Bnf 79.99
DING DING DING DING
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:12 AM
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
I was worried that this was going to be a lead sled compared to the original, but based on the video he whole thing is proportionally smaller which is great!
Lepidopteran Ape is offline Find More Posts by Lepidopteran Ape
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:22 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,007 Posts
It's cute and I'll probably get one but I agree it doesn't appear to fly any slower than a standard Vapor ... which I can fly happily in my lounge:

Parkzone Vapor in the lounge.wmv (3 min 15 sec)
Bill Glover is online now Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:19 AM
Rejected User
Joined Dec 2003
6,566 Posts
+1, bill!

The short wings and big tail doesn't look too good either. Looks like its wobbly and would get stuck in a high alpha turn and would take a lot of rudder and throttle to coax it out.
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:40 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfmonster View Post
Anyone notice the batteruy size on this:

1S 30mAh 25C Li-Po battery

I didn't know they came that small
Yes. Fullriver has been making 20 & 30 mAh 20c cells for awhile now. Those who fly the really small stuff have been using them for a number of years. Plantraco/Mircroflight has an entire line of micro (nano?) 2-channel RTF RC planes that use the 20 mAh cell, including a selection of 1:72 & 1:48-scale warbirds. AUW ranges from 2.7-4 grams, and thrust-to-weight ranges from 0.7:1-0.9:1. Cruise speeds range from 2.5-5 MPH, and they fly for 5-10 minutes on a charge.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:42 AM
United States, MI
Joined Sep 2011
3,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Yes. Fullriver has been making 20 & 30 mAh 20c cells for awhile now. Those who fly the really small stuff have been using them for a number of years. Plantraco/Mircroflight has an entire line of micro (nano?) 2-channel RTF RC planes that use the 20 mAh cell, including a selection of 1:72 & 1:48-scale warbirds. AUW ranges from 2.7-4 grams, and thrust-to-weight ranges from 0.7:1-0.9:1. Cruise speeds range from 2.5-5 MPH, and they fly for 5-10 minutes on a charge.

Joel
They are (mostly) incredibly expensive yet still worth it as seeing something that small perform as well as it does is awesome!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:44 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,437 Posts
Did I win a free one?

Horizon will now send me one for free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying View Post
DING DING DING DING
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:56 AM
Joined Dec 2007
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim06 View Post
Yup, thats nothing, but here (in Sweden) it would be like 1200 SEK, or 180 US$...
Tommy
Dry your eyes 8m and order from eg. Rcpitstop.co.uk (usually early with new stuff with a keen pricing) but somewhat hefty shipping.

Or Lindinger/ der Schweighofer, these are Austrians shops shipping for free over 90 within the EU, usually at list prices.

www.hobbydirekt.de has lower prices usually, but charges 10

You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
It's cute and I'll probably get one but I agree it doesn't appear to fly any slower than a standard Vapor ... which I can fly happily in my lounge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZfL8kEYyxQ
Well, the Mini sure makes the Night/ Original look obese... But I'm not convinced yet. All versions more like fly in high alpha, but at he Night can be taken outside in the evening in dead calm conditions. I might pick one up if the owners really do confirm better maneuverability indoors.

Btw, the batteries cannot be charged with my normal charger, at .1A it's 3.3C!!!

McMoron is offline Find More Posts by McMoron
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:33 PM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMoron View Post
Well, the Mini sure makes the Night/ Original look obese... But I'm not convinced yet. All versions more like fly in high alpha, but at he Night can be taken outside in the evening in dead calm conditions. I might pick one up if the owners really do confirm better maneuverability indoors.

Btw, the batteries cannot be charged with my normal charger, at .1A it's 3.3C!!!

A Four Play charger with multiple charging rates for single cell batteries will talke care of it. It has charge rates all the way down to a 1C for a10mAh cell, and the plugs for the PZ cells plug right in. Best charging investment I've ever made (charges four at a time). I charged the cells for my daughter's Ares Nano Stik, which are also 30mAh and have the PZ form factor and plug on this charger.

The wing span does look on the small side. However, that can be changed. Either fabricate a CF wing with more span, or put a second wing on and make it a bipe. The 2um clear covering that Westechnik used to sell (now from Homefly.com) is substantially lighter than what Vapors are covered with. So, it should be possible to increase the wing area and keep weight almost the same to make it fly slower, and less need for high alpha.

Gordon
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:41 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,394 Posts
Quote:

Buy one of those parallel charging cable and plug 4 or 5 batteries in parallel while charging! Problem solved!
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:48 PM
Joined Dec 2007
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Johnson View Post
A Four Play charger with multiple charging rates for single cell batteries will talke care of it. It has charge rates all the way down to a 1C for a10mAh cell, and the plugs for the PZ cells plug right in. Best charging investment I've ever made (charges four at a time). I charged the cells for my daughter's Ares Nano Stik, which are also 30mAh and have the PZ form factor and plug on this charger.
Maybe I should add that even the BNF comes with a charger. Not to mention that most people have the house littered with standard chargers. It takes 30sec remove the bottom of the charger and turn down the pot to a desirable current level.
McMoron is offline Find More Posts by McMoron
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:13 PM
Joined Nov 2000
11,007 Posts
Quote:
It takes 30sec remove the bottom of the charger and turn down the pot to a desirable current level.
Yup my 4-outlet charger (I forget which model it came with ) has all the pots turned down to minimum rate.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:31 PM
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,034 Posts
on the video it looks fast for the size (as fast as the bigger brother as someone said)
it also is always nose up and they don't video a lot of flying

guess i'll wait 'n see after we have more videos or tests. isn't really convenient imo in small indoors areas if its a "flying prop" (well, not more or less convenient than the bigger vapor that is)
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Nov 2000
11,007 Posts
The potential advantage over the standard Vapor is that it could be even more 'bounceable' due to the lower weight. We'll have to see.