HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:35 AM
Registered User
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Discussion
Smartmodel Ec 145 T2 inc hirobo fenestrone system

Looking on Sm website it seems they have released this new Ec 145, if anyone has some info about it or if kin could post some real pics of the kit and also fenestrone it would be appreciated!
http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...5&image=image1

Cheers
Jack
viggen65 is offline Find More Posts by viggen65
Last edited by viggen65; Oct 22, 2012 at 11:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:00 PM
Complete RC Idiot Savant
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,768 Posts
Maybe I am wrong, but I was always thinking the EC 135 had a fenestron, the EC145 a raised tail and tailrotor.... Both having a similar fuselage, but with different tail system
EC 155 has a fenestron though, but looks completely different....

Brgds, Bert
Brutus1967 is online now Find More Posts by Brutus1967
Last edited by Brutus1967; Oct 22, 2012 at 12:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:12 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
cap231ex's Avatar
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,768 Posts
That is the newer T-2 model of the EC-145 which does have a fenestrone tail.

I beleave it is still in the forming and molding stages and is not ready for production yet.
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:13 PM
Registered User
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1967 View Post
Maybe I am wrong, but I was always thinking the EC 135 had a fenestron, the EC145 a raised tail and tailrotor.... Both having a similar fuselage, but with different tail system
EC 155 has a fenestron though, but looks completely different....

Brgds, Bert
Same here,until i saw this

http://www.eurocopter.com/site/en/re...1128-1208.html

Cheers
Jack
viggen65 is offline Find More Posts by viggen65
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:18 PM
Registered User
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap231ex View Post
That is the newer T-2 model of the EC-145 which does have a fenestrone tail.

I beleave it is still in the forming and molding stages and is not ready for production yet.
If you mean the kit then it should say preorder if its not ready,looking on sm website it get the feeling its ready since its payable inc shipping.

Cheets
Jack
viggen65 is offline Find More Posts by viggen65
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:55 PM
Complete RC Idiot Savant
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,768 Posts
Ah, OK.... never was aware that there was a newer type EC 145 under development....

Never too old to learn

Brgds, Bert
Brutus1967 is online now Find More Posts by Brutus1967
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:57 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
cap231ex's Avatar
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,768 Posts
That is the 700 size correct?

I know he was working on a smaller 600 size the last time I talked with him a couple of weeks ago IIRC.

That one most likely is done and ready to ship , I know that it uses the Hirobo fenestrone tail unit which is sold seperate for like $350 more.

Other than that I can't really tell you much more , sorry.
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:02 PM
Registered User
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap231ex View Post
That is the 700 size correct?

I know he was working on a smaller 600 size the last time I talked with him a couple of weeks ago IIRC.

That one most likely is done and ready to ship , I know that it uses the Hirobo fenestrone tail unit which is sold seperate for like $350 more.

Other than that I can't really tell you much more , sorry.
I have sent pm to kin,im just in the progress to bye a new scaler since mine seaking project was terminated due to...well that story i can tell you once i get mine refund.

Cheers
Jack
viggen65 is offline Find More Posts by viggen65
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:22 AM
kin
Registered User
Joined Sep 2007
3,213 Posts
The EC -145 T 2 is a new develope models . it is a size can fit 700 mechanic and try to fit for 600 mechanic . it is the tail fan size fit Hirobo fan system , i still good relationship with Hirobo . So i have the fan systen full set easy .And it size not too big .This models included the tail speed choose gear box . you can select you gear ratio in 3-4 choice . so no need conside tail speed problem between the main head speed . In this moment the fuselage is completed the molding , just fitting the tail fan mounting . it wil;l come out very soon . The fuselage included 4 openable door and full inside detail door frame . Dog house mechanic also possible (optional ) , this fuselage is prefect fit the SM 650 mm carbon BLADES (It Won ) In the Helicopter Scale Master (flying award) . Congratulation to Davey !!!!!!! . The tail system can order combo with the kit and you also just move your Hirobo fan convertable to my fuselage . 100 % fit and no any modification .
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:33 AM
Registered User
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
The EC -145 T 2 is a new develope models . it is a size can fit 700 mechanic and try to fit for 600 mechanic . it is the tail fan size fit Hirobo fan system , i still good relationship with Hirobo . So i have the fan systen full set easy .And it size not too big .This models included the tail speed choose gear box . you can select you gear ratio in 3-4 choice . so no need conside tail speed problem between the main head speed . In this moment the fuselage is completed the molding , just fitting the tail fan mounting . it wil;l come out very soon . The fuselage included 4 openable door and full inside detail door frame . Dog house mechanic also possible (optional ) , this fuselage is prefect fit the SM 650 mm carbon BLADES (It Won ) In the Helicopter Scale Master (flying award) . Congratulation to Davey !!!!!!! . The tail system can order combo with the kit and you also just move your Hirobo fan convertable to my fuselage . 100 % fit and no any modification .
Are we talking week or months to releasedate?

Cheers
Jack
viggen65 is offline Find More Posts by viggen65
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:59 AM
Ado
Meow?
Ado's Avatar
Brisbane Intl, Australia
Joined Sep 2001
1,574 Posts
I've been debating what my next scale heli will be. You have my attention with this kit but the cost of the fenestron has me worried. One site had the full fenestron kit for $999!
Ado is offline Find More Posts by Ado
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:17 AM
kin
Registered User
Joined Sep 2007
3,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viggen65 View Post
Are we talking week or months to releasedate?

Cheers
Jack
I think it will release in middle Nov ! the body is finished the molding work , just doing the tail fan part . it complete so fast !
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:55 AM
Ado
Meow?
Ado's Avatar
Brisbane Intl, Australia
Joined Sep 2001
1,574 Posts
How much will the kit retail for when its released with a fenestron? I might have to put in a pre-order :P
Ado is offline Find More Posts by Ado
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:32 AM
kin
Registered User
Joined Sep 2007
3,213 Posts
My Hirobo tail fan still on the way from Japan . who can help me measure the fan case size , outter and inside and widht in mm ? i want to make the fuselage size right now !
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:37 PM
Heli-Teck
Switzerland
Joined Nov 2009
115 Posts
Hi Kin,
the size are 177mm and 160mm

Mirko

Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
My Hirobo tail fan still on the way from Japan . who can help me measure the fan case size , outter and inside and widht in mm ? i want to make the fuselage size right now !
ghostpipe is offline Find More Posts by ghostpipe
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Tf ec-145 500 ecat Scale Helicopters 17 Oct 20, 2012 10:46 AM
Discussion Scale EC 135 with Fenestron tail Garyshaun Electric Heli Talk 1 Apr 19, 2012 12:46 PM
Discussion TF/SmartModel "500" size EC-145 grey from France chasseneige Scale Helicopters 73 Jun 26, 2010 09:38 PM
Discussion Smartmodels : will you do an fenestron to 600 size helico? Gautier Scale Helicopters 4 Oct 05, 2009 06:15 AM