SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:22 AM
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Joined Dec 2003
1,286 Posts
I order most of my plans through the AMA website. It takes 2 days and they are in my hands!!!
Not to mention, if you are a member, you can get a second copy for half price.

Greg Knipp
Greg Knipp is online now Find More Posts by Greg Knipp
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:35 PM
Garage Foamologist...
United States, IA, Dubuque
Joined Jul 2010
176 Posts
Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post
Soooo frustrating! Ordered a set of G55 Centauro plans on Sept 25th and it has been processing and shipping since Sept 26th. Emailed twice with no response and nobody answers there phone. They have my money and I don't have my winter project
I agree ClipperBill, hopefully we are wrong about getting taken and our winter projects can start real soon.
About 3 minutes ago, I was finally able to speak to the kind women at RCMPlans. Just an fyi, there server was hit by a trojan and messed a few things up. She found my order in there system and said it will ship this week and she will be sending "a few other goodies" with it Wonder what the goodies will be? I feel like a kid on Christmas eve!
mrjoshua is offline Find More Posts by mrjoshua
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:12 PM
Baboon McGoon
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
Joined Jun 2002
678 Posts
Thanks, Joshua. I followed your example and also called the nice lady at RCM Plans. My warm and fuzzy feelings are back towards them. I got the same response about receiving my plans and extra goodies. I'm a happy camper again!
ClipperBill is offline Find More Posts by ClipperBill
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:17 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,195 Posts
I would love to own all the rights to RCM's plans catalog! I've got a nice collection, but not nearly THAT nice!

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:02 AM
Joined Dec 2009
76 Posts
I sent RCM a register letter with a copy my paid order, since they were hit by a trojan I want to make sure that my order was not drop out of their system. they have been on order since 22 Aug 12. hope they come in soon
kraft61 is offline Find More Posts by kraft61
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:56 PM
Garage Foamologist...
Joined Jul 2010
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post
About 3 minutes ago, I was finally able to speak to the kind women at RCMPlans. Just an fyi, there server was hit by a trojan and messed a few things up. She found my order in there system and said it will ship this week and she will be sending "a few other goodies" with it Wonder what the goodies will be? I feel like a kid on Christmas eve!
And still waiting....wish I hadn't ordered from RCM even if there are a few goodies in the package It's been two weeks since the kind lady told me that my plans would be in the mail and what do ya know, still no plans! BTW, nobody answers the phone at RCM anymore, you just get a machine making an apology to you.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:59 PM
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Joined Dec 2003
1,286 Posts
It's because of horse s**t circumstances like this which entice people to share plans with the building community even though it may play against the so-called copyright BS. It is a shame because RCM has a wonderful selection of plans that will be for naught if they are going to start treating customers like this. Whats a scratch build modeler to do???? Seems easy to me, share them if you have them I guess.

Greg
Greg Knipp is online now Find More Posts by Greg Knipp
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:48 PM
Theoretical Modeler..
Joined Oct 2007
2,179 Posts
This is where I have been looking for and sharing plans. Hate to take business away from a cottage industry, but I like to look for alternative methods...

http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_plans/index.php
plane_tech is online now Find More Posts by plane_tech
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:46 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,225 Posts
It's been posted before but here it is again...

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/
aeronca52 is offline Find More Posts by aeronca52
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:06 PM
Baboon McGoon
Joined Jun 2002
678 Posts
I got my shipment notification today so I'm happy. Stuff happens, so I'm going to chalk this one up as an anomaly and will probably order from RCM Plans again at some time.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:45 AM
Garage Foamologist...
Joined Jul 2010
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClipperBill View Post
I got my shipment notification today so I'm happy. Stuff happens, so I'm going to chalk this one up as an anomaly and will probably order from RCM Plans again at some time.
Glad to hear that Bill, I ordered Sept 25th sooooooo, hopefully mine will along shortly as well. I, however, will not order from them again as I would rather take my chances on a skewed set of drawings from a lesser known source or take a ripped digital format to the print shop.
Maybe I need to learn "patience"?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:28 AM
Garage Foamologist...
Joined Jul 2010
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClipperBill View Post
Did you get your plans yet?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:29 PM
Baboon McGoon
Joined Jun 2002
678 Posts
I received my plans last week, along with a $5 merchandise credit for future plans, an RCM patch and decals so I'm happy now.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:19 PM
United States, CA, Hidden Valley Lake
Joined Aug 2002
47 Posts
After a month of waiting I sent an e-mail - no response.
I called and got their recording dated in October and left a message - no response.
I called my bank and had them reverse the CCard charges - still no response from them.

Is anyone alive at RCM Plans?
Please tell us what is happening, what are your plans for the future?
I am willing to buy from you but I'm not willing to lend you my money interest free.

Thanks,
KW_Counter
kw_counter is offline Find More Posts by kw_counter
Old Dec 16, 2012, 02:05 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,844 Posts
Ahh-Man-did you read any of the posts before yours, in this thread?

This little old lady is trying to run her business TO HELP US OUT,and got hit by a TROJAN..

A lot of information was lost or garbled.

Why not just try again, now that they're delivering ,and cut her a break?

The OP got his order recently,and seems happy enough.

Give it another shot.....the results could be better this time
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member