SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkie View Post
Can you believe this - I was given a $200 gift certificate. I first used it to buy an $11 item. The next time I ordered another item, but the gift certificate did not work.

I asked HK why. They said "As the gift certificate code GC50IKJMXJ could only be used one time, if you did not use it full for product fee, it could not be used again"

BLOODY UNBELIEVABLE! I have lost $189. They have given me $11 in exchange for $200!

What a pack of bloody thieving bastards!!!
Berkie, just be careful, Be very mindful of the RCG rules.
co pilot is offline Find More Posts by co pilot
Last edited by co pilot; Jan 01, 2013 at 02:34 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:17 AM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,316 Posts
Wow. Thats pretty crummy if its true. I hope this turns out ok for you. Id heard HK reps patroll these forums, maybe a kind hearted one will help you out. Good luck.
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:37 AM
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,198 Posts
The CS manager has decided to give me a full refund but only as a special exception.

He said that the rule will still apply

Kev
Berkie is offline Find More Posts by Berkie
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:40 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
The CS manager has decided to give me a full refund but only as a special exception.

Kev
I'm glad to hear you got your money back. You said a CS manager gave you the refund. I never heard of anyone speaking to an actual manager. Please provide the CS managers name so others can contact him about problems. Most of the HK CS reps apear to have no authority to resolve problems.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:28 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,104 Posts
Quote:

Kev
Awesome! Seems the "horrible customer service" that some people spout off about 24/7 isn't so awful. Glad they got you sorted!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:01 AM
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
I'm glad to hear you got your money back. You said a CS manager gave you the refund. I never heard of anyone speaking to an actual manager. Please provide the CS managers name so others can contact him about problems. Most of the HK CS reps apear to have no authority to resolve problems.
The manager is Nick So

Kev
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Thanks for posting that name.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:24 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,728 Posts
Quote:

Kev
Seems to me you should be happy they sorted you out and you got given the chance to use the remaining credit.

Going by what i've been reading in this thread they could of easily of said it's your own fault if you couldn't be bothered to read how to use there gift certificates,as they didn't i'd be well pleased and you can't expect them to change the rules just to please you.

At least other people might read this thread and read how HK gift certificates work,at the end of the day they sorted you out and thats the main thing in my book,it also goes to show HK's CS isn't as bad as some would have you believe on here.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:13 PM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,316 Posts
Seems to me HK should have a much better communicated policy regarding their gift certificates. You shouldnt be forced to have to read their entire web site just to understand how to use it.

And now some here suggest you should be "happy" that you were allowed to receive their products after you've already given them the money. Maybe you owe them an apology too.

Remember, theres only one way to prevent being abused by a vendor...
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:32 AM
Australia, NSW, Nelungaloo
Joined Oct 2012
49 Posts
Quote:

Kev
I'm glad they refunded your money Berkie. I've been watching the topic on the HK forum and waiting to hear how you went.
I don't like that they don't plan to change that rule though. Your situation has happened before and if they don't change something it WILL happen again.
Sawdust. is offline Find More Posts by Sawdust.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:54 AM
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,198 Posts
Since they say they will continue with the policy of "if you don't spend it, you lose it"
I sent this to them today

To Mr Nick So
The wording on the Gift Certificate page is TOTALLY MISLEADING.

It says "Gift certificates must be redeemed in full"

That DOES NOT explain that the full amount of the certificate must be completely spent in ONE ORDER.

"Gift certificates must be redeemed in full" ? Of course the customer expects to spend the whole value.
He knows if the certificate is worth say $200, he would be a fool not to spend it all.

He will NATURALLY expect to spend $100 now and a $100 later

Not only is it a very questionable type of offer but it is not even explained properly

It is absolutely ridiculous to have such a condition.

It is no wonder your gift certificates have had such a poor reputation since their inception
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:07 AM
Joined Oct 2012
49 Posts
It might help to get them to change the way they handle these gift certificates if you keep the topic you started on the HK forum alive by filling people in there too. There's a lot of support for them to change it from quite a few regulars and Anthony Hand has replied there too so he's obviously keeping an eye on it but it's sort of stalled now that we've all had our say. An update from you about the situation might get the ball rolling again. It probably wont make much difference but just maybe if we can keep it in the spotlight for a while the bad PR and falling support levels from people like myself just might get them to change their policy.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:30 PM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Northern Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
773 Posts
Quote:
Since they say they will continue with the policy of "if you don't spend it, you lose it"
I sent this to them today

To Mr Nick So
The wording on the Gift Certificate page is TOTALLY MISLEADING.

It says "Gift certificates must be redeemed in full"

That DOES NOT explain that the full amount of the certificate must be completely spent in ONE ORDER.

"Gift certificates must be redeemed in full" ? Of course the customer expects to spend the whole value.
He knows if the certificate is worth say $200, he would be a fool not to spend it all.

He will NATURALLY expect to spend $100 now and a $100 later

Not only is it a very questionable type of offer but it is not even explained properly

It is absolutely ridiculous to have such a condition.

It is no wonder your gift certificates have had such a poor reputation since their inception
I find the statement "Gift certificates must be redeemed in full" to be pretty clear - you need to spend it all at once. You say "Of course the customer expects to spend the whole value.", well yeah, that is expected, so why else would they state you must use it in full? Because you have to use it all at once.
Razor_Racer is offline Find More Posts by Razor_Racer
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined Oct 2012
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor_Racer View Post
I find the statement "Gift certificates must be redeemed in full" to be pretty clear - you need to spend it all at once. You say "Of course the customer expects to spend the whole value.", well yeah, that is expected, so why else would they state you must use it in full? Because you have to use it all at once.

"redeemed in full" To me has always sounded a bit ambiguous. To me it reads as you've got to use it all, not that you have to use it all in one transaction. I know that's ilogical but that's how my mind interprets that wording. It might help if they changed the wording to make clearer that it must be in the one transaction but they could completely avoid Berkie's situation in the future if they simply added the value of a gift certificate to your bonus points as soon as you activate it.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:48 PM
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor_Racer View Post
There you go
Different people, different conceptions and that's the very reason it has to be clearer than what it presently is

Kev