HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:34 AM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
FAQ
Heng long 1/16 tank.

I have just obtained a 'not working' Heng long 1/16 rc tank. I am familiar with rc tanks but this is the first 'not working' project.So I'm not sure how to proceed.
1.How can I check which is not functioning ....the controller or the tank.?
I know all the motors are o.k.
The batteries are o.k. and fully charged
The controller switches on....but there is no response from the tank.
2.Where are the crystals located?

As stated this is a new project for me...and being a bit long in the tooth not fully up to speed with the electronics.

I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.
Many thanks.
butlerjim is offline Find More Posts by butlerjim
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:07 PM
Joined Apr 2008
84 Posts
What typy of tank, is this tank smoke an sound or none smoke and sound. 1 one crystel is located in transmitter lower right on the smok and sound type.none smoke and sound will have a,b,c slector switch. the crystel other is located in the tanks underside,inside the battery box, make sure crystles are pushed in and have a good contact both need a matching # or letter. Transmitter needs to light up.,turn volume up,look at front lights to flash,try this if nothing open tank and check wiring good luck.
CHIEFSONN is offline Find More Posts by CHIEFSONN
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:51 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
ON the tank problem can you put on picture of what you have ? OR give us more information. So we can try to help. Myself I have played with the none christal tanks and been lucky . What I have found and these are HL tanks that have come back to a store that I pick up . Most of them were all most like new. So here is what I have found. I have seen bad motors. loose wireing and circute boards bad. As well loose wireing . As well as one that had a bad off and one switch. These are the ones with out the extras just a none smoke and sound with the Slide switch. O ya found one that switch got change so I had to put the switch on the reciver and radio to match. ALSO found one that the shooter was damage so I had to go in and compleatly change it out, NOT sure if any of this will help but that is what I have found with the tanks that came back . Just make sure you have the right radio with the rigth tank. If not nothing will work. Some of this may give you a start ? DON
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:33 AM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
Heng Long Tank

Thanks to Rustbucket and Chietain for their advice.
However when I posted my request for advice I gave the wrong size tank....it is in fact a 1/24 not a 1/16. No smoke or sound model.
Following the advice given I checked all through the wiring and suddenly I had success ....everything worked but after I had re soldered a loose connection nothing would work.....Back to square one.
Is it possible to get upgraded matching cicuit boards...for controller and tank and is it worth the expense?.
May I say I appreciate the friendship of this forum
Geoff
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:20 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
Hello and your wellcome.
OK I have played with the 1.24 myself. NOT sure on witch one you have . IF you could fine use one and take the board out of it along with the radio I would think it would work.. I had a 1,24 th scale walker . Pickup a use abramhs took the lower body out and put it on a 1,24 walker bull dog witch was one of the old 21th centery plactic toys . It all work . that was my first time I play with a tank. Everything work out for what I was wanting to do at the time.
I am sure if you ask on the board someone may be able to tell you whear to go or how to fine a board. Maybe start another thred like Looking for a 124 board and radio for your tank just an idea to think about. This way you will or may be able to reach to more .??

Ya what you did been there myself how fustrating . Right now I am taking 3 tanks and trying to get one to run. So I am doing the same thing as you right now . Keep us posted and keep asking this way we all will learn together i have only been into tanks in the last 3 months and still learning. DON
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:55 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
by the way I have one more idea for ya how about going to some of the hobby shops and toy stores to see if you get a hold of a tank that may have come back to the store in the scale your looking for and see if you can get it for parts . That is how I was able to make some of deals on the tanks I have . that is if you have any thing like that if so you may hit it lucky . GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING Don .
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:43 AM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
Heng Lang tank

Yes,thanks for that...you've given me some ideas....will keep you posted ...
Best wishes
Geoff.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:14 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,857 Posts
Glad I was able to help Ya do keep us posted even with PIctures. have a good day yourself DON the Rustbucket