SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 04, 2013, 11:57 AM
Ca. USA
Joined Sep 2008
147 Posts
One thing that might help is for a number of us to write the postmaster Gold Beach Ore. To let them know that a scam is being operated out of their PO. Postmaster will probably not release name and physical address of the box holder but its worth a try.
Star7 is offline Find More Posts by Star7
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2013, 06:52 PM
Wallingford, Ct
Joined Sep 2001
1,902 Posts
It might not be a scam. It may be ineptitude.
Al M is offline Find More Posts by Al M
Old Mar 04, 2013, 07:32 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,599 Posts
It is that, indeed.
The question is, what can be done about it??

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Mar 05, 2013, 03:29 AM
Ahh another money pit. :)
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Feb 2013
559 Posts
I ordered two plans in January. I haven't received them yet. I asked if anyone has received their order and when that was. But no one has responded. So I started reseaching for the owner of RCM PLANS. Mr. Jim Depeap. It only took a few minutes to figure out his home address after getting his name. I have written to that address and I am waiting for a reply. You don't need a third party to handle this. But with that said. If I get no responce. Then maybe small claims court after enough time has past. Also most CC compnies will refund as part of their policy's. So if things are still normal for RCM PLANS in two or three weeks I should get
them in the mail.

Tom
Tom B 1956 is offline Find More Posts by Tom B 1956
Old Mar 05, 2013, 12:32 PM
Ca. USA
Joined Sep 2008
147 Posts
CC Companies rightly cannot do much in cases where we let time slip by. My card was charged (I verified this) right at 5mos ago. It isn't ineptitude when money is taken and the phones, e-mail, and mail to the PO Box on record is ignored. Actually, I believe my use of the word scam is really a bit understated. Tom, I saw a listing for a similar, but spelled differently, name on Watson Lane? Is that where you wrote? I wasn't able to get a street address without opening an account to a search service, my web-fu is lacking. I want the street address to get the police to respond.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 12:57 PM
Joined Feb 2013
559 Posts
STAR7

I sent a PM to you
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:05 PM
ulpilotrmh
USA, FL, Tavares
Joined Sep 2010
341 Posts
Does anyone have the June 1972 issue of RCM. I know RCM Plan Service is supposed to ship a copy of the article along with the "Windfree" plan I ordered, but I've about given up on ever seeing either. If a copy of the mag is available, I would gladly pay for copying, handling and mailing of the article.

Russ
ulpilotrmh is offline Find More Posts by ulpilotrmh
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:50 PM
Ca. USA
Joined Sep 2008
147 Posts
Thanks Tom
I will step back from defcon IV for the time being.
At the end of the day, I want the plans not the money. When my wife died, I had a heck of a time getting into some of her e-accounts. It may be that someone is incapacitated but the people maintaining the server and PO Box do need to communicate.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 02:25 PM
Joined Feb 2013
559 Posts
Your Welcome
We will see if this helps are situation. Or more of the same.

Tom
Old Mar 05, 2013, 02:52 PM
United States, NH, Bedford
Joined Jan 2012
199 Posts
I need to remember to research the plan service first, THEN place the order. I just did it backwards. Ordered 3 plans yesterday for $65, then found this thread.

If there are any group initiatives to get RCM to send out plans, I'm in.
campbelltf is online now Find More Posts by campbelltf
Old Mar 05, 2013, 03:39 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulpilotrmh View Post
Does anyone have the June 1972 issue of RCM. I know RCM Plan Service is supposed to ship a copy of the article along with the "Windfree" plan I ordered, but I've about given up on ever seeing either. If a copy of the mag is available, I would gladly pay for copying, handling and mailing of the article.

Russ
Try the Classic Pattern forum. There are a lot of guys there who are very likely to have exactly what you need.

http://www.rcgroups.com/classic-pattern-flying-722/

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 05, 2013, 04:23 PM
AMA 910957
United States, WA, Hoodsport
Joined Mar 2008
5,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Try the Classic Pattern forum.
There was a Windfree that was a sailplane. If so, try the Sailplane Talk forum:

http://www.rcgroups.com/sailplane-talk-103/

EJWash
EJWash1 is online now Find More Posts by EJWash1
Old Mar 06, 2013, 06:20 PM
nickeast
Stuart,FL
Joined Mar 2009
557 Posts
Well, might as well pitch in .... I'm very disappointed as well. I spent about $90 on plans in Dec 2012 and have nothing to show for it. I've called and no one answers. No response to emails either. I’ve had better luck in the past but I’m done with them now. Does anybody have any ideas about where they are or how to get refunds? If they aren’t responding, then they need to refund the $$$ or at least STOP taking orders until they can catch up. They certainly had time to process the credit card.

Nick
nickeast is offline Find More Posts by nickeast
Old Mar 06, 2013, 06:34 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,599 Posts
Yep, that is the way I see it as well.
Its ridiculous they way they are handling business, IMO.

R,
target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:04 PM
nickeast
Stuart,FL
Joined Mar 2009
557 Posts
Well ... just went to the website and logged in... checked the status of my order... it's still in the system. So what I'm saying is this ... I'm not buying the "virus/torjan" story....I could have placed another order and it would have gone through... So basically I've come to decide it is turning out to be a scam in reality... too bad...

Nick
nickeast is offline Find More Posts by nickeast