shivambansal,

I ordered mine from Xheli.com

http://www.xheli.com/

J
Jim Lee is online now Find More Posts by Jim Lee
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:59 AM
Joined Sep 2012
42 Posts
from where did u buy this syma s33 2.4ghz and in how many cost?
shivambansal is offline Find More Posts by shivambansal
Old Nov 09, 2012, 02:41 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Argyll and Bute
Joined Oct 2012
830 Posts
s33

Great to hear the s33 is performing so well,if I can't get mine sorted then I'm going to have to get one too. I assume they are as free of blade strikes as the 33g? If I really abuse mine in wind at speed occasionally You'll get the clatter, but It always seems to recover. Missing some good flying weather here in Scotland
drambuidhe is offline Find More Posts by drambuidhe
Old Nov 09, 2012, 03:45 AM
scratch-built
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Apr 2007
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drambuidhe View Post
Great to hear the s33 is performing so well,if I can't get mine sorted then I'm going to have to get one too. I assume they are as free of blade strikes as the 33g? If I really abuse mine in wind at speed occasionally You'll get the clatter, but It always seems to recover. Missing some good flying weather here in Scotland

drambuidhe,

As far as I can tell, The only differences between the S033G and the S33, Is the radio freq and the color of the Canopy. The S33 looks and flies exactly like my S033G.I got to fly eight flights on the S33 yesterday and I have to say it was pure joy not to have to worry about the Heli falling out of the air because the radio decided to take a break.

I'm also going to follow your lead and mod my S033G with a DH9118 pcb when it gets here. Sould be here in about ten days. I've had the DH9118 out over 150ft without any range problems and would have taken it out farther, But I was having trouble judging how close it was getting to the hugh pine trees out by the street at the end of my driveway.

J
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:16 AM
DWTRIAC23
United States, MA, North Andover
Joined Feb 2012
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lee View Post
dwtriac23,

One of the mods that I made was to the battery tray, I'm using a Zippy 7.4v 20c 1800mAh Lipo. I have 2 Hyperion Duo 2 and 3 Chargers and they can both charge two batteries at a time. I have eight Zippy batteries. It only takes about 40 min to charge a battery from the storage charge.

I'm using these batteries on the S33, The DH9118 and when, or if I get the S033G changed over to 2.4Ghz, I use them with it too. I set my timer (it's a little portable one that I have velcroed, so I can change it from Tx to Tx) for six min flight's. I don't want to use more than 80% of the rated mAh of the battery.

I was using my temp probe to measure the heat in the motors, and the S33 temps were below 100 degrees, while the DH9118 motors were above 100 degrees. The front motor runs about 10 to 14 degrees hotter than the rear motor. The DH9118 motors don't have heat sinks and the motors are arranged differently then the motors on the S33. I cut a cooling hole in the front of the canopy on the DH9118, but it only lowered the motor temps about two to three degrees.

I have the S33 trimmed and balanced perfectly, I had to add 3/4 Ozs of nose weight to get the balance that I wanted. It no longer wants to fly backward when there's no input on the sticks

Have you got to fly your S33 anymore since you noticed that the radio was glitching? If so, Is it still doing it?

Mine has been rock solid so far and that makes it a real joy to fly.

J
Does using those batteries make a difference as opposed to the stock batteries?
I haven't flown in a couple days we have a strorm coming through and its been way to windy. If I continue to have problems I may try swapping out the pcb board for the one from the double horse 9118.
dwtriac23 is offline Find More Posts by dwtriac23
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:55 PM
DWTRIAC23
Joined Feb 2012
173 Posts
syma s107 inverted flight

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1767297
Old Nov 09, 2012, 04:55 PM
DWTRIAC23
Joined Feb 2012
173 Posts
Syma??

check out this Yiboo helicopter
http://www.ujtoys.com/YIBOO-UJ300-Gy...s-p/uj300r.htm
looks like a syma s033g to me
i think all these birds are made by the same company, syma, double horse,yiboo,udi, hero
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:54 PM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwtriac23 View Post
Does using those batteries make a difference as opposed to the stock batteries?
I haven't flown in a couple days we have a strorm coming through and its been way to windy. If I continue to have problems I may try swapping out the pcb board for the one from the double horse 9118.
Other than there's more mAh, probably Not. I'm using between 850mAh to 11oomAh during a six min flight.(depending on how strong the wind is, I've only flown it in wind up to 5mph.) My cut off point to stay within the 80% battery depletion is 1440mAh.

The other factor is, These batteries are inexpensive. I get them from Hobbykings USA warehouse.

J
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:14 PM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwtriac23 View Post
check out this Yiboo helicopter
http://www.ujtoys.com/YIBOO-UJ300-Gy...s-p/uj300r.htmlooks like a syma s033g to me
i think all these birds are made by the same company, syma, double horse,yiboo,udi, hero
It sure looks like the S033G, I think that the price is a little on the hi side tho.
for a 27 or 40Mhz Heli. The only good thing is that it supposedly has the 3s 11.1v battery. I know that some of the boxes say that it's one voltage, when it's actually another lower voltage.

Specification:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.5 Channel Helicopter
Charging Time: 45-60 min.
Flying Time: 8-10 min.
Length: 30 inches
Width: 5 inches
Height: 12 inches
For Ages 14+
Power and Radio Equipment:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.5 channel transmitter
3.5 channel receiver
Wall Charger
11.1V 1100mAh Li-poly Battery
What's Included:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1x Transmitter
1x Charger
1x Balance Charger
1x Tail Rotor
1x Tool
1x Manual

J
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:37 AM
Joined Oct 2012
830 Posts
so33g,s33,9118

How are the s33 flights going guys?? I'm now wondering whether my parts will arrive to do the 9118 pcb- s033g 2.4 conversion in time for my hols! I'm off to OZ for 10weeks and wanted to take the s033g along to use in the sunshine.My thoughts are, if your s33's are coming up trumps then maybe I'll order one to be delivered there. Are you allowed to take lipos with you on planes?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:58 PM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
1,022 Posts
Hi drambuidhe,

I've got 16 more flights on my new Syma S33 without any problems. Yesterday I was flying it in some wind and it worked fairly well, But even with the nose weight and the larger tail rotor blades, it was all it could to get back up wind. Wind was around 5 to 6 mph. Down wind was a different story I had to really be carefull with it as it don't take it long to get some serious speed going. But, All in all I'm pleased with the way it flies and it has all the range that I need. I've had it out over 150' without any problems.

I received my DH9118 pcb and installed it in the S033G. Guess What!! It did the same thing that your's did, It burned up the diode on the motor with the blue and white wires. I've decided to just use the S033G for parts for my S33 instead of throwing any more money at it. I'll start looking around for a 4ch coaxial that's about the same size and will only buy it if it's a 2.4Ghz system.

J
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:52 PM
Joined Oct 2012
830 Posts
syma s33

Well thats some goodnews and bad hey? Great to hear the s33 is working out although is it less nimble in wind than the s033g do you think? My tail rotor is a straight fit from a skyking and it makes good headway in 5- 8mph( according to my weather station anyway) as long as its at full throttle. Bad to hear you had the same smoke as me, such a pain to ruin good parts hey? I was sure it was due to reversed polarity, did you check the outputs before you connected the motors? Mine should arrive soon I hope so I'll expect more smoke!! I've looked at 4 ch stuff but have been put off by there tenderness. The big lama I like still seems to suffer blade strikes if used hard and I can't be having that over water.The x-350 over here is around $400 which is the Xtreme bit to me!! I've got an Artech md500 which is a pretty big 4ch but It's very fragile and gives more blade strikes than I've had cups of tea!! I think I'll follow you and try an s33 though I'll wait for the 9118 pcb first.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:39 PM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
1,022 Posts
I plugged the motor leads on the S033G the same as the motor leads as is on my DH9118. As soon as I did this, I could smell the diodes getting hot. I even tried reversing the leads on the motor with the blue and white wires. No Joy, Same story. I hope you can figure out the right combination, So there's no Magic Smoke. I replaced the original 27Mhz pcb back in the S033G, But the motor with the blue and white wires wouldn't run. The motor with the black and red wires ran fine. If you can get yours to work, then I will order a new motor for the S033G and try it again, wired up like yours.

I've looked at the X350 and from what I've read about it on the forum, It can be hard on motors. If I pay what a X350 is selling for, I expect the motors to last a good while, Then I read It willl cost an additional 50 to 60 dollars to convert it to brushless, If you go HobbyKing. A stock Brushless conversion with wiring harness seems to be over 100 dollars. I don't want to spend that much money on a 2.4Ghz 4ch Heli.

I have to agree with you about blade strikes, Especially flying over water. I read your post about having to go diving for your heli, No Joy there. Not to mention that you lost the camera that you had aboard.

I went to xHelis website, But they are sold out of the S33 at the present time, In hindsight, I should have ordered at least two more. It's hard to tell when they'll have them back in stock again. Soon I hope

I used the main lower blades off of a S107G to mod the tail rotors on The S033G The S33 and The DH9118. I don't know how they compare to the one off of the skyking that you are using. In a 5 to 6mph wind, it's all the DH9118 and the Syma S33 can handle with the throttle and forward pitch wide open.

I don't really know what there is available in the market today in a good 4ch that don't need a bunch of modification, Or costs a arm and leg,That can fly in a decent breeze.

Can you hook me up with a link for the Skyking tail rotor?

J
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:17 PM
Joined Oct 2012
830 Posts
Hi,sorry I'm pretty computer clueless as regards links?? But I'm sure if you just google Skyking tailrotor It'll pop up. If you read my s033g-9118 pcb post, you'll see I was advised to remove the ceramic disc from the motor and solder on standard noise suppressors instead. I unsoldered some from an old boat motor and put them on and the motors now as good as new so you won't have to buy new ones.I can get an s33 pcb and transmitter from a Chinese site for $55 or the heli for $125.Whats your advice here? I'll have to wait and see if the 9118 pcb smokes or not first ,if it does I have to decide then.Are the s033g and s33 exactly the same performance wise do you think?Cheers