SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by burkefj, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:14 PM
X-15 Jockey
Joined Oct 2006
2,443 Posts
Discussion
Upscale ALCM AGM-86A RC Boost Glider

I decided to try a 1.5x upscale of my full fuse AGM-86A ALCM, I think by using a KF airfoiled Wing and since the fuse is hollow with formers and skin, the total AUW won't be more than 2.25X the original, which would mean I could potentially fly it on 24mm F-32's or 32mm F-16 or G-12's.

Wings are built with launch rail attached, and full flying stabs are built and laminated.

Update 10/28 Cut out the top and side views and tab and slotted them, installed the motor mount, thrust plate, tail torque rod and vertical reinforced with carbon and laminated with 3mm depron.

Update 10/29 Added the formers and lightening cuts, and cut and fit the top nose plate(not shown). Just need to add strips at the top and sides to attach the sheeting to.

Update 10/30 Added the strips and added the rear sheeting after installing all electronics and the wing. Added in the hatch for the battery and did an initial CG check. AUW is leaning towards 30 oz RTF with a 4.6 ounce F-16 32mm reload. CG looks attainable with only about 2.5 oz nose weight. Just need to add the forward sheeting, sand and apply markings.

Update 10/31 All finished. AUW is 30 oz rtf with an F-16, about a half an ounce less for an F-23 or an F-26FJ.

Update 11/19 Maiden flight was great on F-26FJ, flew two flights, hands off boost, nice glide.

Large ALCM AG-86A Cruise Missile rocket boosted RC glider (1 min 33 sec)

Frank
burkefj is offline Find More Posts by burkefj
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by burkefj; Nov 21, 2012 at 07:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:22 PM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,850 Posts
ALCM Glider

Looks interesting. I hope to follow your progress.
Tsavah is offline Find More Posts by Tsavah