HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:14 PM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,721 Posts
Welcome to the addiction!

Get a flatty and see what its about. Their aren't any edge arfs or kits on the market right now that are worth a crap BUT get a mojo or primo kit to build while you fly an arf from value hobby, either the sabre 35 or 47. These are the ONLY profile arfs that are worth a crap.
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:28 PM
Nederland, Noord-Holland, Krommenie
Joined Nov 2010
421 Posts
Thanks

*googling*
Quagga is offline Find More Posts by Quagga
Old Jun 16, 2013, 08:05 AM
Joined Jan 2009
7,643 Posts
Ding Dong, the Primo is dead. It had a short, rough life. It took a fall about a month ago, which resulted in fairly minor damage and was repaired in a couple of evenings. Took it out again last Thursday morning. It took off nicely, seemed to fly OK for about ten seconds, and then... no control. It went down with a loud craaack in the woods. I suspect some sort of electronics failure. In any case, it's a goner. I stripped the parts and trashed it.

No great loss. I somewhat enjoyed building it, but this plane wasn't really my style. It's built for nitro power and is about twice as heavy as it needs to be.
rafe_b is offline Find More Posts by rafe_b
Old Jun 17, 2013, 04:56 PM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,721 Posts
Its great for either nitro or E. just keep the tail like and move the tail servos up a bay. G32 with a 4s right behind a slightly extended firewall and it'll be lighter than nitro and CG shouldn't be a problem then.

Hope you try another of swanys or frizbee's Probro kits.
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Aug 05, 2013, 11:58 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, OK, Henryetta
Joined Nov 2005
25,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafe_b View Post
Ding Dong, the Primo is dead. It had a short, rough life. It took a fall about a month ago, which resulted in fairly minor damage and was repaired in a couple of evenings. Took it out again last Thursday morning. It took off nicely, seemed to fly OK for about ten seconds, and then... no control. It went down with a loud craaack in the woods. I suspect some sort of electronics failure. In any case, it's a goner. I stripped the parts and trashed it.

No great loss. I somewhat enjoyed building it, but this plane wasn't really my style. It's built for nitro power and is about twice as heavy as it needs to be.
Sorry to hear about that! At least you got to fly yours. Mine never made it past the skeleton stage.

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Aug 09, 2013, 12:53 AM
Rust: The poor man's Loctite.
State College PA
Joined Jul 2002
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafe_b View Post

Sorry to hear. I have 3 Swanyplanes, I thought they were MADE for epower.
TomM is online now Find More Posts by TomM
RCG Plus Member