, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:00 PM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Just make sure if you already ordered it, you go ahead and update your firmware before you use it..... So you might as well go ahead and order the updater and separate patch cord too. Just in case they never updated the FW on the new ones, or you end up with a initial release version which didn't get a FW update. I for one have no faith in Walkera, that they would have even tried to update the firmware at the factory. If i were to guess, they would just leave it "as is" and expect everyone to "need" to upgrade, as stated on their web site. To which almost no one selling these things seems to reference the FW glitch ever. I almost bought, and still want to buy one. But not for nearly $60 and not just so i can crash. My Walkera helicopters have enough trouble failing electronically in the air on their own without adding insult to injury.

The cube had some drama after release with firmware being bugged and crashing models because of it. Walkera released a notice on their web site that read something like this:

"OOPS we screwed up and released a beta test product for our customers to give us free feedback on. Turns out the firmware was not tested enough and some channels will randomly be reversed causing you to crash!! PLEASE go spend another $30 on a updater and patch cord for the updater and up date the firmware for the device to work properly.. AND NO, We will not send you a free updater for the inconvenience of crashing your heli. Have a nice day!"

In reality, it would be nice if Walkera gave half as much detail as i just did... The truth is they claim in their notice, on their web site that this FIRMWARE!!! update, which is software. Not hardware. They claim this firmware update "Improved a loose connection caused by Channels mixed up isssue." Yes even with the extra S in issue included, lol. Anyway. Get a WLtoys beetle, IMO..... True story.
]How and where do you get these?

This is the one i bought. Not sure if its one of the new ones.
http://www.wowhobbies.com/wkr-mtc-01...ansmitter.aspx

My brother bought the Ladybird and brought it over. I flew a couple of battery packs through it and loved it. It was alot of fun so i ordered one and it will be here Wednesday.
mdeutschman is offline Find More Posts by mdeutschman
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:37 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperJack View Post
Is this the 700 main gear you were referring to?

http://www.aligntrexstore.com/CNC-Sl...XX_p_2215.html
I guess so, i did not know they came in 'black' though. I got the white one that included the 12t pinion. Got it from readyheli.com
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:59 PM
Moving Parts
Joined May 2011
1,318 Posts
Quote:
I guess so, i did not know they came in 'black' though. I got the white one that included the 12t pinion. Got it from readyheli.com
But it doesn't include the pinion like yours did. I think I would rather have lighter color. My HK600 has a gray colored slant main gear which seems to work ok for what little I do right now. Eventually, I'm going to put the five blade head back on. Do you think this 700 gear would be better for the five blade head?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:05 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeutschman View Post
]How and where do you get these?

This is the one i bought. Not sure if its one of the new ones.
http://www.wowhobbies.com/wkr-mtc-01...ansmitter.aspx

My brother bought the Ladybird and brought it over. I flew a couple of battery packs through it and loved it. It was alot of fun so i ordered one and it will be here Wednesday.
There is no way i know of to tell if it's been updated to the new firmware or not. In that link, it looks like the price may have been reduced from when i first went to order one. The updater is called the UP02 here is wow's links. I don't know for sure, but i think you need the adapter too. It will run you around another $20 plus shipping.

Zadaw uses one and he may know more about if the new ones being sold are updated already or not. I think he returned his first one with the issue and got another later. Or something.

UP02:
http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkera_up02_upgradetool.aspx

Multi adapter for RX and other devices:
http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkera_up02_adapter.aspx
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:30 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperJack View Post
But it doesn't include the pinion like yours did. I think I would rather have lighter color. My HK600 has a gray colored slant main gear which seems to work ok for what little I do right now. Eventually, I'm going to put the five blade head back on. Do you think this 700 gear would be better for the five blade head?
here is the one i ordered

http://www.readyheli.com/H70021B-CNC...B_p_39357.html

the reason i'm changeing over is because i'm going 12s with a 560kv motor. And i'm doing 3D type flying, so its more likely that i can strip mod.7 gears on hard pitch pumping moves. It also has a lower t count that will get me the higher head speed.

This might not be needed for a scale project, even with the 5 blade head. You could get away with a lower head speed, and smoother scale flying would not stress the main gears.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:03 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,604 Posts
Quote:
here is the one i ordered

http://www.readyheli.com/H70021B-CNC...B_p_39357.html

the reason i'm changeing over is because i'm going 12s with a 560kv motor. And i'm doing 3D type flying, so its more likely that i can strip mod.7 gears on hard pitch pumping moves. It also has a lower t count that will get me the higher head speed.

This might not be needed for a scale project, even with the 5 blade head. You could get away with a lower head speed, and smoother scale flying would not stress the main gears.

Healical gears run smoother and quieter than standard gears. Thats a good reason to use them on scale models, IMO. I don't know about for the stuff you guys are talking about, the 600E or whatever. But Alzrc makes a SUPER cheap helical gear for my X5. Normally $32 each from Gaui, they are only $7 or something from Alzrc. Maybe the same stands true with your heli's since they are align type 600s? I have not been following the whole conversation. But i thought this info might help. Because $25 for one gear and a pinion seems pretty costly? I suppose the helical pinions are not so cheap either though.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:27 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,604 Posts
I think jack is running the 188t mod .7 slant gears, and has a trex 600cf that he was going to put in a MD500. I was going to put mine in a Bell222 but decided to do 3D instead. I think the main gear by itself is $18, but that is still alot for one gear. But with the mod 1 size, you might not strip it out if you get to the throttle hold in time.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:43 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,604 Posts
Quote:
I think jack is running the 188t mod .7 slant gears, and has a trex 600cf that he was going to put in a MD500. I was going to put mine in a Bell222 but decided to do 3D instead. I think the main gear by itself is $18, but that is still alot for one gear. But with the mod 1 size, you might not strip it out if you get to the throttle hold in time.
Makes sense. Lately on my 450, the OWB breaks loose inside the hub in a crash and the main gear does not strip (standard align gear). I think it's because i used a little bit of grease when i pressed it in. Either way. It's been nice in the last few crashes not having to replace that. But i do have to repress the OWB each time, as t slips down some. This also makes the main gear rub on the CF frame. Which i think might have helped lower RPMs and might have even negated some of the other rotor damages, to some degree. Though sometimes i worry the OWB will let loose in flight if i just keep repressing it. But if i can't force turn the bearing with my hands. I think it's okay. Still a little worried.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:54 AM
Moving Parts
Joined May 2011
1,318 Posts
Quote:
Do you know what sized motor shaft this pinion will fit on?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:01 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,604 Posts
Im guessing at 6mm