HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:56 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,492 Posts
Discussion
f-1 mini 1/18 kart

ok this thread is going to be about this kart i have recently aquired one thanks to a forum member . now as you can see from the pics this kart has no up greades needed it is carbon fiber chassis and all bits are aluminum. full bearings installed and alloy rims . now with that said you will ( if you want ) want to modify the existing parts . or you can run it as it sits being myself i cant leave anything stock so im posting pics of the original and after . another thing i have done is to make it direct drive it had another gear that it ran to the spur to me that didnt look right and was a little draggy . i hope you like the pics ive posted and if you own one please reply or if you need any questions answered ill try my best to do so provided i my self know the answer .

some will ask is it fast and yes to fast for its own good i have the epa at 28% and it will break traction basicly you can tell it uses an 1/18 motor to push a losi micro rally cari recomend a 3500 kv and it would still be uncontrolable at full throttle .

oh and yes it has a rider but hes getting painted right now but he comes solid white no colors .
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7 Posts
Nice. Is this from Hobby King?
JatoTheRipper is offline Find More Posts by JatoTheRipper
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:31 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,791 Posts
Looks exactly like the one from HK:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._w_servo_.html

As for removing the gear, I doubt it's "draggy", and removing it has drastically changed the final drive ratio. You'll probably want to be VERY careful on the first run to see how hot the motor/esc gets with the much taller ratio.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:46 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Looks exactly like the one from HK:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._w_servo_.html

As for removing the gear, I doubt it's "draggy", and removing it has drastically changed the final drive ratio. You'll probably want to be VERY careful on the first run to see how hot the motor/esc gets with the much taller ratio.
its the exact one from hk made by turnagy .
a number of people sell them this one was bought from gotnitro online . . i know it changed the final drive but if you look at the size of the tires youll see that there not a whole bunch of load there . and ive ran it and temps are fine so far it just has way too much torq and rpm . if i had a 3000 kv motor it would suit this kart much better .

also would you be able to help me figure out how much it has changed?? as im not good at it
ill give the specs or each gear .

pinion gear ( on motor ) 18t
small gear 39 / 20
spur 46

now it is just 18 / 46 pinion spur only .
thanks .

i can put it back stock but the gear was a tad out of round or mesh causing it to drag a little thats why the change as now its smooth ..
Last edited by rcphreak; Oct 22, 2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:40 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,791 Posts
You basically cut it in half. Stock was 4.99:1 and now you're running 2.56:1

That's probably why you're not getting any traction with twice the RPM at the wheels.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:48 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,492 Posts
got ya hmmm....i had also modded it WITH the other reduction gear in place to run a 12t pinion i may have to sort out the bind issue and reinstall it as i did nothing to make it not work . thanks parsons . and yea before it was close to blowing the tires off but now i belive it actualy would .. agin thanks .
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:48 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,492 Posts
this question is for parsons if i could make a 55 t pinion ( from a rc18t ) and 12 t pinion would that bring me closer to what im looking for ?? tire dia is exactly the same as a quarter ( 25 cents )
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:15 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,791 Posts
12/55 is 4.58:1, much closer to stock. I can't help if the spur will fit without being too close in size to the tires, or if the mesh can be set correctly or not though.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:49 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,492 Posts
yea unfortunatly the spur is larger than the wheel dia so back on with the reduction gear but will still keep the 12t pinio instead of the 18 .
thank you parsons for your help .