HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Dec 2012
20 Posts
oops, make that closer to 2.0 g for the 50 mah batteries as I had my scale set to the wrong units.
coolstar is offline Find More Posts by coolstar
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:58 PM
Joined Dec 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d astronaut View Post
Is that the ares tiger moth?
Yep, the one redundantly named (nano-micro or something?)
coolstar is offline Find More Posts by coolstar
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:00 PM
Foam Temple Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Sep 2012
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylander View Post
I got one of these today. I have to say I am disappointed with it. I was hoping for a true mini vapor. At this time I much prefure my night vapor. For me the NV flies slower and is much easier to control than the mini.

I tried some of Hyperion 70mh batteries I had for my NV. They give it more power but make it much more touchy to control. I will give it a few more rounds tomorrow but at this point I may part with it and stick with the NV.
I like the Mini Vapor, but after flying it the past few days I still prefer the Night Vapor. The Mini Vapor can be flown in smaller spaces than the Night Vapor, but it's not a huge difference. The Night Vapor has longer flight times, 10 minutes with a 70 mAh battery, 20 minutes or more with a 150 mAh battery, versus less than 5 minutes for the Mini with a 30 mAh battery, and 10 minutes with a 70 mAh. I also feel that the Night Vapor flies better with a 150 than the Mini flies with a 70, the Night Vapor carries the additional weight easily, while the Mini is noticeably affected by it. Also the LEDs on the Night Vapor, which allow night flying, make it more versatile. Both are good, but if I could only have one the Night Vapor would be my first choice without hesitation.
JayY is online now Find More Posts by JayY
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:53 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,931 Posts
I'm loving this little living room bird . I like doing figure eights and watchig it "jump" it's own wake as it crosses. Good stuff.
I'm trying to land on the wall now.
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:41 PM
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Sep 2011
198 Posts
Fun little plane. Been flying it in the bonus room and running into everything. I have 1 stock and 1 70 mah battery. Cont notice a difference in weight just longer run time.
Notsogood is offline Find More Posts by Notsogood
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:46 PM
Joined Oct 2002
1,931 Posts
Ok, this time I charged five batts that were at 3.7-3.8 each. Took 25 mins and put in about 75mah.. That sounds right. Charging at .2a

Still quicker to charge six than it is to charge one on stocker!
Old Dec 28, 2012, 04:57 AM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
Ok, this time I charged five batts that were at 3.7-3.8 each. Took 25 mins and put in about 75mah.. That sounds right. Charging at .2a

Still quicker to charge six than it is to charge one on stocker!
The other one might have been a false peak detected
coreman is online now Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: And into the winter season...
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:38 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
3,242 Posts
So does the stock battery work with the four bay charger that comes with the MSR? Mine is still enroute, so I want to know what to expect.

Edit: Nevermind. I went back a could of pages and saw it was too much juice. Will the same power supply that works for that work for the single cell charger the mini vapor comes with?
GBLynden is online now Find More Posts by GBLynden
Last edited by GBLynden; Dec 28, 2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:24 AM
Foam Temple Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Sep 2012
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
So does the stock battery work with the four bay charger that comes with the MSR? Mine is still enroute, so I want to know what to expect.

Edit: Nevermind. I went back a could of pages and saw it was too much juice. Will the same power supply that works for that work for the single cell charger the mini vapor comes with?
Yes, the 6 Volt power supply for the 4 bay 3.7 V .3 A charger will work with the 3.7 V 0.07 A charger that comes with the Mini Vapor.
JayY is online now Find More Posts by JayY
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JayY; Dec 28, 2012 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:11 AM
Joined Oct 2002
1,931 Posts
Last night I managed to get one wall landing, but I couldn't hold it for too long.. Maybe three seconds before falling out... I need a bigger wall to practice. I was working on a 2ft wide strip. hahaa

Also I like turning on the ceiling fan for a little turbulance.. Low is OK .. But switch to high and man, chance of survival is slim.. It's like a gale force downdraft for that little bug.

Love it!
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:19 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post

You can reduce the charge rate on the charger by opening it up an turning the pots on the PCBs anti clockwise. I did that with mine and it increased the charge time of a 110mAh cell to about an hour so I'm guessing its running at about 100mA but I havent been able to measure it. Anyone out there done the mod and measured the current ?

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:01 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,480 Posts
Max charge for the stock cell is 75 mA. Exceeding the charge rating on any LiPo is foolish. Decent multi-chemistry chargers are cheap nowadays. If you are the least bit serious about this hobby, do yourself a huge favor & get one. That's a hell of a lot cheaper than what it will cost to rebuild after you start your house on fire while trying to save a few pennies on your hobby.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:19 AM
Joined Apr 2001
384 Posts
Where can I get equivalent to stock batteries on line.
Flyboy70 is online now Find More Posts by Flyboy70
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:56 AM
Joined Oct 2002
1,931 Posts
My daughter likes to sit on my lap and watch the MV fly. I shall turn her into an RC ninja!

Excuse the post-christmas clutter. Still working on that. hahaa

Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:21 PM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
My daughter likes to sit on my lap and watch the MV fly. I shall turn her into an RC ninja!

Excuse the post-christmas clutter. Still working on that. hahaa

She is cute and young and must be your first if you think you can keep up with her clutter after Christmas!!
coreman is online now Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: And into the winter season...