Upscale ALCM AGM-86A RC Boost Glider
I decided to try a 1.5x upscale of my full fuse AGM-86A ALCM.
Wings have a spar and are laminated, and full flying stabs are built and laminated.
Update 10/28 Cut out the top and side views and tab and slotted them, installed the motor mount, thrust plate, tail torque rod and vertical reinforced with carbon and laminated with 3mm depron.
Update 10/29 Added the formers and lightening cuts, and cut and fit the top nose plate. Just need to add strips at the top and sides to attach the sheeting to.
Update 10/30 Added the strips and added the rear sheeting after installing all electronics and the wing. Added in the hatch for the battery and did an initial CG check. Just need to add the forward sheeting, sand and apply markings.
Update 10/31 All finished. I used vinyl letters from office depot and stars and bars from sig, All the rest of the markings are just hand cut from self adhesive trim monokote.
I've now flown it on the new 29mm Aerotech G-25 which is a perfect motor for the model. Since this motor has a bit more thrust, to keep the speed down and reduce change of flutter on the wings, I've added 5 oz of ballast at the CG location and it doesn't really impact the glide at all. I really like this motor for all of my upscales. AUW rtf is 37 ounces.
ImagesView all Images in thread