HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by JCMorgan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:49 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
You guys need friends that own a Harley/Classic Car/Country Club Membership. Then when she gets upset @ $200 say "Frank bought a new $1000 set of golf clubs and invited me to join the Country club, would you rather me do that instead?" "Frank just bought a new $600 bumper for his old Camaro, would you be happier if I did that instead?"
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:05 AM
United States, SD, Sioux Falls
Joined Aug 2012
71 Posts
Just introduce your wife to your flying buddies wives. Then they just sit and crab about it together. Make sure you pick flying buddies that spend WAY more than you....then your wife understands that it could be a lot worse.

Mine has no problem now, because she realizes that I could be buying 9 new planes a year like one of my buddies. Didn't take her long to realize that a few planes a year wasn't near as bad as it could be...LOL.
drakison is offline Find More Posts by drakison
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:32 AM
The ProCreator
United States, CA, Claremont
Joined Jan 2004
1,043 Posts
deleted
Artsloper is offline Find More Posts by Artsloper
Last edited by Artsloper; Nov 10, 2012 at 03:03 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:47 AM
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2009
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Then when she gets upset say "Frank bought a new $1000 set of golf clubs and invited me to join the Country club, would you rather me do that instead?" "Frank just bought a new $600 bumper for his old Camaro, would you be happier if I did that instead?"
If I said that to my wife she would say......."Who the He!! is Frank!"
desertdweller is offline Find More Posts by desertdweller
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:14 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdweller View Post
If I said that to my wife she would say......."Who the He!! is Frank!"
"He is one of my friends with a cool wife who knows when to keep her mouth shut!"
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:00 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarusa View Post
I've got you all beat. Every time I've bought a plane from a club member, they have conveniently been unemployed recently and were about to loose their home. I only did it out of simpathy... after all. They were too proud to take the money without offering me something in exchange. I wish I could have done more.
LMAO!!!!! your real good
Forrest Gump 23 is online now Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:24 PM
Noob
United States, CO, Castle Rock
Joined Oct 2012
30 Posts
Just say, "Hon, the r/c technology is progressing rapidly. Don't make me want to replace you with an r/c version in a few years."

....then run before she can throw your expensive planes at you!

Seriously though, relationships are built on trust. If she trusts your good judgement (read: if you do indeed exhibit it), a rational conversation should be all that's needed. You showed a lack of trust by hiding the expenses via a secret credit card. She has every right to be mad.

I have a very understanding wife who copes with my multitude of expenses related to my various interests (motorcycles, cars, photography, gadgets, books, and now r/c) with a smile. She knows I have a level head and don't ever waste a cent. If something doesn't make sense, I won't buy it.
ManiZ is offline Find More Posts by ManiZ
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:59 PM
NCSS VP / Event Coordinator
Napa, CA
Joined Oct 2003
311 Posts
Keep your wives happy.

This is how I keep my wife happy. I tell her about all my purchases and the buy her nice things too.
motowncali is offline Find More Posts by motowncali
Old Nov 09, 2012, 03:09 AM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
2,005 Posts
Did you get that from the outlet store in Napa? I got my lady a coach bag from there a couple years ago - she was STOKED for a looooooong time. Best hundred bucks I ever spent.
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:16 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motowncali View Post
This is how I keep my wife happy. I tell her about all my purchases and the buy her nice things too.
Whuzzat - a short skirt & a halter top? And you claim you buy 'em for her?!?
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2012, 10:22 AM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
899 Posts
Haha I got busted yesterday for having a secret day off. I couldn't get to work yesterday due to a major bridge closure so a buddy and I decided to go sneak off and fly some micros until the traffic cleared up. But my tech illiterate wife managed to use her iPhone app to track me at my favourite flying field. Lmao... "You've got some nerve!! You get back to work!" was the text msg on my phone.
WhalleyB0Y is online now Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:22 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalleyB0Y View Post
Haha I got busted yesterday for having a secret day off. I couldn't get to work yesterday due to a major bridge closure so a buddy and I decided to go sneak off and fly some micros until the traffic cleared up. But my tech illiterate wife managed to use her iPhone app to track me at my favourite flying field. Lmao... "You've got some nerve!! You get back to work!" was the text msg on my phone.
turn off gps
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:01 PM
Napa, CA
Joined Oct 2003
311 Posts
@Jgalexander. It was a 48 hour sale through eBay. And yes it was well worth it. Going to go to the outlet and see about getting her a nice wallet now to go with it.

@starhopper..... Would you like to see my 300+ lb body in a mini skirt and halter top?
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:02 PM
Napa, CA
Joined Oct 2003
311 Posts
Whalleyboy... That is funny right there...
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:03 PM
Lou
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalleyB0Y View Post
Oh that is funny !!

Sometimes too much technoloy and too much knowledge can be a bad thing. Turn the phone off next time you play hooky.

You should hope she does not find this app .....

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/husb...476554706?mt=8
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Lou; Nov 09, 2012 at 01:20 PM.