HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by JCMorgan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:41 AM
Suspended Account
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
9,069 Posts
Now if you wanna be happy for the rest of yo life....
JohnathanSwift is online now Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:35 PM
Joined Jan 2012
18 Posts
How Long

Been married 20 years.

Either you do things to grow closer, or you grow apart.

Nice Chat !
fasterpastor is offline Find More Posts by fasterpastor
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:42 PM
Suspended Account
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
9,069 Posts
See above.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:54 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I was open and told my wife last week that I bought a Freewing SU35 and 2 6cell Nano lipos for $25.00 including shipping from Hobby King!. ( Its easier to get forgiveness than permission).
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:04 PM
my Head is Spinning!!!
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
I was open and told my wife last week that I bought a Freewing SU35 and 2 6cell Nano lipos for $25.00 including shipping from Hobby King!. ( Its easier to get forgiveness than permission).

it's only $25 bucks, why would she complain?

I know its a typo...lol

nice 6 cells, pricey
Helldiver is offline Find More Posts by Helldiver
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Horizon Hobby Faze!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:51 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,929 Posts
I told my wife I just spent $650 on a quad - she said she can't wait to see it.
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:09 AM
Suspended Account
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
9,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
I told my wife I just spent $650 on a quad - she said she can't wait to see it.
And other urban myths....
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:13 AM
Joined Jan 2012
18 Posts
How Much Money?

Must be the pastor in me -

I don't think the issue is the amount if you have an agreement on how you want to live. If you build a common plan of the life you want to build together, you can be more united.

If you start do develop a part of your life you "HIDE" from each other, you are starting to grow apart.

So what is more helpful is having an agreement on how you want to live, and the life that you want to live together. If that agreement includes your a hobby you enjoy - that is good and she has the opportunity to be excited about something that you like to do.

She will want some money to get her hair done, or take her out for dinner, and you agree - you can do the same for her and be excited about some things that she enjoys.

I have seen people go down the road of having a "hidden" or secret life and it has the potential to grow into a habit of hiding other aspects of life and soon enough - are real tough issues.

Sorry for preaching a little, I do this because I really like it, but the pastor in me comes out sometimes.

Grew up in CT turboR - cheers - hope you are having a good winter!

Good job guys!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:24 AM
Suspended Account
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
9,069 Posts
WELL, in my 36 years experience, there is a clear double standard: they are free to do as they wish, openly, but all my male friends are not. Once you accept this, it is fine: struggling merely prolongs the issue.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:26 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,929 Posts
^^ Yep! Honesty is best.. Don't hide anything. There's no reason to. If you are hiding it, you are afraid, and you shouldn't be afraid of your wife. hahaa

I've been with my wife about 13 years now, married for four? Or five? I think? haha ... We're like best buddies. I don't even remember the last time we had an argument.

She really is excited to see the quad. She knows I've been looking for an FPV ship.

Now the other day when I purchased a half ounce gold nugget off ebay.. hahaa.. She was like "Wait, what?!!" hahaa.. But then just laughed at me and called me crazy. When the gold nugget arrived she now thinks its awesome and can't put it down. hahaa
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:47 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,617 Posts
My wife knows toys arrive at odd intervals, and knows the bench and shelves and storage has gotten much more stuffed in the last year or so, but she knows I'm really happy in my hobby and she and I are both pretty fiscally responsible people. I have more planes than she knows about, and she knows that too, doesn't even try to keep track. I'm at the point now several models are going to go out the door NIB to a swap meet in NJ next week as a result, so that helps.
BrownEyedFool is online now Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:04 PM
Joined Jan 2012
18 Posts
I think the longer term issue is, are you both working towards being united and heading in the same direction.

Hiding things undermines trust in the long run. If your wife is OK with your hobby - then you are good, but if you feel compelled to hide things, then there is something going on with you that makes you feel uncomfortable. -

It is better to figure that out - and change the pattern.

Your wife may not go flying with you, but if you are united she can support you, and you will feel better about building a life together.

You are either working towards coming together, or drifting apart - there never seems to be a middle ground.

Not saying this will be perfect, it is a process you build as a couple, you may not even able to share everthing now, but you can set goals head in that direction.

I love building and flying, but I dont want my enjoyment of this hobby to undermine my relationship with my wife.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:13 PM
Joined Jan 2012
18 Posts
Jonathon - I did not mean any disrespect - sorry if it came across that way.

Just offering what I think works - have done some couples counseling and have developed some opinions about what does and does not work.

God Bless!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:14 PM
Joined Jan 2012
18 Posts
My appologies - I am a bad speller too - Johnathan!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:18 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I See Nothing I Know Nothing (0 min 8 sec)
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy