HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2003, 12:02 PM
Joined Jul 2003
770 Posts
I am still waiting for GPW to put out kits!!

Why doesnt he put out kits!! Doesnt he know how lazy most of us are?
Summer is offline Find More Posts by Summer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2003, 01:44 PM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
He's already doing the fun part designing and developing good planes is very enjoyable. Designing them so they are simple and easy for someone else to build is very challenging, but the great feeling when someone else successfully builds, flys and enjoys one of your designs is one of the best feelings there is.

Making kits and running a sales business is work. A lot of work. A lot of work means frustration and headaches. Some of us are in this hobby as a distraction from the high pressure lives we live at work and home. Turning our hobby into work would ruin it, for some of us.

I bet if someone approched Glen to get permission to kit one of his planes and just pay him a royalty / commission, he may leave the door open. But, since designs are easily copied, modified, washed and waxed until they become someone else's labor of love, most people just do it themselves... Some better than others, some very well.

So, if there's a kit in particular that you want, try working with one of the kit vendors (like Hippo) to see if they can cut you some foam.
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond
Old Dec 05, 2003, 03:13 PM
Joined Jul 2003
770 Posts
I want all of them =) but I want them RTF lol
I want the stealth from GPW, the DELTA wing. the bipe from foamfly, I want more park sharks, I especially want the birddog!!
Old Dec 05, 2003, 04:24 PM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
Ah but if the Bird Dog go kit it will be a full fuse kit not my normal profile. I want to do one that way anyway so I can add floats for the summer and go lake flying.

Kitting your pride and joy give a satisfaction but does wear on you a little. None of my kits are short runs so there is alot involved in putting the hole thing together. It eats into the time you want to spend just having fun, designing, building, test flying and all. I'm so backed up on planes to build its unreal.

Summer go to balsa products and buy a spit and a cub, you'll be happy.
Thatovalguy is offline Find More Posts by Thatovalguy
Old Dec 06, 2003, 09:50 AM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jul 2002
24,200 Posts
I wouldn't bet on it , allthough a certain manufacturer at this moment is finalizing plans to kit the Parkflyer Pete and the P-38 twin.......your humble designer will get but a taste off the kit, since I don't have to spend long hours cutting , stuffing , making boxes...and all the other headaches that go into the kit business.......there's an old saying about the only way to ruin a good hobby is to try to turn it into a business ...... work ?? ...ECCH!!!! Hey , I'm RETIRED , now I can indulge my remaining time designing(not working) airplanes for your enjoyment....that's "As good as it gets!!!"
gpw is online now Find More Posts by gpw
Old Dec 06, 2003, 01:46 PM
Joined Jul 2003
770 Posts
Here here !! =)