SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:09 PM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith S View Post
very nice job of aging this one. May I sudgest adding some weight band let this one sit a little deeper in the water as this will help slow the roll and keep a little more water off the decks from the rolling motion.
Thanks Keith, i will do that. I am adding more to the boat soon.
rolex0071 is offline Find More Posts by rolex0071
Last edited by rolex0071; Oct 30, 2012 at 05:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:08 PM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Summit View Post
Nice, I like the Aquacraft Atlantic's rusty port holes etc... very subtle and realistic.
Yep he did a excellent job on it and put sound to it as well.
Last edited by rolex0071; Nov 26, 2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:38 AM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,433 Posts
Be back in a few weeks time when more is done to my Tug boat - Thanks. 31-10-12
Old Nov 07, 2012, 03:27 AM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,433 Posts
I was out the other night doing a run with my tug boat and i am finding that the motors are sometimes running on there owen and the only thing i can think of is the trainsmitter and the receiver are not connecting after a low number of feet. So i have moved the antena from below the deck as it was below the water line, to the top of the mast as in the photo below. I have done some tests out of the water to see if it works, so far so good.

Have any of you guys had this as well with your boat ?

Thanks - Eamon
Last edited by rolex0071; Nov 14, 2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:26 AM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,433 Posts
The New Mast on my Tug boat.

Here is the boats antena MADE into a boats mast on my tug boat. Its 290mm long The signal is now very good to the trainsmitter. The boat looks very well indeed, and the paint is coming along very nice.

I still have so much more to do to this tug, i will post again soon with up-dates.

I will post photos of the mast when the boat is done.

Thanks for looking in - Eamon
Last edited by rolex0071; Nov 14, 2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:08 AM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,433 Posts
UP-DATED TODAY: 14-11-2012 I will be back in a few weeks time with a up-date on the end of my work on my tug boat. The paint on the tug is looking better, its not looking like the tug is over killed with age, but its there still !! So i have fixed that one. I am working on lights for the next few weeks. I will up date soon with info, and when all is done i will post photo's here. See you all soon, if there is anyone looking in that is !!

Thanks - Eamon.

UP-DATED TODAY 26-11-2012.

Most of the paint is done on my tug, the only paint left to do is to the main hull of the boat. I have the New mast in place and have added a number of model parts to the main deck.
I have also named my boat "Sea King Dublin"
I am working on lighting still, However, the Nav 9v lights are now working ( green and red )

With this tug boat i am trying to think out side the box and make it a one off model.
See you all soon with a up-date on my work in the new year of 2013.

Take care and best wishes to all for 2013.

Thanks - Eamon.
Last edited by rolex0071; Nov 26, 2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:07 AM
Vintage RC buff
Joined Dec 2012
90 Posts
rolex0071, excellent job with your tug! Very impressed and I picked up quite a few methods of how to age mine a bit. But I have one issue that I cant seem to find an answer to just yet. Mine came with the giant logo of the model manufacturer on the rear deck as you can see in the photo. I'm a bit puzzled on how to remove that as it is not a decal, but painted on. I was looking at your nail polish remover method and see that obviously it's not discoloring the deck it's self so much. Do you think it would remove the painted logo on mine? I totally plan on using the aging method you used on my deck as well. Thanks in advance.
tokdl is offline Find More Posts by tokdl
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:19 AM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,433 Posts
Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokdl View Post
rolex0071, excellent job with your tug! Very impressed and I picked up quite a few methods of how to age mine a bit. But I have one issue that I cant seem to find an answer to just yet. Mine came with the giant logo of the model manufacturer on the rear deck as you can see in the photo. I'm a bit puzzled on how to remove that as it is not a decal, but painted on. I was looking at your nail polish remover method and see that obviously it's not discoloring the deck it's self so much. Do you think it would remove the painted logo on mine? I totally plan on using the aging method you used on my deck as well. Thanks in advance.

Yes you could try a VERY small part of your decal with nail polish remover and see if it will come off. Its a pain when the manufacturer do this to a model. As for my boat this is where i am with it, and i am still working on it with a lot of things to add to it, its all money and it will take a good part of the year of 2013 to get right. Thanks for calling in - Rolex

Please Note: Click on photo then when photo opens Click AGAIN !
Last edited by rolex0071; Feb 16, 2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:22 AM
Vintage RC buff
Joined Dec 2012
90 Posts
Very impressive! I seem to have gotten a good bit of my ideas from from your tug. The crane is a must no doubt. I do plan on adding a crew to the boat, just need to find 1/36th scale figures. I hadn't considered the winch in the front but I'm really liking the way that looks and will fill that empty space at the bow that has been bothering me for a while.

I'll be trying the nail polish remove on a tiny part this weekend too. The LED's will come a bit later with both the wheel house and lower cabin lit. I've built a ship to shore radio to mount in the wheel house, just waiting on a spiral cord from a 1/12th scale doll house phone for the CB radio. I've since added Oxyacetylene torch tanks. but that's as far as I've gotten. Pics to come soon.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 03:52 PM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,433 Posts
Quote:
Very impressive! I seem to have gotten a good bit of my ideas from from your tug. The crane is a must no doubt. I do plan on adding a crew to the boat, just need to find 1/36th scale figures. I hadn't considered the winch in the front but I'm really liking the way that looks and will fill that empty space at the bow that has been bothering me for a while.

I'll be trying the nail polish remove on a tiny part this weekend too. The LED's will come a bit later with both the wheel house and lower cabin lit. I've built a ship to shore radio to mount in the wheel house, just waiting on a spiral cord from a 1/12th scale doll house phone for the CB radio. I've since added Oxyacetylene torch tanks. but that's as far as I've gotten. Pics to come soon.
Hay thanks. Looking forward to seeing ANY PHOTO'S you have of your boat, don't forget my friend.

Be back in a week or two as i'am using someone's P.C. to get on the web as my one died

Thanks - Rolex
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:49 PM
Sometimes I am the weapon
South Korea, Gyeonggi-do, Ansan-si
Joined Jan 2006
1,064 Posts
Well, you're in luck as you could use almost any type of 1/35 or 54mm figures. Preiser has a line in that scale; 1/32 or 1/35 which either scale would work and any slight difference in size would be almost unnoticeable. I think you and rolex do need a few crew members.

Fine work though.

Quote:
I do plan on adding a crew to the boat, just need to find 1/36th scale figures.
Harquebus is offline Find More Posts by Harquebus
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:32 AM
Vintage RC buff
Joined Dec 2012
90 Posts
Excellent, going to check out that site soon. I agree, nothing seems to make the boat more authentic than an working crew IMO.

Just DL'd some photos of a radar screen, weather map and gauges and will resize them for the wheel house instrument panel.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:56 AM
Vintage RC buff
Joined Dec 2012
90 Posts
Some radar screens of weather and open water. Approx. scale gauges. Re-sized and will be printed on color photo paper for the wheel house of my tug. Just wanted to share them in case some one may want to do the same one day.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:01 AM
Vintage RC buff
Joined Dec 2012
90 Posts
Very first modification.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:44 AM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harquebus View Post
Well, you're in luck as you could use almost any type of 1/35 or 54mm figures. Preiser has a line in that scale; 1/32 or 1/35 which either scale would work and any slight difference in size would be almost unnoticeable. I think you and rolex do need a few crew members.

Fine work though.
Harquebus, thanks for the input, I only wish more Guys would get on the Bus and talk about what they have done with there boats, everyone is welcome to add photo's to the thread, and it can be about any boat they worked on.

- Rolex