SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:13 AM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Discussion
ESC in New FMS big Pitts

I am having a time setting the ESC in my new Pitts, 85amp ESC w/external BEC. Red wire is disconnected from ESC. First time I hooked it up and bound my AR600 I got a couple beeps and whoop de dooes , it was bound. Next following instructions I unplugged battery, turned on TX with throttle stick at full and plugged battery up and after 2 sec and two beeps went down to min. and ESC did it's thing going thru all the correct things like 6 beeps for 6 cells. Everything in plane worked.m After this I did something different , maybe I got into programming. Now when I plug up all I get is one beep but alls well. What is going on? Servo's work, motor works. Is all good. Scared to fly like this. Lions, tigers and bears, OH!! the Saints won, bag off/////zeezee/dave
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:00 PM
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Dec 2010
274 Posts
what ESC is it please?
thanks
carlnoki is offline Find More Posts by carlnoki
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:35 AM
Canada, ON, Owen Sound
Joined Oct 2008
2,876 Posts
If you are running an ESC with no internal Bec, called an opto, you need to rehook the red wire that goes to the rx. If there is no bec built in, there is no power being sent to rx, but the esc requires the red wire for communication and setting the program.
Your separate bec/ battery or separate battery alone will supply the rx its needed power.
If the ESC actually has an internal bec, and you have removed the red wire to run a separate bec, you will need to rehook it to change any settings. Be sure to remove prop and disconnect the separate bec if you rehook the internal. Doug B
Doug Bartley is offline Find More Posts by Doug Bartley