HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:31 AM
AMA 910957
United States, WA, Hoodsport
Joined Mar 2008
5,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom B 1956 View Post
The Address looks to be an empty building if 144 is on the end of the building. The wonders of Google maps. Who Knows.
That was the office of RCM when they were still in business. The woman that handled the plans orders for them bought the rights to them from RCM. The last time I ordered plans from RCM Plans, more than a year ago, the return address was Gold Beach, Oregon, as listed on their website:

https://www.rcmplans.com/index.php?m...c8a1043150e7fe

EJWash
EJWash1 is offline Find More Posts by EJWash1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:40 AM
Ahh another money pit. :)
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Feb 2013
559 Posts
You are correct. Very correct. I think that the lack communication from RCM-Plans is to bad. there is bunch of us hoping for the best where RCM is concerned.
Tom B 1956 is offline Find More Posts by Tom B 1956
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:54 AM
United States, GA, Calhoun
Joined Jun 2011
159 Posts
I'm glad I found this thread, I was about to order a set of plans from RCM for one of the scimitar planes. Guess I'll have to go on a hunt now.
KaP2011 is online now Find More Posts by KaP2011
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:53 AM
ulpilotrmh
USA, FL, Tavares
Joined Sep 2010
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaP2011 View Post
I'm glad I found this thread, I was about to order a set of plans from RCM for one of the scimitar planes. Guess I'll have to go on a hunt now.
I wish I had found this thread before I ordered mine. I've actually started building it using a plan I downloaded from the internet. I printed it in sections, trimmed and taped them together. I've done this before and it is workable, but a pain.

Russ
ulpilotrmh is offline Find More Posts by ulpilotrmh
Last edited by ulpilotrmh; Feb 27, 2013 at 05:08 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:05 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,273 Posts
I've not ordered any plans from RCM and have no intention of doing so.

Are there any RCG members in or close to the RCM plans office that can go there and wring some necks? Maybe if enough dispute their charges through their CC company, the CC companies will start a lawsuit. At least RCM plans would be shut down to not steal any more money from folks. It would be a great loss though to loose all the plans.

Ken
kenh3497 is online now Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Feb 27, 2013, 02:51 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,256 Posts
If I had the money, I'd love to buy out them.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:14 PM
Joined Feb 2013
559 Posts
I still haven't given up hope. I have three plans order and it hasn't been that long ago. Just like the last message if anyone receives what they ordered please post it. That way we all can get a time line since the 6 to 8 weeks rule has not been a reality. I have read they wait till they have enough orders then make run. I now don't believe that. I believe something has happened to this company. I just hope they can recover from what ever it is.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:54 PM
Ca. USA
Joined Sep 2008
154 Posts
Card charged (~150!!) 10/10/12.....no response to emailS or phone calls. I don't know if the postmaster in Gold Beach Ore. will give out the name and street address of the box holder but the PO box they use is still active. Maybe someone local can file a request for this from the postmaster.
Star7 is offline Find More Posts by Star7
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:54 PM
Joined Feb 2013
559 Posts
I got curious I put a note in to the Chamber of Commerce. Did a search for a the owner of RCM Plans. This is what I found.

Firm Name: Rcm Plans

Street Address:
, Map to employer location

Internet Address: rcmplans.com

Phone: 541-247-2222

infoUSA Business Description: Internet & Catalog Shopping (Primary Standard Industry Code: 596102)

North American Industy Classification (NAICS) Title: Mail-Order Houses (NAICS 454113)

North American Industy Classification (NAICS) Description: This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing all types of merchandise using mail catalogs or television to generate clients and display merchandise. Included in this industry are establishments primarily engaged in retailing from catalog showrooms of mail-order houses as well as establishments providing a combination of Internet and mail-order sales. Illustrative Examples: Catalog (i.e., order-taking) offices of mail-order houses; Collectors' items, mail order houses; Computer software, mail-order houses; Home shopping television orders; Mail-order book clubs (not publishing); Mail-order houses

Employer Size: 1 - 4 Employees

Year Established: 2009

Ownership: Private

Credit Rating: Unknown (The information or data obtained from the infoUSA database shall not be used in any manner as a factor for establishing an employer's eligibility for credit.)

Annual Sales: 500K < 1 Million
Last edited by Tom B 1956; Feb 27, 2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Correcting spelling
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:32 PM
Ca. USA
Joined Sep 2008
154 Posts
Annual sales exceeds half a million? Oh boy! I figure I'm screwed but I sure hope that I am wrong. I never waited more than 8wks or so in the years past. I kinda worry that someone dropped dead and a server is merrily debiting cards.
Star7 is offline Find More Posts by Star7
Old Feb 28, 2013, 05:01 AM
ulpilotrmh
USA, FL, Tavares
Joined Sep 2010
343 Posts
Someone should go there and see wuat's going on.

Russ
ulpilotrmh is offline Find More Posts by ulpilotrmh
Old Mar 01, 2013, 05:15 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,859 Posts
How about contacting the Better Business Bureau??
Can a complaint be filed?

R,
Target
Ordered 12-5-12 and 25 phone calls and many emails later, NOTHING!

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Mar 01, 2013, 05:20 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,859 Posts
Incidentally, check your CC accounts. It looks like mine was never "charged", although a payment was posted, according to my CC company.
I suspect this is the loophole the jerks that run this "business" are using to avoid any legal action.

I would seriously like to tell this guy in person what I think of him.
He is obviously NOT a modeler!

I would love to partially fund you, Andy.

R,
Target
Old Mar 01, 2013, 05:43 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
If I had the money, I'd love to buy out them.

Andy
I've thought the same thing. But they would never sell with the racket they have going now

Ken
kenh3497 is online now Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Mar 01, 2013, 07:39 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,859 Posts
You mean the "collecting money for nothing" business?
Yeah, who in their right mind would want out of that??

R,
Target