HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:47 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash1414 View Post
Just wondering where everyone is locating there battery. I have tried all different positions just for me it seems to fly the best around the middle but seems to have a big flight envelope except for all the way back by the brick then it was just to tail heavy and had no control
The manual shows a 60mm distance from the LE of the wing to the forward edge of the battery. According to the drawing in the manual, this places the battery almost up against the brick. I doubt if this will be the best position, but I haven't really flown my Mini Vapor yet. I would like to try it outside, in dead calm conditions first, as my living room is long and narrow.

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Doug Sipprell; Nov 25, 2012 at 08:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:12 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
I like it an inch or two forward from brick. With 70 mah a little farther back.

J
jabsten is online now Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:47 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,812 Posts
Saw one of these fly at my LHS yesterday and I came away VERY IMPRESSED! It looks like it flies more closer to the original Vapor than the Night Vapor and that is a GOOD THING! Now I know what to tell my wife to get me for my bday!
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:09 PM
4000 posts?!
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2005
4,044 Posts
Some flying in the spare room.

Parkzone Mini Vapor fun (5 min 42 sec)
micro_builder is online now Find More Posts by micro_builder
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:16 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micro_builder View Post
Ceiling fan....

LMAO
pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Nov 2012
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micro_builder View Post
That's what makes us different from the Chinese...we have a spare room. That was all good with the ceiling fan. Thank you for the vid. What program are you using to do the slo-mo inserts?
Puddytatter is offline Find More Posts by Puddytatter
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:24 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
Obviously this has been at some people's lhs, and its in stock at HH online, but my lhs did not have it. Does other people's LHS have it in stock? When i asked they hadnt even heard about it, and had no release date other than "on order."
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:24 AM
the flying fool
canal fulton,oh
Joined Dec 2006
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Obviously this has been at some people's lhs, and its in stock at HH online, but my lhs did not have it. Does other people's LHS have it in stock? When i asked they hadnt even heard about it, and had no release date other than "on order."

That seemed to be the case around my area also. They were supposed to show up last Friday 11/16 then on Friday my Lhs said they went to back order. And they were going to get them this Friday after thanksgiving . Guess what they never got them in. Last week I was calling every shop with in a 60 mile radius and found 1 bnf had to drive 1 1/2 to get it not sure why they were the only ones to have one when everyone else said they were on back order . It was a hobby town
crash1414 is offline Find More Posts by crash1414
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:26 AM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Here's the answer I got from my LHS.

[ Horizon Hobby's newest method of creating a challenge for us is that they, and a very few select dealers, will start selling a product and have them 2 weeks before any of their other dealers have them.]

I would rather wait and see some of my money go to my LHS than all of it go to Horizon.
TODD
I R Irv is online now Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R Irv View Post
Here's the answer I got from my LHS.

[ Horizon Hobby's newest method of creating a challenge for us is that they, and a very few select dealers, will start selling a product and have them 2 weeks before any of their other dealers have them.]

I would rather wait and see some of my money go to my LHS than all of it go to Horizon.
TODD
This is a new program. My LHS has joined, and they got the MV more than a week ago. Suggest that your LHS look into it. I do not know what conditions may apply.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:07 PM
Joined Nov 2012
45 Posts
I have heard that HH's policy is to sell stuff at the same price as the LHS, so as not to undercut their distributors. In today's world of online shopping, I think that is a good policy. On the other hand, it doesn't surprise me that there is is list of favorite distributors that get the new stuff first. I wonder how much the LHS makes on a 150 dollar plane? Probably not all that much.
Puddytatter is offline Find More Posts by Puddytatter
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:16 PM
Can't get enough
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
My motor is starting to pulse after 2 min flying. I wonder if it is the motor or battery. This sucks. In order to replace motor you have to either solder a connection or directly to the board.

J
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:22 PM
Flyer
United States, FL, Lakeland
Joined Nov 2008
204 Posts
It's likely the lipo. You should get a 5-6 minute flight on a full charge. Are you using the stock lipo charger? I made the mistake of using a different charger that showed the lipo at full charge when it wasn't. Went back to the stock charger. When the red blinks on the charger are 20+ seconds apart the lipo should be at full charge.
Rairwalk is offline Find More Posts by Rairwalk
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:54 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddytatter View Post
I wonder how much the LHS makes on a 150 dollar plane? Probably not all that much.
Probably not that much, but they get more money when we go back there to buy batteries, and parts (after we crash our airplanes). It's amazing how happy we are, to pay for a piece of foam, when we can get it quickly, locally.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:40 PM
Can't get enough
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
I was only getting 4.30 minutes on full charge leaving around 3.7 volts left. I was using a charger that I could adjust...ex. 3 in parallel .90 charge. 2 of the batteries are now acting that way. I think I let them get too low of volts.

J