SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:00 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
The irony is that the Devo 12 was out first. But it's not as popular because of cost. It's a shame they don't have the firmware for it though.

BTW, have you been using your magic cube? Is that issue sorted yet?
I have returned the old Magic Cube for a new one and updated the firmware. The servos would suddenly go soft and become unresponsive. I suspect what the firmware does is to shut down the heli / quad once a problem with bad connection. I have also used it on two different 2801 pro transmitters with the same result. I am using the same transmitters for Phoenix without any problems.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Nov 09, 2012 at 09:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:37 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Congrats on getting the Devo 12S. I think this is the only great radio in Walkera's range. It was the first Devo radio to become available and was sold as a standalone radio for some time before Devo compatible helis were available. I doubt you will ever want to go back to using a conventional radio with push buttons. I have now had more than 1000 flights with it without any problems. I have not used it on models larger than the Master CP yet. The only minus is that the Deviation firmware is not available for it yet.
My Devo8s spoiled my on the push buttons. The touch screen is so fast to program a new Heli that it is hard to go Back to buttons.
After if fix whatever is causing my Devo 8 to lose the screen, I am going to change it to the deviation firmware. As I now have a Devo 7, 8s, and a 12s, I think I am going to write an upward conversion between the 3 transmitters to convert models from one to the other. Thanks to FDR, I have the basic model information on the Devo 8s. Winter project.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:26 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,716 Posts
Thanks to martin (and wow hobbies), my 400 and 450 will be back in action very soon. I picked up my packages the other day, and got the canopy pins for the v400, and the beastx unit (along with some nice fins) from martin. Thanks you much, they match the canopy and the beastX. I also got a dfc head which im going to give a try. It really lowers the main blades, the bolt on the grips is almost touching the top of the anti-rotation bracket.

I'll take the 400 with me tomorrow, i just have to re-tape some of the electronics. The 450 should be setup and flight tested before next sunday. The club is hosting a fun fly, and all my birds will, (should), be flyable...
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:57 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,716 Posts
The SuperV400 is back in service, and will be flying today (windy as it is). The 450pro is back on the waiting list.

I spent about a half hour trying to get the rx to bind with a set id. Then i remembered something i read awhile ago, the 2801E rx does not do 'set id'. Bummer. But i have two 2801 pro rx's coming in a couple weeks, so it will be on hold until then.

Oh well, i'm takeing the 500 and the V400 out today, with 6 packs for the 500 and 4 for the 400. I doubt i'll be able to fly them all because we have a club meeting today as well, but i'll try. I'm giveing the 600 a break until the fun fly next week.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:46 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,324 Posts
Yeah, winds over 20 mph at times probably close to 30 here today. I had to go home for a bit due to a blown out rocker arm bracket, which was fatigued from my last crash. I'm about to go back out and try again. But i figured i'd post these two videos here which i think show the difference between the 2702V and BeastX. Keeping in mind both are being flown by the same pilot (me) who is still learning 3D. But the difference between the gyros is huge. Especially in piros and tick tocks. It won't hold up the same and will require more correction from you with the 2702V. Which might be a good way to learn actually. In the case of piros. I don't know that a person can compensate for piros as fast as they spin? I don't know. Maybe it's as simple as a slight aileron command to correct it. But the beastX has piro comp. which, when setup correctly, will keep the heli nice and stable even in FFF while doing piros. This was the first video with my X5 that i tried to piro.

V450D01 - Sudden gyro dive or voltage drain (3 min 43 sec)

Gaui X5 - 3D Flight #14 - Tick Tocks and Piros - 11-10-12 (7 min 4 sec)

The crash on the 450 was likely from a brown out. But i'm still not sure. Either way it just darted into the ground.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:15 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
That looked like a hard crash Integrity - Looked like it literally nose dived full throttle! Feel for you, not looking forward to my 450 going down, I know it will at some point probably due to me dumb thumbing it. For the price difference, the Beast X should be a lot better with it costing a lot more, like you said on the video, least it was on your 450 not the X5 mate!
RotaryC is offline Find More Posts by RotaryC
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:22 PM
Joined Sep 2010
484 Posts
Kdean, that was finally fast shipping, I have expected more time before you get it... and thanks for the positive rating.

The bx is not reset to factory setting, but you can work from this with no problem, I installed this unit on all the heli I had for comparison test against other unit, and I always worked from the previous set-up.

Integrity, nice flight, you can see even on video the difference in flight, the 2702 is just wobbling all over the place when you try to do tic toc, no piro comp, etc.... and you don't tried much high speed pass, or backward fast manoeuver

I guarantee you that with a BX on your 450, this will become as stable, smooth and reactive as your 550 to fly, and probably no more crash.

If that WK 2702 was sold for 15$ to 25$, I would have never said a word on it, but at 120$ (and I got caugh myself with two of it) I think he deserves a comparison.

As it come included in RTF heli kit, this make for a nice and overall stable heli to learn hovering in all orientation, don't do piro of course.

At least, Walkera are genuine company and not a cloner.
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:19 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
Kdean, that was finally fast shipping, I have expected more time before you get it... and thanks for the positive rating.

The bx is not reset to factory setting, but you can work from this with no problem, I installed this unit on all the heli I had for comparison test against other unit, and I always worked from the previous set-up.

Integrity, nice flight, you can see even on video the difference in flight, the 2702 is just wobbling all over the place when you try to do tic toc, no piro comp, etc.... and you don't tried much high speed pass, or backward fast manoeuver

I guarantee you that with a BX on your 450, this will become as stable, smooth and reactive as your 550 to fly, and probably no more crash.

If that WK 2702 was sold for 15$ to 25$, I would have never said a word on it, but at 120$ (and I got caugh myself with two of it) I think he deserves a comparison.

As it come included in RTF heli kit, this make for a nice and overall stable heli to learn hovering in all orientation, don't do piro of course.

At least, Walkera are genuine company and not a cloner.
Yeah, i can't wait until i can afford a BeastX for the 450. They are too expensive for me for a while to come yet. Still recovering from the X5 purchase. I've been thinking about trying to trade or sell my V120D05 custom to get either a AR7200BX or a microbeast. Or something like that. Something usually comes along one way or the other.

V450D01 - Last good flight before swash failure - 11-11-12 (5 min 14 sec)

V450D01 - Swash pitch ball failure (0 min 21 sec)
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:55 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Yeah, i can't wait until i can afford a BeastX for the 450. They are too expensive for me for a while to come yet. Still recovering from the X5 purchase. I've been thinking about trying to trade or sell my V120D05 custom to get either a AR7200BX or a microbeast. Or something like that. Something usually comes along one way or the other.

http://youtu.be/5zLzxyI4fak

http://youtu.be/PYjFTP17R9M
Ouch

Looks like you (unfortunately) have a few more vids to add to the crash thread

I finally got my helicopters and the rest of my household stuff in from the USA So after a bit of organizing and repairing the helis that i packed after i busted them, i'll break out the go pro and get some more videos. I'm sure it won't be long before i have more videos to add to the crash thread, especially with my rusty thumbs.......
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:01 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
I finally got my helicopters and the rest of my household stuff in from the USA
Dilberto, that's good to hear!!! Good to hear from you again, as well.
navigator2011 is online now Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:09 PM
The Bahamas
Joined Nov 2012
6 Posts
this thread should be renamed to 'walk-era is beyond me'. i thank all the people who told me to stay well clear of walkrea. i ended up buying a trex 450 rather than a v400do2 that i first asked about. the ones shown above look like dirt with messy horrible wiring. thanks peeps.
harryseed is offline Find More Posts by harryseed
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:13 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,716 Posts
Actualy that 'dirt' you are speaking of (if you are reffering to my pic), is a trex 450 pro, with a not yet installed beastX. Thats why the wires are all hanging out. And the heli behind that is a moddified V400D02 that after 100 flights suffered from its first crash (i only had to replace the main gear and the canopy posts). I wish you luck on your next project. It looks like you live in my area, so when you need parts or upgrades, you can come find me.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:22 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Dilberto, that's good to hear!!! Good to hear from you again, as well.
Thanks I'm looking forward to eventually getting full swing back into this hobby, it's been too long and i'm going through serious withdrawals...... That minicp with my one working battery i have left just ain't cutting it!

I don't care if it gets dark early and is below freezing half the time, i'm gonna fly my helicopters!!

Speaking of which, is there a consensus of the best lights for night flying? Now might be a good time to invest in some. I did see some blades somewhere online that had lights built into them which looked pretty neat.
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:28 PM
The Bahamas
Joined Nov 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Actualy that 'dirt' you are speaking of (if you are reffering to my pic), is a trex 450 pro, with a not yet installed beastX. Thats why the wires are all hanging out. And the heli behind that is a moddified V400D02 that after 100 flights suffered from its first crash (i only had to replace the main gear and the canopy posts). I wish you luck on your next project. It looks like you live in my area, so when you need parts or upgrades, you can come find me.
harryseed is offline Find More Posts by harryseed
Last edited by harryseed; Sep 26, 2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:34 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,018 Posts
It is difficult to understand where all this hostility is coming from . . . it's just an RC heli choice, after all. From the beginning, Kdean has been nothing but super nice and offering his insights and experience to anyone that asks. I can understand some of the frustration with Walkera products, but why attack someone for having a Walkera with some loosing wiring?
navigator2011 is online now Find More Posts by navigator2011