Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:23 AM
Frogfish
Malaysia, Melaka
Joined Mar 2012
35 Posts
[
Quote:
Originally Posted by fzrpaul View Post
So I picked up a Master CP a month ago, and yes a DEVO 7...I've gone through 2 servos with no support from Walkera. Today my main motor stopped but my tail motor is working. Tried a different battery, same. Tried a new motor...nope. Tried a new ESC...still nothing. Tried the DEVO 7 on another Walkera heli...works fine. Well, would it be safe to say that the receiver/gyro is bad?
Just have to say Walkera products are lame, but their support is even worse. I enjoy the Master CP alot but it breaks my heart and pocket...
Hi Paul,
I think you well resume the all thing in few lines... Welcome to the club...
Madog71 is offline Find More Posts by Madog71
Last edited by Madog71; Dec 12, 2012 at 02:46 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:54 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madog71 View Post
You should give a try to this F03407 (BeastX clone): http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...700702607.html you wont be desapointed + price is sweet...

PS: My advice: Avoid free shipping option with lousy China post unless you ready to wait for 90 days (new aliexpress policy)
LoL. if China Post is out of the question. The other shipping options range from $22-$38. For me, I'd pay an extra $150 to get a BeastX in 2-3 days instead of two weeks to three months. But i'm impatient. This one, It probably works fine as a gyro. But that web site is just not practical in any sense, far as I'm concerned. 90 day hold is really worthless. International wouldn't even be so bad. But 90 days is too long.The 3GY, Robird, Blackwidow gyros are available in the US for about the same cost or not too much more. I would think just because of their PC link and vibration analysis feature alone, they are worth a few dollars more. All of them cost under $100. I looked for this 3GX unit a few other places when you recommended it to me. I would actually have one by now if they were available anywhere i can find. It's just not readily available anywhere. Even google searches show more results for people talking about them, then selling them.

PS, i found a few places on ebay shipping them out of china as well. Using E-packet. Whatever that is. I suspect china post? But it probably doesn't have a 90 day waiting period.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Dec 12, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:41 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
LoL. if China Post is out of the question. The other shipping options range from $22-$38. For me, I'd pay an extra $150 to get a BeastX in 2-3 days instead of two weeks to three months. But i'm impatient. This one, It probably works fine as a gyro. But that web site is just not practical in any sense, far as I'm concerned. 90 day hold is really worthless. International wouldn't even be so bad. But 90 days is too long.The 3GY, Robird, Blackwidow gyros are available in the US for about the same cost or not too much more. I would think just because of their PC link and vibration analysis feature alone, they are worth a few dollars more. All of them cost under $100. I looked for this 3GX unit a few other places when you recommended it to me. I would actually have one by now if they were available anywhere i can find. It's just not readily available anywhere. Even google searches show more results for people talking about them, then selling them.

PS, i found a few places on ebay shipping them out of china as well. Using E-packet. Whatever that is. I suspect china post? But it probably doesn't have a 90 day waiting period.
This is just me because of my really bad experiences, but I would not buy anything from any Chinese vendor this time of year or really now till maybe mid-February unless I could get it shipped via FedEx home delivery at $20 or less.
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:57 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
These guys were flying near where i fly my helis. I can tell that it won't be long before i build one. Theirs don't have rudder controls, just 2 flaps in the back. Works pretty good. Nice and simple and they SCREAM. lol. Real cheap. They build them out of construction foam sheets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4CW-U_dv_o&feature=plcp
That's cool, looks like fun
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:27 AM
Frogfish
Malaysia, Melaka
Joined Mar 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
LoL. if China Post is out of the question. The other shipping options range from $22-$38. For me, I'd pay an extra $150 to get a BeastX in 2-3 days instead of two weeks to three months. ....................
Hi Integrity,
If you choice courrier service (TNT,FedEx,DHL...) you should get it in less than a week, logistic between USA and China is strong & efficient but at this Christmas period may have to expect some delay. For 77US$ still worth.
Sorry for being out of topics...
Madog71 is offline Find More Posts by Madog71
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:16 AM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madog71 View Post
Hi Integrity,
If you choice courrier service (TNT,FedEx,DHL...) you should get it in less than a week, logistic between USA and China is strong & efficient but at this Christmas period may have to expect some delay. For 77US$ still worth.
Sorry for being out of topics...
What you want to avoid is some sort of "post" that must take a trip through customs.
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:23 AM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
276 Posts
I ordered a moter and ESC from China E-packet. It was shipped out on 11-8-12
Still waiting for it. Maybe next month?
mdeutschman is offline Find More Posts by mdeutschman
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:07 AM
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Oct 2012
8 Posts
Can anyone help me ? I'm a newbie to the forum, I need help with the setting up of my 2702v on a hk 450 pro FBL frame using align cyclic and walkera tail servo. With 2801 pro tx. I have all the cyclical acting right and the gyro reacts to movements correctly but my tail servo which Is brand new from wow hobbies is moving very slowly back and fourth, I ran thru the setup provided by wow when I purchased the rx but can't figure out the problem, I also haven't any directions on setting pots. Plz advise..
wrathe73 is offline Find More Posts by wrathe73
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:29 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathe73 View Post
Can anyone help me ? I'm a newbie to the forum, I need help with the setting up of my 2702v on a hk 450 pro FBL frame using align cyclic and walkera tail servo. With 2801 pro tx. I have all the cyclical acting right and the gyro reacts to movements correctly but my tail servo which Is brand new from wow hobbies is moving very slowly back and fourth, I ran thru the setup provided by wow when I purchased the rx but can't figure out the problem, I also haven't any directions on setting pots. Plz advise..
Try turning the tail delay pot all the way down. That is how it should be. The other pots can be at 12:00 position. The side with the two dots point up. Up being if your reading the label the correct way. Hope that helps some. There are pictures, i just don't have the time to find them ATM.

For rudder end point.

1. Make sure the switch is positioned for tail setup.
2. Press the setup button to enter setup mode. Now the gyro is off and you have full range control of the rudder. Does it still move very slowly right here? If it does you have something wrong.
3. make sure your mechanics are setup properly.
4. Press the button to indicate "neutral" position.
5. Now press to the left and let the slider move all the way left. Then back it off so it's not binding and press the button to indicate the left limit.
6. Repeat #5 but go to the right this time.

At the end the rudder will jump back and forth a few times to indicate you completed the setup. Now your rudder should function properly, i hope. I had nothing but bad luck with Walkera tail servos. I have not had a issue since getting a Savox servo. Align is the same thing. I know they are expensive. But i haven't had to repair or replace mine in months. Though hopefully doing the setup will get you working for now.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:51 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,757 Posts
I thought I would post this link here as it pertains to issues many of us have had with defective products and lack of support. I don't own one of these helis, but do know several people who bought them that have issues. This is the response from one of the vendors of this product.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=141

I recently ran in the same type of problems. I purchased a Devo8s from a very reputable dealer in HK, or so I thought, who brushed me off to Walkera when it developed problems. After spending several thousand dollars with this vendor, I decided to look else where. I since have had issues with 2 products from 2 other dealers. One of the dealers just sent me a replacement charger and did not even require the old one to be returned. The other dealer asked me to return a brushless motor conversion for a minicp to them so they could forward to Walkera for warranty repairs.
It appears as Zadaw stated many times, Walkera does handle warranty through their dealer network. It appears the biggest problem is with the dealers themselves.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:26 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathe73 View Post
When you setup the 2702 on the tail disconnect the link to the tail servo. Do a first setup with small limits on the tail servo, maybe only 10 degrees each way.
Then connect the link, and redo the tail servo limit setting.

If you try to set it up initially with the links connected the gyro will try to hold the servo at one of it's max limits, and it will draw a lot of current heating up the servo, and possibly burning it out.

The servo should move normally in reponse to the rudder joystick. If it doesn't the servo may be damaged.
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:25 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I thought I would post this link here as it pertains to issues many of us have had with defective products and lack of support. I don't own one of these helis, but do know several people who bought them that have issues. This is the response from one of the vendors of this product.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=141

I recently ran in the same type of problems. I purchased a Devo8s from a very reputable dealer in HK, or so I thought, who brushed me off to Walkera when it developed problems. After spending several thousand dollars with this vendor, I decided to look else where. I since have had issues with 2 products from 2 other dealers. One of the dealers just sent me a replacement charger and did not even require the old one to be returned. The other dealer asked me to return a brushless motor conversion for a minicp to them so they could forward to Walkera for warranty repairs.
It appears as Zadaw stated many times, Walkera does handle warranty through their dealer network. It appears the biggest problem is with the dealers themselves.
Yeah, it seems like the distributor should handle it anyway. If they want return business. But i wouldn't doubt if Walkera gives them a huge hassle too. They probably have to eat the shipping costs too. Most of the time it probably just becomes habit to say they can't do anything. Even if they can. Just because, obviously, they can get away with it. There isn't much benefit for them doing all that extra work, not as long as people keep buying this stuff anyway, right? One customer is easily replaced by the next. I wouldn't doubt if they had it worked out to a near exact dollar amount that they can extract from a typical customer before said customer gives up on Walkera

Anyway, everyone knows Walkera makes me angry... My experience with Horizon products on the other hand has been BEYOND night and day from my experience with Walkera. Not only does the LHS strive to discount stuff for me all the time, just so i keep coming back instead of shopping online. They have also replaced a few things and given me a few free things just for shopping with them. Just small things, like throwing in a small item when i buy more expensive things at the same time. But if you install a device or crash a heli or something like that. Their hands are tied too and you have to deal with Horizon directly. HOWEVER!! They directly tell you who to contact and how it will likely play out. They even offered to help contact Horizon for me if i had problems. Horizon replaced a $60 telemetry unit for me even though I shorted it out during installation. I'm positive now, especially after their letter. That I hooked it up wrong and it was likely all my fault. Though i blame soft and very frail battery sensor wires for the short. Anyway. They must have figured i dropped $450 on a DX8 and the RX and TM unit. So they just replaced it anyway, even though it was NOT covered by warranty and they specifically blamed me, basically. But they did replace it, very quickly. Honestly, It took me longer to get around to shipping it over to them then it took for shipping to there, then for them to examine the item and send me a replacement. All in all it was about two weeks wait from the day i sent it.

Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:23 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,757 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, it seems like the distributor should handle it anyway. If they want return business. But i wouldn't doubt if Walkera gives them a huge hassle too. They probably have to eat the shipping costs too. Most of the time it probably just becomes habit to say they can't do anything. Even if they can. Just because, obviously, they can get away with it. There isn't much benefit for them doing all that extra work, not as long as people keep buying this stuff anyway, right? One customer is easily replaced by the next. I wouldn't doubt if they had it worked out to a near exact dollar amount that they can extract from a typical customer before said customer gives up on Walkera
I guess in the end,the dealer needs to make a decision that wil retain customers.
The dealer in question on my Devo8s issue would have automatically got the sale on my Devo12s if they had handled the situation. After the brush off, I immediately purchased it from another vendor. They lost a 400.00 sale right there. They have also lost all my align business which amounts to maintaining 3 helis at present. My next purchase is probably going to be a 700 size, probably align which they will not see either.
As Heli flying is an addiction, most of us buy more models and Ned more repairs, so repeat business is probably bigger than one purchase. They just need to realize how much they have to lose.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:14 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,171 Posts
What I understand is that there is almost some sort of deal between the manufacturer and distributor / vendor concerning warranty issues. The deal could take several forms.

1. The manufacturer ships extra units for free to the distributor e.g. 1050 units for a 1000 unit order. The distributor handles all the warranty issues.

2. The manufacturer does not require the distributor or vendor to ship the item back to them. They authorize the vendor to give a replacement immediately.

3. The manufacturer requires the distributor / vendor to ship the item back to them.

No, 1 and 2 are common for large distributors and vendors. Whereas 3 is normal for small vendors who make a direct order from the factory. Sometimes, there is a mix between 2 and 3. Obviously, we are looking at scenario no, 3 here for Walkera. ,
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:58 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
What I understand is that there is almost some sort of deal between the manufacturer and distributor / vendor concerning warranty issues. The deal could take several forms.

1. The manufacturer ships extra units for free to the distributor e.g. 1050 units for a 1000 unit order. The distributor handles all the warranty issues.

2. The manufacturer does not require the distributor or vendor to ship the item back to them. They authorize the vendor to give a replacement immediately.

3. The manufacturer requires the distributor / vendor to ship the item back to them.

No, 1 and 2 are common for large distributors and vendors. Whereas 3 is normal for small vendors who make a direct order from the factory. Sometimes, there is a mix between 2 and 3. Obviously, we are looking at scenario no, 3 here for Walkera. ,
Yeah, and if we are lucky. The distributor will do what they can. Here in the US, wow is about the best one as far as stocking and support. It looks like a few other places do pretty good too. I'm looking at a few new places i'm going to try out. But honestly. It's all mostly over shipping prices, glitches or what ever. Wow is also out of stock on a lot of things for long periods of time lately. It makes it seem like parts are getting harder and harder to get as Walkera over extends their production into new models. At least they are not as bad as they once were with new models.