HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by JCMorgan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:54 PM
sKrude up, Rejected!
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtruck169 View Post
as long as you don't spend over your budget, like our congress. everything is fine.
The problem there is that They spend what they want, WE get saddled with the bill!

hey, maybe that's what the wife/girlfriend is upset about!
DogFly. is offline Find More Posts by DogFly.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:59 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Just tell her each plane only costs $20.00
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:18 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
Just tell her each plane only costs $20.00
Then when she finds out otherwise she will say "Do you think I am, stupid?!" Then you are in real trouble
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:03 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,086 Posts
Mutual conscious disregard is the only safe, proven course!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:38 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,046 Posts
OK, couldn't let this thread die without posting a new classic application....

One of my best club-buddies is, shall we merely say, wa-a-a-a-a-ay 'overstocked' on RC gear. He has a barn & a garage full to & above the rafters! The guy has over 50 radios sittin' on a shelf! When he's mentioned some new plane that's caught his eye we tease him about slipping it in past his Mrs., & he gets all piss&vinegar about how he buys anything he pleases & has the wife's blessing.....that of course is the short of it. *LOL*

OK, this past Friday my 2 travelin' buddies bail on me after we planned to go to a big Swap Meet up mid-state, because of the bad Wx conditions out west (snow & especially, ice storm) that hit the day before. 'Iron Man' calls me unexpectedly the night before & says the Li'l Lady has declared she's going out of town shopping on Saturday, so if I still wanta go to this Swap Meet, we'll go. So we hit the road at 5:15am & fight our way thru the conditions, arriving only about an hour late. To shorten the story somewhat, we both bought planes & other 'stuff'. He picked up this really fine Yak 55, plus got some hugs & photos with this really FINE sexy calendar model to boot! We load up & head back home.

As we pull onto his street, he's lookin' ahead & says "She got home before us." And just as we're turning into his driveway he says, "OK, look.....when we go inside, you don't have to say anything about my new planes or anything else that happened. I'll get the van unloaded later tonight but I'll help you move your stuff over to your truck."

Only the names have been skipped over to protect the would-be-'innocent'. But obviously, despite my bud's "claims" to the contrary, his answer to this thread would be, "Nothing! What happened in Burlington STAYS in Burlington!!"
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:02 PM
United States, NM, Holloman AFB
Joined Oct 2007
86 Posts
LOL, some of these are so freakin funny! Do you guys actually let your wife control you like this?!

I've been married 8 years and I told her up front that what I make is mine and will remain mine and what she makes remains hers. Screw all that hate, life is too short; you've just gotta put your foot down and stop letting her walk on you.
F16DCC is offline Find More Posts by F16DCC
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:04 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
I WEAR THE DAMN PANTS IN MY HOUSE EVERY SINGLE TIME SHE SAYS IT'S OK!

lol
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:41 PM
Joined Jan 2012
18 Posts
OK, Ill be the straight man here..

Better to have a plan, agree on how much you spend on your hobby - you can get buy in this way. Do the same thing with vacations, other variable expenses.

Openness and honesty work better for relationship in the long run, if you have to "hide it" - that is not good
fasterpastor is offline Find More Posts by fasterpastor
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:56 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterpastor View Post
OK, Ill be the straight man here..

Better to have a plan, agree on how much you spend on your hobby - you can get buy in this way. Do the same thing with vacations, other variable expenses.

Openness and honesty work better for relationship in the long run, if you have to "hide it" - that is not good
And how long married?
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:53 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
I WEAR THE DAMN PANTS IN MY HOUSE EVERY SINGLE TIME SHE SAYS IT'S OK!

lol
She picks the ones I am to wear, ahh it's easy for me and works.
Kcal is offline Find More Posts by Kcal
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:12 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
I'm one of the lucky ones.

Been married for 38 years and my wife doesn't and never had a problem with my hobbies.

But our mail lady gave me the riot act for buying to much stuff, that she had to deliver.
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:11 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,046 Posts
Complained that you're providing her with a job. Yep - sounds about typical.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:07 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorgan View Post
So, how do you guys keep the wife calm when packages are showing up on your doorstep just about every day?
To start, you married the wrong one... The only way you can fix this is to get divorced... If you don't want to do that, then have fun with her for the rest of your life!!

hahahaa

I never understood why dudes complain about their crap wives.. You married them, it's your fault!! You should have known how she was from the beginning!

After reading all these, I need to call my wife now to tell her how awesome she is.. hahahaa
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:01 AM
United Kingdom, Tal-y-bont
Joined Jan 2013
130 Posts
haha my girlfriend pays for my hobbies,gess you picked the wrong one lol

the trick is to get them in a good mood before you tell them,like i just won a lipo charger on ebay and dont even have any lipos yet lol
m111kca is offline Find More Posts by m111kca
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:11 AM
Atlanta
Joined Jan 2007
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterpastor View Post
openness and honesty work better for relationship in the long run, if you have to "hide it" - that is not good
"+1"
Whopper Chopper is online now Find More Posts by Whopper Chopper