SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Fish99, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:38 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,684 Posts
Discussion
New UMX Plane - Eflite SBach 3D!

Just today I stopped by the LHS and picked up this new plane on the way home. Weather was TERRIBLE, overcast, -3 C, trying to snow, quite windy, 15 - 30 km/hr, gusts, and turbulant on the street. Had to maiden it anyway.

The AS3X is SUPER effective, was actually FUN to fly, not terrifying, despite the fact that at 1/2 throttle is was actually going BACKWARDS at times! Managed to even do a vertical landing due to the heavy winds.

Can't wait to fly it in the calm and try some 3D flying.

Marlin

Maiden Flight - Eflite UMX SBach 3D (4 min 14 sec)
Fish99 is online now Find More Posts by Fish99
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:28 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,651 Posts
You are a much braver man than me! I would never fly one of my planes even in calm conditions around all of those nice cars. Your neighbors must think you are great at flying or give you dirty looks
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:36 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
You are a much braver man than me! I would never fly one of my planes even in calm conditions around all of those nice cars. Your neighbors must think you are great at flying or give you dirty looks
LOL, the little tiny micros are SOOO light they present zero risk of harm to anything but themselves. That said, I know all my neighbors quite well and all of them have at one time or another seen the planes up close and handled them, so they know they are a couple grams of foam. They all just laugh and usually watch for a few minutes while I fly. If the kids are out with them it makes for more of a crowd as the little ones like to watch the planes. Parents are usually the ones stopping and showing the planes to them.

Windy conditions get pretty tricky on the street though, very unpredictable, so makes it tough to fly. I always try to keep it down the middle with UP HIGH passes over the houses and most turns over the street or grass. (Unless I am snaking along way down low with the Beast doing Harriers, then the plane just crawls along. My one neighbor just bugs me about how he knows planes and they aren't supposed to fly like that! LOL.)

Take care,

Marlin
Fish99 is online now Find More Posts by Fish99