HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by V-Man, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:46 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,672 Posts
Discussion
2S Flyer

Here's a "work in progress" pic of my latest flyer. Not bad for 3h of work, design phase included. 10oz AUW, it's to use a pair of small 2S batteries that I never know what to do with... and to practice landings without damaging my nicer planes.

Hopefully next weekend will be nice!

UPDATE: Plane is completed, or at least enough for test flights. If it's a keeper, I'll tidy up the wiring and add more markings to it.

UPDATE 2: Whaddya know, it flies! Needs either some downthrust or a bit of down trim, and I need to change the prop, but otherwise it's a nice flyer. I can finally use those spare 2S batteries!
V-Man is online now Find More Posts by V-Man
Last edited by V-Man; Oct 27, 2012 at 07:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:37 AM
Trapped in California
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Nov 2003
1,857 Posts
That's cool V-man, I like that plane! Good job!
foamflyer is offline Find More Posts by foamflyer
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:55 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamflyer View Post
That's cool V-man, I like that plane! Good job!
Thanks! I put a 8x5SF prop on it and it's flying much better now.

It's a good plane, albeit slow even at WOT (which is fine since it's a practice plane for landing). Not good as a general trainer because of the straight wing -- it was designed that way to force me to fly the plane down to the ground properly.

Very tough. I just bend the LG wire back into shape and take off again.
V-Man is online now Find More Posts by V-Man