to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:43 PM
Soaring Peacock Aerial Media
United States, CA, South Lake Tahoe
Joined Dec 2012
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgoelz View Post
I broke mine in the same place, right at the boom. To repair it I used a tiny amount of styrene glue and after that dried I added thin CF rods (salvaged from a defective MV wing) on either side of the triangle and secured them with thick CA. You have to be VERY VERY careful to prevent any glue from getting on the boom or you will never get the mount off if you need to.

The result is much stronger than the relatively weak original.

Paul
This sounds like a good plan and a little easier than using thread. Would you mind maybe posting some pictures? If you don't have time I understand but I would love to have a bit more of an idea how it should look, ie rod length etc. Just questioning my engineering abilities, I guess. Thanks for your help. It was tough to learn to fly it as little as I can.

Despite the landing gear, and I am amazed by this little things durability. I've let everyone fly it (my first mistake) and it has been crashed hundreds of times. Now that I understand how to minimize crashes and their severity I am much more cautious about letting others fly it.
Jesse Buck is offline Find More Posts by Jesse Buck
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:55 PM
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,083 Posts
Ok, thanks, I will pick up more batts and a parralel charge lead ASAP. Thanks again.

-joker
joker24458 is offline Find More Posts by joker24458
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:12 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker24458 View Post
Ok, thanks, I will pick up more batts and a parralel charge lead ASAP. Thanks again.

-joker
The minimum number of factory 30 mAh cells you can safely parallel charge with the Accucel 6 is two. For that, you'd set the current to 100 mA, which would be a 1.7c charge.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:24 PM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,083 Posts
Ok, but for that, I would hsve to adjust the charge rate on the charger, and I have no idea how to do that on the Accucel 6 (or any charger, for that matter).

-joker
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:54 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Quote:
Ok, but for that, I would hsve to adjust the charge rate on the charger, and I have no idea how to do that on the Accucel 6 (or any charger, for that matter).

-joker
Read the manual.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:14 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,560 Posts
Quote:

-joker
-joker,

Let me see if I can help.

Have you seen the ACC-6 manual?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._manual(2).pdf

Check out the flow chart on pg 7.

Get to the 'LiPo Charge' screen.
Push the 'Start' button.
(Charge rate flashes)
Adjust the charge rate by pushing the 'status' arrow keys for up or down.

Voltage or cell count is also adjusted by pushing the 'Start' button again.
Does this parallel charge info help?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2729

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:52 PM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,083 Posts
Yes that does help, and no I have never seen the manual. Thanks for the info, but I still cant go to the hobby shop yet.

-joker
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:15 PM
United States, MI, Rochester Hills
Joined Oct 2000
916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Buck View Post
This sounds like a good plan and a little easier than using thread. Would you mind maybe posting some pictures? If you don't have time I understand but I would love to have a bit more of an idea how it should look, ie rod length etc.
I'm away for a couple days so I can't post photos at the moment. However, it is fairly simple to visualize.... The landing gear bracket forms a triangle with the boom passing through the center. I added CF rods along the two outside edges of that triangle, starting just above where the gear rods plug in and extending above the boom. The two rods continue the line of the landing gear rods and converge at the tip of the triangle above the boom and just under where the wing support begins. This vastly strengthens the gear support with a nearly zero weight penalty. As I said originally, the only caution is to make sure you don't get CA on the boom or in the wing support. I used very thick CA and laid a line along each edge of the triangle. Then I laid the CF rods in place and spritzed it with kicker to lock it all in place.

Paul
pgoelz is offline Find More Posts by pgoelz
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:18 PM
United States, MI, Rochester Hills
Joined Oct 2000
916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Rigden View Post
The reason is they make more money on the spare parts than on the original aircraft

Terry
They are going to do very well on the MV then, because with everything glued in place it is nearly impossible to remove a broken part without destroying something else I had a terrible time replacing my defective wing. The debonder that HH recommended ended up destroying the wing support rod and I had to make a new one. It also softened the wing root bracket, but fortunately only on the defective wing.

Paul
pgoelz is offline Find More Posts by pgoelz
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:38 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,086 Posts
When doing anything but a perfect landing the gear bends and hits the prop.

Well tied some thread between the wheels with a little sack, before the gear bends enough to hit the prop the slack in the thread is used up and your landing is smooth!
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:02 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,545 Posts
Just flown mine for the first time. Compared to the Mk 1 vapor it's a bit quick and with the rudder pushrod in the outer hole as supplied lacking in rudder authority. I'm flying mine in a 20' x12' room and it seems a bit tight doable but needs my full attention, just like its big brother.

I can see some scope for lightening , that tail skid can go for a start.
The velcro didnt want to let go on the first flight but on the third the battery came away and was swinging on the wire which made life interesting
Also tried it with a 70 mAh battery from and didnt notice much difference in the flight characteristics.

It tends to dive in tight right hand turns probably due to the Coriolis effect of the prop.

So far not that impressed as its not any better for small spaces than the Mk1 Vapor which is what I was hoping for.

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:33 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,764 Posts
I can't imaging how slow the Vapor is if you guys are saying the MV is faster!! I can fly the MV so slow in my house. I can't imagine going any slower! hahaha

I flew a full 70mah batt last night without landing. It was just under 8 minutes of flight in my living room. Landed and grabbed the motor and it was barely over room temp. I remember seeing some people saying the motor was very hot. I ordered a spare just to have though, would suck for it to die with no spare! This is my favorite living room flyer right now
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:50 AM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
United States, VA, Floyd
Joined Nov 2007
523 Posts
Cg

Turbo, where do you have the battery located for slow, living room flight?

Thanks, John
jhark37 is online now Find More Posts by jhark37
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:37 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,764 Posts
I will take a picture of where I put the battery. I found what I believe to be perfect spot.
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer