SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by JCMorgan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:39 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motowncali View Post
@starhopper..... Would you like to see my 300+ lb body in a mini skirt and halter top?
If there's ever been a question that answers itself......!!!!
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:45 PM
United States, IN, Newburgh
Joined Jul 2012
69 Posts
Well maybe one of us will hit the mega loto this Saturday.... Just image the hanger!!
Helishoen is offline Find More Posts by Helishoen
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:35 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Oct 2012
90 Posts
"I can spend my money on beer and hookers ... or buy a new airplane. Is that ok with you dear???"

I get the airplane every time ...
bayou_city_boy is offline Find More Posts by bayou_city_boy
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:58 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,563 Posts
mmmmmMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm.....beer & hookers!!
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:29 AM
United States, WI, Oconomowoc
Joined Aug 2010
71 Posts
I have no problem!!!

I have this framed and up in my shop.........never have a problem:

"It costs about the same amount to have a Mistress as it does to fly big R/C Airplanes.................I wonder which one my wife would rather I had???
paero is offline Find More Posts by paero
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:40 PM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
mmmmmMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm.....beer & hookers!!
That's not even a hard choice.
JCMorgan is offline Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:52 PM
Joined Apr 2011
4 Posts
I am on the opposite boat, but equally as bad. I am getting out of the hobby due to lack of time to devote to it. What do you tell your wife when you bought something for $400 never really played with it and now have to sell it for $250. Not going so well for me, luckily she has no idea what most of this cost me. But the things she does know about, we'll let's just say she is not impressed.
Jasbrek is offline Find More Posts by Jasbrek
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:07 PM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paero View Post
I have this framed and up in my shop.........never have a problem:

"It costs about the same amount to have a Mistress as it does to fly big R/C Airplanes.................I wonder which one my wife would rather I had???
Mistress takes up less room.
JCMorgan is offline Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:07 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorgan View Post
Mistress takes up less room.
But is a TON more work to keep !
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:25 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Like all of us I have a wife who would rather me spend my money on her or world peace, but she does have one weak spot and that is antiques. She loves all the older cars, not hot rods, but anything old that is in original condition, for instance a '57 Chevy BelAir 2 door. About 3 years ago I had a 40" P-51 that she absolutely loved, she thought it was a work of art and was pissed when I sold it for a 60" Edge. She kept at me about how ugly it was. A few weeks ago I was about to buy a GP Revolver and she said that if I would change my mind and get the new FMS V7 Shangrala, she would pay for it and I could keep it inside on the wall as an art piece. How cool is that!!! Dave
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:33 AM
Garage Foamologist...
United States, IA, Dubuque
Joined Jul 2010
203 Posts
A 7 month old at home and you think she's just gonna "get used to it"? Good luck with that! The older the littles get, the more attention they require. That's a slippery slope...just speaking from experience.
mrjoshua is online now Find More Posts by mrjoshua
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:46 AM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post
A 7 month old at home and you think she's just gonna "get used to it"? Good luck with that! The older the littles get, the more attention they require. That's a slippery slope...just speaking from experience.
I enjoy the hobby with 4 lil ones, and yes can be challenging, but not impossible.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:52 AM
Joined Jun 2012
30 Posts
My husband used the time while the kids were small to teach them to fly. Now, we have 3 very good pilots, that "show him up" at the field. Our daughter just put covering on his latest plane and has done some of his soldering work. I am very happy that he took the time with the kids when they were young. This hobby has given our family activity that although at times can be expensive (especially) with 4 pilots, it can be very reasonable.
shutterbug772 is offline Find More Posts by shutterbug772
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:54 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug772 View Post
My husband used the time while the kids were small to teach them to fly. Now, we have 3 very good pilots, that "show him up" at the field. Our daughter just put covering on his latest plane and has done some of his soldering work. I am very happy that he took the time with the kids when they were young. This hobby has given our family activity that although at times can be expensive (especially) with 4 pilots, it can be very reasonable.
+1 awesome!
WhalleyB0Y is online now Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:18 AM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug772 View Post
+2

I too hope to create interest with my 4 kiddos, but as of now, only 3 of them show any interest. Our oldest is 9 and cant get video games out of his hand for nothing. He is the hardest to relate to. They are actually my wifes 4 kids, and became a part of me when we got married 3 years ago. Life and the hobby is more enjoyable now because of them.

Pilots in training !
RCG Plus Member