HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Fish99, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:28 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,696 Posts
Discussion
First of a couple new Additions to the Fleet - UMX Mig 15 DF Micro Jet

It's been a few months but this summer was a good one for me in terms of new planes. Here is a video of the maiden of my new Eflite UMX Mig 15 DF micro jet. This is my FIRST DF plane. VERY fun, very stable in the wind due to the built in AS3X technology. Remarkable little plane.

Marlin

Eflite UMX Mig 15 - Maiden Flight (5 min 12 sec)
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2013, 09:12 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1,436 Posts
Marlin- man you should get a deal with H.H. REVIEWING THIER STUFF! Your vids are quality man! The mig15 is on sale at the LHS for $99.99-hmmm man are they ever sweet-geez so many planes-what to do? Later bud-kev
kevin whitesell is offline Find More Posts by kevin whitesell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: kev's new fms fw-190
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:04 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin whitesell View Post
Marlin- man you should get a deal with H.H. REVIEWING THIER STUFF! Your vids are quality man! The mig15 is on sale at the LHS for $99.99-hmmm man are they ever sweet-geez so many planes-what to do? Later bud-kev
Thanks Kev! I do these mostly just for myself and to archive and document my skill development, etc. I have actually somehow gotten over 100 subscribers to my YouTube channel and that just makes me chuckle, as I have no grand commercial venture ideas out of this, just trying to have fun, socialize with like minded hobby enthusiests and keep track of my models and skills. Kinda fun going back and seeing how far I have come in just a couple years in the hobby. Not bad for an old guy from Edmonton, lol.

Talk to you later,

Marlin
Old Jul 30, 2013, 05:04 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,436 Posts
Here's a good one for you!

Marlin-here's a good one for you on Saturday evening my flying buddy les and I were flying behind the local school,there was a fellow there with his wife and two younger boys.They were all very much entertained with our flying and were even recording it on an I-pad.Well when we were done they all came over and asked all the standard questions-but one of the last ones the father asked was the kicker-he asked do you guys put on aerobatic flight demonstrations?!!!! Wow and we suck-I mean we can land and take-off and do all the basics-loops,rolls,invert,immanual turns,etc but'nothing special-it put a smile on my face-I should have said yeah we do and we do kid's parties for $100 a piece(LOL)-later bud-kevin
kevin whitesell is offline Find More Posts by kevin whitesell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: kev's new fms fw-190
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:13 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin whitesell View Post
Marlin-here's a good one for you on Saturday evening my flying buddy les and I were flying behind the local school,there was a fellow there with his wife and two younger boys.They were all very much entertained with our flying and were even recording it on an I-pad.Well when we were done they all came over and asked all the standard questions-but one of the last ones the father asked was the kicker-he asked do you guys put on aerobatic flight demonstrations?!!!! Wow and we suck-I mean we can land and take-off and do all the basics-loops,rolls,invert,immanual turns,etc but'nothing special-it put a smile on my face-I should have said yeah we do and we do kid's parties for $100 a piece(LOL)-later bud-kevin
NICE! Always great when folks actually warm up to the hobby from just watching the models fly. I love introducing new folks to the hobby. I suspect you are being a little hard on yourself as well, clearly your flying was good enough to impress the dad! I often get folks stopping and chatting with me and watching the plane when I get lazy and pull out a micro and small park flyer and just head to the end of the block and fly in our double soccer field park by the house. Loads of great feedback and conversation.

Talk to you Kev,

Marlin