6,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell View Post
Spare parts for the Mini Vapor include:

6mm Brushed Motor
(PKZU1216)

Gear Box: 6mm motor
(PKZU1227)

Not sure if these are the same as for the regular Vapor, as I don't have that plane. Definitely NOT the same part numbers for the Ember motor and gear box. Begs the question, could one fit an Ember motor to the Mini Vapor? For that matter, could one fit a UM J-3 Cub motor (6mm, but hotter than Ember motor) to the Mini Vapor? Sounds like the beginnings for a Mini Vapor Modifications thread!! Time will tell. According to HH, the M-V not available until late November.

RD
Sorry, I was referring to the motors in the servo (I just edited my post to make that clearer). I'm already fairly certain that for propulsion this plane uses a short 6x10mm motor like the Aers Nano Stik. The PZ cub and regular sized Vapor both use 6x15mm motors, which weigh more. My guess is yes the Cub motor will fit this gearbox, and also increase the weight. See my post above in #35 for more detail.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=35

Gordon
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:49 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
from the video, the brick does look smaller.

I hope it still has a 2 amp esc.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:44 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,215 Posts
It doesnt seem that it would be very hard to remove the wing and install a vapor wing
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:01 AM
Sweden, Västra Götaland, Partille
Joined May 2009
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Johnson View Post
Chuck,
Can you get some close up pictures of the servo brick? A couple from a couple of different angles would be good. If you can measure the length and diameter of the servo motors that would be most excellent information.

Thanks,
Gordon
There are some good pics on the HZ website. BTW the "Manuals & support" page has the most pics, and a manual for download.
And the 360 degree picture is "zoomable"

It would be nice to see a comparison flight between the mini-Vapor and the Vapor...

Tommy
jimjim06 is offline Find More Posts by jimjim06
Last edited by jimjim06; Oct 26, 2012 at 03:26 AM. Reason: sloppy fingers
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:51 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R Irv View Post
Another Parkzone plane that is better than anything out there and it still gets all the negative comments.
TODD
How could you possibly know it is better than anything out there?
Eclipse_7 is offline Find More Posts by Eclipse_7
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:56 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,469 Posts
here you go a few close ups

will try to edit the video tonight

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:10 AM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse_7 View Post
How could you possibly know it is better than anything out there?
Have you seen any pics or videos of any other 3CH plane in it's size and weight that looks and flies better? I didn't have to have the original Vapor in my hand to know how great it was.
TODD
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:30 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
Judging by their video, which could be misleading, I would choose a Vapor or Night Vapor over a Mini Vapor.

It just looks quite a bit less stable, especially when they put it into a high alpha.
Eclipse_7 is offline Find More Posts by Eclipse_7
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:36 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Still no pictures of how you put the battery on that little guy! The battery tray in the old Vapors was heavy, but at the same time, would allow for perfect C.G. My guess is that now the battery itself come with a clip? Hope not!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:44 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
12,039 Posts
I suspect the original Vapor has a lower wing loading.

I have an ultra-micro Yak 55 that uses all the gear from a 4-Site biplane. It flies really nicely, but for tight spaces some of my bigger models are better as they're more lightly loaded.

But as I said before the Mini-Vapor is cute and I will almost certainly pick one up. Will I mod. it? Unlikely. My original Vapor is still 100% stock and flies perfectly that way. It's a 3 ch. slowflyer, not a 3D ship.
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:32 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Lots on improvements in that tiny brick. Motor wires don't solder on the bottom anymore, so they don't wrap around the side of the brick and the board size looks like the absolute minimum... but I don't see a motor plug.

I hope they didn't go back to soldered motor wires Kyosho style.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:15 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
3,234 Posts
My initial reaction is that it looks like it flies poorly and am better off enjoying my MCX2 instead of this during the winter. It also looks like it could have its own pride parade based on the colors and stars on it. I like the basic structure of it as well as the idea behind it, but the flight and colors are disappointing. I hope Chuck's video highlights the positives of its flight characteristics better than the HH video does. I could look past the colors if it indeed flies well.

GB
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:23 AM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim06 View Post
There are some good pics on the HZ website. BTW the "Manuals & support" page has the most pics, and a manual for download.
And the 360 degree picture is "zoomable"

It would be nice to see a comparison flight between the mini-Vapor and the Vapor...

Tommy
Tommy,
Thanks. Yes, I've gone through all those. None of them have a good picture of the motors on the servos, which is why I asked. The manual is where I got the part number for the servo brick, which I have on back order, even though yesterday it could not be ordered yet online. Yesterday I had to order over the phone to do that.

The parts listing page for the Mini Vapor is now up this morning. It wasn't yesterday. Yesterday required searching their site for "Mini Vapor" or by part number for items which don't have "Mini Vapor" in their description, like the brick. And, now this morning the web site allows preordering replacement parts online. Still no pictures or specs (such as weights) for replacement parts.

Gordon
Last edited by Gordon Johnson; Oct 26, 2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:26 AM
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
here you go a few close ups

will try to edit the video tonight

cheers chuck
Chuck,
Thanks for the pictures. First time with a clear shot of the motors on the servos. They look to my eye like they are still 4mm diameter. I had hoped that they might have gone down to 3mm motors to save weight. Time will tell I guess when my "Super Light DSMX 3CH RX/ESC/Servo" (which is what Horizon is calling it) receiver brick comes in off backorder, hopefully at the same time as my Mini Vapor comes in off backorder.

Gordon
Last edited by Gordon Johnson; Oct 26, 2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:35 AM
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Lots on improvements in that tiny brick. Motor wires don't solder on the bottom anymore, so they don't wrap around the side of the brick and the board size looks like the absolute minimum... but I don't see a motor plug.

I hope they didn't go back to soldered motor wires Kyosho style.
I noticed the lack of a motor plug too. I wonder if the board is a bit thinner, but that's hard to tell from the pictures.

Gordon