HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2013, 12:54 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jan 2012
376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Rigden View Post
To stop the battery holder sliding about , I moved it all the way back then spread a very thin coating of UHU POR glue over the fuselage rod where the holder normally goes. Waited till the glue was dry the slide the battery holder back over the glued section. Its still possible to move it but it doesnt move on its own.

Terry
+1, I used medium CA on mine to do the same. After it dried I jut sanded it where he tray was too stiff. Now it is easy to move and does not slide on its own.
ronaldj is offline Find More Posts by ronaldj
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2013, 04:19 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,585 Posts
I took a video of me flying outdoors in the wind yesterday on a sunny day.

Enjoy!

Parkzone Mini Vapor Ultra Micro RC Plane Outdoors in Wind (5 min 10 sec)
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Mar 10, 2013, 04:16 PM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,577 Posts
Nice must try mine outside sometime when the weather improves.

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:37 AM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Rigden View Post
Nice must try mine outside sometime when the weather improves.

Terry
Thanks and do it! The wind was pretty strong and it still held its own very well. The only bad part was when I put in a bad battery
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:03 AM
Slope-a-Dope
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Dec 2012
2,067 Posts
Nice video! My last outdoor flight was in a similar breeze. All was going well in my backyard ( 1/2 acre lot) until I put it above the trees and more into the breeze. It got pushed closer to my house- a two story - and I realized about a second too late that the updraft was going to grab my little plane and AWAY she went! Lots of unintentional ascent at least 50 feet above my roof with little to no control to beat the lift and breeze. As a last ditch tactic, I floored the throttle and gunned it straight down at my roof thinking I could get it off the house with a ladder. Almost worked.

The MV disappeared from sight as I ran towards the front yard looking frantically for my plane everywhere along the front yard and root top between the gables. No Luck! Only when a breeze fluttered the wings and caused a twinkle of mylar did I look down. There she was...... sitting upright.......... on her wheels......IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET!!! Crikey! I sprinted to the road,looking for traffic and grabbed her. Whew! Almost had a 2D plane- thin and flat. Lesson learned.

That was with the stock prop.....now with the Mini Citabria prop swap the MV will rip the skies and handle the slight breezes, climb like a billy goat, and maneuver like a bat on fire! If the weather holds, I'll shoot a video this evening.
Steve 0 is offline Find More Posts by Steve 0
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:49 PM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,585 Posts
Thanks man!

Wow!!! I am glad your MV survived to live another day. I did keep mine low on purpose and I have the stock prop.

These planes are awesome, but they are too spendy for what they are to have to replace them very often lol

Bring on the video, please!
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:55 PM
Slope-a-Dope
Joined Dec 2012
2,067 Posts
Yea...I agree 100 % about the spendy for what they are. Both my son and I have one and we've both snapped prop shafts from the Citabria prop use. I gave him one Thursday evening in our gym session. It lasted less than one battery. But it WAS spectacular to see him put it inverted so many times and everything else he does with it.

I managed to drill out the prop front; then hit the metal shaft nub with a punch to salvage the prop. It went onto my MV. So the video- this evening - if it happens will be with that prop.

A small surprise is that I got his MV less than a month after my purchase and his motor has WAY more umph than mine.

Just checked the winds SE at 3 mph...gusts to 5....not bad.

Breezy evening...flew anyway and was blown around too much. Held off til right at dark but the breezes kept happening. Nice weather all week though.
Last edited by Steve 0; Mar 11, 2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Update.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 02:45 PM
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,150 Posts
Glad to see this thread going again. So I just got the Deoxit in the mail today, but now I am wondering how to apply it, also how much to apply. It comes with a straw, I am guessing you are supposed to keep it after you use it for later uses? Also how much do I put on the servo? Do I leave the servo/rx board on the MV?

Thanks,

-joker
joker24458 is offline Find More Posts by joker24458
Old Mar 12, 2013, 04:53 PM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
882 Posts
I saw a citabria prop at the LHS so I bought it and put it on today. Wow, very nice performance mod. Tight loops, improved speed and power but slows down nice as well. I thrashed it quite a bit for a few minutes, and brought it in and checked the motor temp. Very warm almost to hot to touch.
asosestrom is offline Find More Posts by asosestrom
Old Mar 15, 2013, 09:30 PM
Still Flying
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Mar 2013
142 Posts
Idoor Flying

The snow is not melting here in Wisconsin so here is how I spend my time:

Mini Vapor Indoors (3 min 47 sec)

This is my first try at posting video so I hope it works.

I love this little plane
OldRCNut is online now Find More Posts by OldRCNut
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:24 PM
Slope-a-Dope
Joined Dec 2012
2,067 Posts
Excellent first video post!!

We just got solid hint of spring weather here in the high mtn desert. yahoo!

Nice big L-shaped flight path you have there. Lucky the cat was only an observer and not a particpant.

thanks for sharing
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:40 PM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,766 Posts
just ordered my mini vapor, ges here wensday!
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull
Old Mar 17, 2013, 06:45 AM
Still Flying
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Mar 2013
142 Posts
Have Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemoskull View Post
just ordered my mini vapor, ges here wensday!
Take your time with your new airplane. When I first got mine last Fall I was frustrated with it. It took a while, with the help of this forum, to figure it out.

For example - I position the 70 mAh battery so it is centered under the vertical rib support above it. This is almost all the way back. I found this necessary for slow high alpha indoor flying.

Take your time and have fun, it's a great little plane.
OldRCNut is online now Find More Posts by OldRCNut
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:51 PM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
882 Posts
Outdoor flying at our desert house in La Quinta, CA. Had to go south for some warm weather:-)

Mini Vapor (0 min 45 sec)
asosestrom is offline Find More Posts by asosestrom
Old Mar 24, 2013, 04:24 PM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,766 Posts
okay, i hate the mini vapor its too fast, ttrimmed wrong and waaay to light to flyt out doors, but too fast to fly indoors for me.

but on the other hand, the brick is setup on alieron and elevator channles. ELEVRONS!

anyone know how many amps the brick can handle?
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull