HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:32 PM
Joined Oct 2012
96 Posts
Discussion
Older bikes

I have been collecting older rc bikes over the years , most new in box like kyosho hor and static rider. Harley Davison kyosho , yz 250 nitro, race rider 10 nitro,citirider , Electra rider, cox atc Honda, got a complete fuji quarter unpainted but complete , shredder x dragster, new era chopper about 10 others that are discontinued . My problem is wanted to display these and put them together? Bad move? Should I leave them boxed?
Rcmoto is online now Find More Posts by Rcmoto
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:23 PM
I SEE NO SHIPS
Somerset England
Joined Feb 2007
1,229 Posts
I guess they are worth more left in the boxes , but not that good to look at .
If you just want them as an investment just lock them away somewhere , but if you want to enjoy looking at them , building , or even using , then that is the option I would choose !
Dunc2504
dunc2504 is offline Find More Posts by dunc2504
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:46 PM
Joined Oct 2012
96 Posts
Lookn at displaying them in a case, I've seen the plastic on bikes turn yellow . I don't want that problem.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:10 AM
I SEE NO SHIPS
Somerset England
Joined Feb 2007
1,229 Posts
yeah !
I paint all the white bits with Tamiya spray paint to prevent that .
Dunc2504
dunc2504 is offline Find More Posts by dunc2504
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:55 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
What's the piont of havin em shoved in a box in tiny bits..?
Might as well build em and enjoy em... If that Meens lookin through a Perspex window, then do that... Because I'm sure you didn't spend your time and money collecting these things just to go and sell em...
They're only worth something to someone who get enjoyment from them... Other than that, they're just boxes full of plastic...
Who cares if the plastic goes yellow, just paint it... Nice white plastic wrapped in a bag and stuck in a box that's put on a shelf ain't much good for anything...

It'd be like Marrying Pamela Anderson, and sayin "no... no... Leave your underwear on, I just wanna think about what's under there... Not play with it..."

Ya gotta bust em out... Ya just gotta...

Rant over... (for now...)
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:35 PM
Joined Oct 2012
96 Posts
Thanks for help, gonna put some together this winter. Grand finaley will be yz250 and fuji quarter , this way here I gain little experience . Showcasen them will be good enough for me. Does any one else have pics of older bikes in display cases?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:09 AM
Joined Oct 2011
160 Posts
If you ever want to sell any of those fine machines I'll gladly take them off of your hands I'll buy them all! Haha if I were you I would build display cases out of acrylic that we're air tight and vacuum the air out of them then seal them and display them that way. The reason being you will only have to dust 5 surfaces and oxygen wont get to the plastics causing them to turn yellow. You can display them for as long as you like that way and it will keep the rubber from drying out as well. Also make sure you put the bikes on stands so the tires don't develope any flat spots from sitting in one position. I'm about to build some display cases for some of my rc's
htmlhuh is offline Find More Posts by htmlhuh
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Oct 2012
96 Posts
Glass cases from department store should do trick. Great idea for saving tires, I notice rear frame stands still leave front tire vulnerable to flat spots. I put the earlier Honda kyosho together today , no stickers yet , wanted to put stickers directly on white plastic but thinkn of putting a coat of white paint. Going to check others to see how they look first
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:31 PM
dammachines
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Feb 2004
1,393 Posts
How well have the knobby tires held up on your YZ250 in the box? The ones I had were all dry rotted and felling apart when I handled them...
dmincin is offline Find More Posts by dmincin
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:38 PM
Joined Oct 2012
96 Posts
They r like new when I seen them last year. They aren't on tires just rubber band nobbies that must get glued to slicks ,Weird way of makn tire. Box is mint must been store in perfect climate.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:40 PM
Joined Oct 2012
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmincin View Post
How well have the knobby tires held up on your YZ250 in the box? The ones I had were all dry rotted and felling apart when I handled them...
What engine belongs on yz?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:54 AM
Nitro! collect them all.
United States, NY, Brentwood
Joined Jan 2008
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcmoto View Post
What engine belongs on yz?
The engine is a OS Max 10 FRS.

All those bikes. WOW. You are quite an exotic breed. Is very rare and unique to find somebody who will go so far into finding the ealiest nitro and electric motorcycles ever produce. If you are not camera shy like I am. You may have a very cool and interesting TV/ YouTube segment series.
I like you and if you are clever enough you could start from where all began. Just find someone who is whiling to help you with the segment who has a real 1960's Honda racer and later on, the Yamaha YZ 250 to complement the rc models. ,....( and don't forget the pretty girls too.)
I love the unboxing and how it was put together and prep to run.
I don't think I would ever go tired of pushing that replay bottom again. (save to favorites)
malcabro racer is offline Find More Posts by malcabro racer
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:40 PM
Joined Oct 2012
96 Posts
I'm gonna post pics of entire collection next week, as soon as I round them all up. My fuji 19 rider is red felt material also, I think the red suite is an earlier production I maybe wrong.(73) I almost had a dwa commando complete but didn't know what it was n guy sold it. Also need dash sidecar that I know of a new in box ,but its price keeps changing higher n higher.And fme1 Yamaha witch should be easier to find
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:28 PM
Joined Oct 2012
96 Posts
Post a pic of some of them

Finally figured out my phone. More individual pic of kits soon. If anyone needs a pic of certain bike setup let me know (restoration help)
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:31 PM
Joined Oct 2012
96 Posts
Pic

Some more