HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:20 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
5,920 Posts
Two flights from yesterday. Todays were actually better. Those will be uploaded later. Not that there is anyone here keeping track


Gaui X5 - Flight 133 - New Tail pitch slider (6 min 40 sec)


Gaui X5 - Flight 136 (6 min 13 sec)
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:48 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
752 Posts
Did your new slider come assembled or in pieces? If I end up with an X4 or X5 I'm definitely ordering a new pitch slider with it unless I can maybe convince the supplier to pull the slider assembly apart prior to shipping it out.

Maybe flight videos are a bit like NASCAR, some folks just watch for the crashes I actually usually end up comparing my flights to your vids for technique. It's much easier to pick something up if it's just "basic" 3D moves rather than some nuts smack vid. I just imagine everything 50% faster for my 250.

I caught myself thinking this weekend about how many X5's I could have bought if my fiance and I had just eloped. hehe.
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:14 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
5,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonFlyer View Post
Did your new slider come assembled or in pieces? If I end up with an X4 or X5 I'm definitely ordering a new pitch slider with it unless I can maybe convince the supplier to pull the slider assembly apart prior to shipping it out.

Maybe flight videos are a bit like NASCAR, some folks just watch for the crashes I actually usually end up comparing my flights to your vids for technique. It's much easier to pick something up if it's just "basic" 3D moves rather than some nuts smack vid. I just imagine everything 50% faster for my 250.

I caught myself thinking this weekend about how many X5's I could have bought if my fiance and I had just eloped. hehe.
Both the same CNC slider and the older plastic version came assembled. I am not worried about it too much. If the first one was over torqued at the factory and made it to 132 flights. I'll just pray for the best and change it when i get to another 100 flights. I tried to disassemble the CNC one but ended up bending part of the "nut" side of the brass bushing. So i had to use my needle nose pliers and shove them in and peen it back and twist the round part of the pliers in there to remove the small burr. You definitely need to heat the thing to break the thread lock. I just left it alone. Like i said, i'll just pray for the best. I didn't want to end up weakening it more by fussing with it. I keep doing tail tick tocks here and there at low alt. to check it though.

I definitely appreciate the views and subscriptions on youtube. I suppose there wouldn't be any reason to post them if no one watched them. Like you said, you always see all these nuts doing stick smacking crazy 3D. But you hardly ever see someone going though to motions of getting to that point. I just wanted to document my process. I watch my own videos for feedback too. It really does help when you can look at your flights objectively instead of interactively. You see how things went and you can kind of get an idea of what you need to change.

You can't imagine how much hard drive space all these vids take up... i think i'm up to around a half tera now.


Hopefully mksservosusa.com doesn't take forever to fill an order. it's the only thing i'm worried about.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Jan 20, 2013 at 07:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:16 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
5,920 Posts
01-20-13's flights with the X5. These were really good flights, i couldn't pick out my favorites. Despite all the wind, i had a great 3 day weekend, thats for sure. I had some other flights from today that i will upload later. Only a few of those were good, it was cloudy and dark, as well as windy today. So only when the sun came out was i really feeling comfortable.


Gaui X5 - Flight 137 (6 min 24 sec)


Gaui X5 Flight 138 (6 min 5 sec)


Gaui X5 Flight 139 (5 min 58 sec)


Gaui X5 Flight 141 (6 min 7 sec)
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:39 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
5,920 Posts
Gaui X5 - Flight 147 (6 min 1 sec)


Gaui X5 - Flight 148 (6 min 13 sec)
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:57 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
5,920 Posts
Gaui X5 - Flight 150 (6 min 8 sec)


Gaui X5 - Flight 153 (6 min 12 sec)


Gaui X5 - Flight 154 (6 min 22 sec)
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:37 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
5,920 Posts
Gaui X5 - 171 (6 min 19 sec)


Gaui X5 - Flight 172 - Tick tocks (6 min 4 sec)
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:35 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
5,920 Posts
Gaui X5 - Flight 182 - 3D in 20 mph winds (6 min 20 sec)
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:21 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
752 Posts
Very nice, color me jealous. The 250 does ok in the wind but 20mph tends to blow it off course if the disk catches it wrong. Looks like you've got yourself almost to 200 flights! Congrats! What're you going to do next? X7?
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:24 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
5,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonFlyer View Post
Very nice, color me jealous. The 250 does ok in the wind but 20mph tends to blow it off course if the disk catches it wrong. Looks like you've got yourself almost to 200 flights! Congrats! What're you going to do next? X7?
I would like to. It was a miracle i was able to come up with the money for the X5 in the first place. It will probably be some time before i can even think about getting a new heli. I need new servos for my 450, new servos for my other 450 that i want to sell and a new beastX for my 4F200, which i would have by now if i could just sell that 450... Anyway, yes, i would love to do a 700+ size now. Especially since i have surpassed my "Walkera Sickness" and can trust the damn heli now. Since i don't expect it to fall out of the sky. I can probably afford to own a 700 class. Since it will probably only crash every many months between. Yes, i suppose i'm officially coining this term because i think it's actually a real thing that has effected me. "Walkera Sickness" Definition: The pilot becomes so paranoid, nervous and worried about collateral damage and injury that a learning progression in flight becomes impossible due to a fear of constant and consistent failure of electronics. If a quality helicopter is not provided or found. The pilot then quits the hobby out of frustration and begins collecting stamps or whatever other lame, risk free hobby he or she may find.

I wouldn't mind having the big dog 800 class either. Align, SAB, who ever. Just having a heli that big would be cool. They are just soooo expensive.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Feb 13, 2013 at 12:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:37 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
I would like to. It was a miracle i was able to come up with the money for the X5 in the first place. It will probably be some time before i can even think about getting a new heli. I need new servos for my 450, new servos for my other 450 that i want to sell and a new beastX for my 4F200, which i would have by now if i could just sell that 450... Anyway, yes, i would love to do a 700+ size now. Especially since i have surpassed my "Walkera Sickness" and can trust the damn heli now. Since i don't expect it to fall out of the sky. I can probably afford to own a 700 class. Since it will probably only crash every many months between. Yes, i suppose i'm officially coining this term because i think it's actually a real thing that has effected me. "Walkera Sickness" Definition: The pilot becomes so paranoid, nervous and worried about collateral damage and injury that a learning progression in flight becomes impossible due to a fear of constant and consistent failure of electronics. If a quality helicopter is not provided or found. The pilot then quits the hobby out of frustration and begins collecting stamps or whatever other lame, risk free hobby he or she may find.

I wouldn't mind having the big dog 800 class either. Align, SAB, who ever. Just having a heli that big would be cool. They are just soooo expensive.
I like the term, it definitely feels familiar. I'm getting a surprise extra chunk of change back from the IRS this year because I bought a house. I need to skim some off the top so I can get moving on a big heli build. I can't afford a 700 either but a 500 is good enough for now.

It's hard to justify a bigger heli to the soon to be wife in the name of progression Especially since I have no where near plumbed the depths of my 250's capabilities. I find that I can totally quantify the difference between my D02S and the 250 to her. It's obvious that I can outfly my V120 quite badly now but I think I could fly everything I can do on a 700 or my 250 equally. "presence" in the air just doesn't translate I guess
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:35 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
5,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonFlyer View Post
I like the term, it definitely feels familiar. I'm getting a surprise extra chunk of change back from the IRS this year because I bought a house. I need to skim some off the top so I can get moving on a big heli build. I can't afford a 700 either but a 500 is good enough for now.

It's hard to justify a bigger heli to the soon to be wife in the name of progression Especially since I have no where near plumbed the depths of my 250's capabilities. I find that I can totally quantify the difference between my D02S and the 250 to her. It's obvious that I can outfly my V120 quite badly now but I think I could fly everything I can do on a 700 or my 250 equally. "presence" in the air just doesn't translate I guess
Buy her a Coach purse for $800 and then tell her "All you do is look at yours, or set it down in front of the girls so they can Oooo and ahh... For the same price mine at least flies"

Thats assuming she is the vanity type that likes shoes and purses...

Or you can say "Look.... I'm going to get the heli eventually anyway... You can just let me take a piece of my tax refund and get it out of the way. OR we'll just wait till we don't have the money, the suspense and desire for a new heli builds, but i won't be able to afford it anymore so i'll just end up whoring myself out to 1000 fat chicks for $1... Or 100 kind of fat chicks for $10... You decide honey"

If anything, maybe you'll get a laugh out of her... But i doubt it.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:05 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Buy her a Coach purse for $800 and then tell her "All you do is look at yours, or set it down in front of the girls so they can Oooo and ahh... For the same price mine at least flies"

Thats assuming she is the vanity type that likes shoes and purses...

Or you can say "Look.... I'm going to get the heli eventually anyway... You can just let me take a piece of my tax refund and get it out of the way. OR we'll just wait till we don't have the money, the suspense and desire for a new heli builds, but i won't be able to afford it anymore so i'll just end up whoring myself out to 1000 fat chicks for $1... Or 100 kind of fat chicks for $10... You decide honey"

If anything, maybe you'll get a laugh out of her... But i doubt it.
If only I could get away with a purse... She's been eyeing a new motorcycle so just add another zero to the end and that might be enough to buy her off

Not really worried about it tho, just need the IRS to get it in gear and get me my $$ back. Generally they've been pretty quick since I've been filing electronically. And then it's off to the internets to do some ordering.

The nice bit about not having any real local heli support is that it doesn't matter what I get so long as parts exist somewhere out there. It's looking like I'm going to go with a Gaui X4 , beastX and Savox servos. The X5 is just a bit big for my tastes at this point, I need to work up to it yet. Also an X5 won't fit on my heli shelving
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:12 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,322 Posts
Got her done
3Dplank is online now Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:01 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
5,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonFlyer View Post
If only I could get away with a purse... She's been eyeing a new motorcycle so just add another zero to the end and that might be enough to buy her off

Not really worried about it tho, just need the IRS to get it in gear and get me my $$ back. Generally they've been pretty quick since I've been filing electronically. And then it's off to the internets to do some ordering.

The nice bit about not having any real local heli support is that it doesn't matter what I get so long as parts exist somewhere out there. It's looking like I'm going to go with a Gaui X4 , beastX and Savox servos. The X5 is just a bit big for my tastes at this point, I need to work up to it yet. Also an X5 won't fit on my heli shelving
I was going to add a quip in there about "Honey i either want a motorcycle or a new helicopter" Then you can show her pictures from my Cousin's cycle crash scene. You know, broken hip, broken femur, like 8 broken ribs. Torn rotary cuff. Of course, the irony here is that USUALLY the girl is anti bike and the guy wants one sooo bad. The girl just won't allow it.

I understand your intimidated by the size of the X5, But the X4 is a 500 class heli too. So it's not that much smaller than the X5. It's not much bigger than a 450 either. The X4 is really nice too. But it's nearly the same size as the X5. The tail boom and parts on the X4 are basically the same as the X5 too. Just the length of the boom is different. Far be it from me to push you past your comfort zone. But the price is about the same and the difference in blade length is only 95mm... Also, they both use 6S packs. So you'll end up spending the same amount on batteries. I currently own 4 packs for my X5 totaling $240 on their own. You'll still want to have the same amount of open space to fly the X4. You'll still have to wait till the weekend and pack it all up and find time to get to a field to fly it. I don't think you'll be able to do much in your back yard. Though in AZ there is plenty of open spaces? I'm sure you know what your doing. But thats my two cents.

Lucky for me, i use Turnigy packs, trust them and have never had an issue with them. They are about $52-55 each plus shipping. Instead of $80 each for Gens Ace or $130+ for Hyperion or some other nonsense that probably gets made in the same factory as Gens and Turnigy anyway. The only reason i could see paying more, or finding batteries that are "better" than my Turnigy packs. Would be for 5C or 10C charging. My charger can't do that anyway, not that hot. So these are perfect for me and my multi port charger. My first pack is just now starting to show 3.68v or so after a flight, which means i need to drop my flights from 6:00 to 5:45 when flying the older packs. No big deal yet, considering my first pack has almost exactly 70 cycles on it. When it was brand new, i could probably fly for nearly 7 minutes if i kept it calm. So they have degraded, but never puffed. I'm sure even my #1 pack has at least another 30-50 cycles in it before it's degraded down to 5 minutes or so. My 450 packs are the same way. I have not counted their cycles. But i know it's LOTS more than the X5 packs. They started off flying past 5:00 easily. Now if i don't land around 4:00 the packs are close to OD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank View Post
Got her done
NICE!!! Have you flown it yet? Did you have any issues with the build? It's looking pretty nice. I think i'll have to order myself some of those CF tail stabilizers rods. My aluminum ones are okay. But i'll bet those are lighter and stronger too.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Gaui x2 fes super combo best in its class celuffka Electric Heli Talk 1 Sep 23, 2013 02:43 AM
Sold Gaui X5 fes combo RTF Rc-Heaven Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Feb 03, 2012 02:04 AM
Sold Gaui X5 FES "Super Combo" + extras Flatusboy Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Oct 11, 2011 07:53 AM
For Sale selling GAUI X2 FES Super Combo microbeast version lidong lisa Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Sep 07, 2011 12:27 PM
Sold GAUI X5 FES COMBO BNF w/Hyperion Batteries cjdscratch Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jul 19, 2011 07:13 PM