SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:34 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,871 Posts
I want to kill my dog! She just bit a hole in the wing.
Someone needs to make some clear film cut to shape with installation instructions.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:37 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
I want to kill my dog! She just bit a hole in the wing.
Someone needs to make some clear film cut to shape with installation instructions.
Small holes can be fixed with tape, but for larger issues, go to hobby lobby and get Mylar sheets. Use canopy glue to attach it.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:37 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Small holes can be fixed with tape, but for larger issues, go to hobby lobby and get Mylar sheets. Use canopy glue to attach it.
yeah I taped it.. its just that it was only a day old and im already doing repairs. Shes in the dog house. I'll look into mylar sheets but im sure if I try to do it its going to be messy and not come out well.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:50 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,737 Posts
Have faith, it will come out well and you will have a model that looks different , handy at a crowded indoor meeting.

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:43 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Yeah it will look fine, hell mine has been bashed into walls and have broke the landing gear and then the rear mount. All have been fixed with CA, and she flies great.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:48 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,871 Posts
Where can I get Mylar ? Is that the silver stuff that those balloons are made of? Where can I find something clear of the same material the wings are made of?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:28 PM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,573 Posts
Quote:
Where can I get Mylar ? Is that the silver stuff that those balloons are made of? Where can I find something clear of the same material the wings are made of?
Party supply places carry it for wrapping baskets. I used to get it from Easter basket wrapping supplies for my HLG wings
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: And into the winter season...
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:00 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,161 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys, I'm not much of a plane flyer, but I have a UM P-51 and now a Mini Vapor. I was wondering if it makes sense to set rudder->aileron mixing in the TX on the mini vapor so the rudder stick also controls the tail. I was thinking it might make it easier on the brain when swtiching between a 3ch and a 4ch plane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
I sure find it helpful.
I also find it quite helpful. I flew 4-8 channel planes for decades before I bought my first RET ship. I got used to doing coordinated turns during my first flying season, so I found it very strange to have the rudder on the right stick. I mixed it over to the left stick, which worked much better for me. By nature, I do "coordinated" turns with my RET planes, but my Futaba 10CHP limits total travel to the end-point values when I give it full rudder on both sticks - which keeps the servo from being overdriven.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:05 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,913 Posts
Anyone know if you can get the landing gear triangle thing separate? I was flying over my nephew's house and we broke off and lost the landing gear.. I see new gear for sale, but it looks like to get that triangle piece you need to buy the whole bare "fuselage"?
That kinda sucks!!

So I'm looking at $25. $21 for the fuse, and $4 for the landing gear.. Unless I'm missing something..
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:34 PM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
I also find it quite helpful. I flew 4-8 channel planes for decades before I bought my first RET ship. I got used to doing coordinated turns during my first flying season, so I found it very strange to have the rudder on the right stick. I mixed it over to the left stick, which worked much better for me. By nature, I do "coordinated" turns with my RET planes, but my Futaba 10CHP limits total travel to the end-point values when I give it full rudder on both sticks - which keeps the servo from being overdriven.

Joel
exactly. and I find that I self-manage the throws with both sticks so it's not a problem to be giving "double" the amount. (yes, my JR limits the travel also) The only issue is that if I have low rates set at 70% at full throws with both sticks I actually get 100% travel even on low rates. But if I am bending both sticks, that's probably not a problem.
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: And into the winter season...
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:41 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,148 Posts
Hey guys, selling my MV in the classifieds.

I love it, but I need a Carbon Cub a lot more, and I'm in between jobs and irresponsibly need the money to fund more purchases

Like new(close to like new really), graphics are as clean as you can get without removing the covering.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:14 PM
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Jan 2013
64 Posts
Ok so sense there is 47 pages and I don't want to read all the post I'm going to post this and sorry if I guys now already but this will make your mini vapor the most fun plane you have, at least it did for me.

First go to local HS and pick up a NCPX or MCPX tail motor they are the same motor diff boom length is all. Then get a NCPX battery 150mah. Go home and put the tail motor in your mini vapor (same size drum just a ill longer) also reverse wires red to black,blue to red.

Second use 150mah nano battery.

DONE!!!! Now u have a very fast mini vapor that flys for about 25min on one battery!!Now it will do harrier's,rolls,flips and is fast fast fast!!! Great way to make this plane awesome.

Ps. Just use some Velcro strap to hold your new battery on and position for best CG. I like mine all the way by the servo board. I like to hover around. Enjoy I hope this helps some people.
Curtjakson is offline Find More Posts by Curtjakson
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:01 AM
Foam flogger
Roseville, CA
Joined Apr 2009
1,146 Posts
I keep the ruder on the right for my 3-channel planes as I turn with the right stick on all planes I fly. Why would I want to turn with the left stick on 3 channel planes and the right with 4 channel planes? My thumbs ate dumb enough without confusing them.
Belem is offline Find More Posts by Belem
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:26 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
3,058 Posts
Another video of me getting to have fun flying in my living room. Please excuse the boomerang move against the wall after the first take-off.

Fun with the Mini Vapor (0 min 49 sec)
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:26 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
Another video of me getting to have fun flying in my living room. Please excuse the boomerang move against the wall after the first take-off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RNhc2hV_lw
And here I thought I had a lot of xbox games
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz