HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by elgecko, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:25 PM
Fighting Gravity
USA, PA, Red Lion
Joined Sep 2005
188 Posts
Gallery
CP Helicopters

elgecko is offline Find More Posts by elgecko
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:26 PM
This we'll defend
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined May 2011
65 Posts
Nice birds. I have a mCPX, how does the 130x and the nano compare to it?
Libtekguy is offline Find More Posts by Libtekguy
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:48 AM
Fighting Gravity
USA, PA, Red Lion
Joined Sep 2005
188 Posts
I just got the 130X. Bought it used off ebay - Got it for $152.00 shipped. So I was taking a chance with it.
When I tried to fly it the tail did not hold at all. After reading threads and studying the tail, I noticed the shaft for the tail gear was not seated into the one gear correctly and slipping. Fixed that and have only hovered the heli for around 1 minute in the dark last night to verify the tail holds.
Need to fly it around to verify that all works on it, but from the quick hover, it appears good.

The MCPX ver1 I had 1 or 2 weeks before the Nano. The MCPX was another used one off ebay. Have a total of $75.00 in that one. The write up said bad gyro. No, a new tail motor fixed that problem.
The MCPX was easier to control over the Nano. The Nano is so touchy, but after flying it a few weeks now I'm at 100% and 35% expo with no problems. Also about a week ago was the first time I started to try inverting a heli; the Nano. This bird is tough. Been beating up pretty good learning inverted flight. All crashed have been over grass and has sustained no damage... except for yesterday. Cracked the canopy when I hit brick of the house when I zigged instead of zagged....
elgecko is offline Find More Posts by elgecko
Last edited by elgecko; Oct 25, 2012 at 10:44 AM.