HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by JCMorgan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:33 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorgan View Post
OK, the wife just found out the $500 credit card bill is actually $900. Can we go back to the "how to hide a body" thing?
I already covered it. I called her and she knows what to do without leaving any evidence
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:15 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starhopper44 View Post
this is almost unbelievable -- i did that very thing last time i was ordering a new plane!! Don't have beachfront property so, leave that part out.....but i called the ol' lady at her workplace & asked her if she'd like to go out for a nice meal & she said "heck yeah!" so i said "while you're out would you pick me up a pizza?"
Lmao!!!!
Forrest Gump 23 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:25 PM
NCSS VP / Event Coordinator
Napa, CA
Joined Oct 2003
311 Posts
You guys are too much. I am reading this out loud to my wife and we are laughing at the stories.... I guess I did it right by taking my wife to the hobby shop. Now when I stop in they ask how my wife is doing. No reason to lie about any of this stuff. Heck I ask her to stop and pick stuff up from time to time. I sure love my understanding loving wife. Good luck to the rest of you...

Mo
motowncali is offline Find More Posts by motowncali
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:28 AM
United States, FL, Lehigh Acres
Joined Aug 2011
852 Posts
Time it so when she walks in the door your doing the dishes, no woman ever shot her man while he was doing dishes. That and never leave the boxes where she can see them pull the plane out and store it before she sees it . And dont talk about them... ever, they hate that ,and will just start the argument about money all over again. Do your plane set up early in the am or late at night after everyone has gone to bed so you dont take away from family time or that will get her going too.And never tell her about the days you call in sick to work and just go flying all day !!!
xrx1113 is online now Find More Posts by xrx1113
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:09 AM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrx1113 View Post
And never tell her about the days you call in sick to work and just go flying all day !!!
Actually your whole post is great advice but this little bit really stood out. Lol, and I thought I was the only one making secret days off to go out flying!

I actually need to get a new story because everything I own seems to be getting replaced by excellent warranties and things come back in new exciting forms!
WhalleyB0Y is offline Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:54 AM
United States, NY, Hamburg
Joined Aug 2004
196 Posts
i have my LHS put lower price tags on the items i buy. those $60 TP batteries only cost me $19.99 today, haha. that and if the wifey gets out of line about the spending i just point to the 5 pairs of ugg boots she "wears every day" , the 3 coach purses, the $200 partylite candle set... things get quiet real quick
nuttcase21 is offline Find More Posts by nuttcase21
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:24 PM
Noobie
United States, MO, Jefferson City
Joined Nov 2011
57 Posts
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by koo29 View Post
I'm probably the only one suggesting this, but be completely honest with her. Maybe tell her that from now on, you will inform her of all purchases you make and let her know why you "need" that stuff. Also tell her that instead of spending your money on super expensive hobbies like real planes or cars, you spend it on RC. She is most likely maddest about the fact that you haven't told her about the spending, not the spending itself.
I completely agree. I tried ONE time buying an SCTE without telling her. It was a pretty good deal, and I had the money in my PayPal account so I thought, "I am SOOOO getting it!!" Needless to say that when it arrived at the house and I told her what it cost, she wasn't happy, even if it did come out of the sale of other RC stuff! From then on, I have been completely honest with her letting her know what I am buying and how much it is so she doesn't go into skitzo mode when it arrives at the house! Just let her know what you are buying and let her know that this is something that you enjoy doing, I am sure she will understand!

Something else that I have also found works pretty well is tell her you want her to be involved in the hobby with her! Granted I really did want to have my wife in this hobby with me because I thought it could be something we could both do and enjoy. Tell her that and she will be a little more understanding about the purchases you make (even if she doesn't want to join that hobby with you)!
Bielzebub is offline Find More Posts by Bielzebub
Last edited by Bielzebub; Oct 29, 2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:51 PM
Noobie
United States, MO, Jefferson City
Joined Nov 2011
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCforithobbies View Post
this reminds me of this joke: and no I dont hit woman!

What do you tell a woman who has two black eyes..............Nothing you told her twice...LOL
I don't condone violence at all, oddly enough that I am in the military. I will say that I will never hit a women, but I will shake the st out of her!
Bielzebub is offline Find More Posts by Bielzebub
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:11 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttcase21 View Post
i have my LHS put lower price tags on the items i buy. those $60 TP batteries only cost me $19.99 today, haha. that and if the wifey gets out of line about the spending i just point to the 5 pairs of ugg boots she "wears every day" , the 3 coach purses, the $200 partylite candle set... things get quiet real quick
Yea-a-a-h.....but just wait'll she decides to give you a nice surprise & goes there & buy you a couple for like, b-day or anniversay gifts & finds out the real cost.
Buddy, your goose will be cooked -- and I ain't talkin' Christmas Dinner!!
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:14 PM
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2009
471 Posts
Just tell her that "it was on sale, so you HAD to buy it.....and..... "look at how much money you saved!"
desertdweller is offline Find More Posts by desertdweller
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:16 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,408 Posts
The main thing I find most hilarious in this whole thread is all you guys who keep saying "I'm sure she will..."

If there's one thing I've learned it's some guys don't really know wimminz at all!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:18 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdweller View Post
Just tell her that "it was on sale, so you HAD to buy it.....and..... "look at how much money you saved!"
Like that $400 dress she had to buy 'cuz it was on sale for only $60....and it's been hangin' in her closet for 4 years, still not worn? I hear ya.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:22 PM
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2009
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Like that $400 dress she had to buy 'cuz it was on sale for only $60....and it's been hangin' in her closet for 4 years, still not worn? I hear ya.
More like that $400 dress that was on sale for $200 that has been hanging in the closet.
desertdweller is offline Find More Posts by desertdweller
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:25 PM
David
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Mar 2012
323 Posts
I've got you all beat. Every time I've bought a plane from a club member, they have conveniently been unemployed recently and were about to loose their home. I only did it out of simpathy... after all. They were too proud to take the money without offering me something in exchange. I wish I could have done more.
dmarusa is offline Find More Posts by dmarusa
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:42 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
4,110 Posts
Warning!!!
The following is a dangerous book, yet quite funny with it's truth;

http://www.amazon.com/Men-Mars-Women...+are+from+mars

Always remember, "Where Angels Fear to Tread"

Jared
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls