HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:53 PM
Rockford, IL
Joined Oct 2003
974 Posts
My Hobbyshop called me this afternoon to tell me mine was in so I went there to pick it up. When I got there the owner was flying one in the store. I only Have one flight on mine but it is a great slow flier.

Tom Moody
Tom Moody is offline Find More Posts by Tom Moody
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:03 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Moody View Post
My Hobbyshop called me this afternoon to tell me mine was in so I went there to pick it up. When I got there the owner was flying one in the store. I only Have one flight on mine but it is a great slow flier.

Tom Moody
How's slow flight compared to the original Vapor?
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:00 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,469 Posts
Parkzone Mini Vapor Indoors With Chuck & Mike.....

Finally got to fly the Mini Vapor Indoors and guess what? It's a Beauty! First up you see me having my first indoor session. Then Mike from OMP joins me and we fly 2 Mini Vapors for Corinne to film. Straight away i crash into Mike's and then seconds later collide again Whoops! haha These planes are Durable and just flew away unharmed. We had a Third session too where near the end of the batteries we head out into a smaller area to "slow fly" our Parkzone Mini Vapors
So sit back and enjoy a few flights of this Majestic Plane

cheers chuck

Parkzone Mini Vapor Indoors With Chuck & Mike..... (8 min 48 sec)
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:38 AM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
Finally got to fly the Mini Vapor Indoors and guess what? It's a Beauty! First up you see me having my first indoor session. Then Mike from OMP joins me and we fly 2 Mini Vapors for Corinne to film. Straight away i crash into Mike's and then seconds later collide again Whoops! haha These planes are Durable and just flew away unharmed. We had a Third session too where near the end of the batteries we head out into a smaller area to "slow fly" our Parkzone Mini Vapors
So sit back and enjoy a few flights of this Majestic Plane
Chuck,

I really enjoy seeing all your vids on the new stuff before we get them here in the U.S. Great video! Looks like it can fly as slow as the original and that makes me happy! . I have always liked all of the Vapors and it looks like this one won't disappoint either!

Do yourself a favor and get a Night Vapor. I do not enjoy flying the NV in small indoor areas like the original Vapor. The heavier weight, albeit just a couple grams, makes it fly vastly different inside. BUT, fly it outside on a windless night and it is AMAZING! I have flown it outside at 1 in the morning sometimes and it is really neat. Once you get used to the light configuration, you can fly it extremely high (not recommended on the rtf tx). I have flown it hundreds of feet in the air and orientation is no problem! There is something really fun about getting it really high up on a windless night...

Thanks again for the great vid!

Pete
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:52 AM
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Aug 2011
830 Posts
Chuck,

What a FUN VIDEO! I was all the way through! You gave us an EXCELLENT demonstration of what that lil' Vapor will do!!!

Welcome to the "Wonderful World Of Vapor Flying". You've definitely "earned your Vapor wings"!

It's a different flying experience than the UMX Beast, Sukhoi, Sbach, or the larger parkflyers. Unique and challenging in it's own way..but most enjoyable and a great change of pace...and a super alternative when weather outside prohibits flying and we don't have a large indoor area available.

I should get the call from my LHS within the next couple of days saying that mine's in. Now that I've seen your video, I REALLY can't wait!

THANKS, Chuck!
Tom

PS: AND...it was good to see Mike from OMP and put a face with his name. Please tell him "thanks!", too.
shepflyr is offline Find More Posts by shepflyr
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:37 PM
Who dares, wins
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jun 2012
715 Posts
anybody compared one of these to the night vapor?
addictedtoplanes is offline Find More Posts by addictedtoplanes
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:23 AM
Missing you too FB!
South Africa, Eastern Cape, Port Elizabeth
Joined Sep 2010
2,403 Posts
Just got an email from ParkZone advertising the Mini Vapor and it looks awesome!!!

Have a look at the specs...... it's unbelievable
It's got a size 15motor?
Bakkie is offline Find More Posts by Bakkie
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Bakkie; Nov 17, 2012 at 03:49 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:50 AM
United States, WI, Antigo
Joined Sep 2012
41 Posts
I see that the mini vapor is out its not on back order any more
fishmanpuffer is offline Find More Posts by fishmanpuffer
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:22 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakkie View Post
Just got an email from ParkZone advertising the Mini Vapor and it looks awesome!!!
It's got a size 15motor?
Don't forget the optional pilot figure!

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:47 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Don't forget the optional pilot figure!

Based on the paint scheme, this is a more appropriate pilot figure for mini-Vapor with Flaps and Retracts:

UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:37 AM
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,275 Posts
Quote:

It's got a size 15motor?
Ok.....is Parkzone joking or are they serious about functional flaps and retracts and drop tanks and everything? BECAUSE IF THEY WERE SERIOUS I WOULD TOTALLY GET THE FLAPS AND RETRACTS AND DROP TANKS AND ANYTHING ELSE THEY COME OUT WITH

-joker
joker24458 is online now Find More Posts by joker24458
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:04 AM
Germany, HE, Frankfurt
Joined Jun 2012
214 Posts
Got my MV yesterday, but did not maiden yet.
It's so cute.
Weight with included batt is ~9.1 gr and 10,25 gr with a Vapor 70mAh.

I'll be at an indoor event tomorrow and will check how it flies with both batts, and in comparison to the Night Vapor.
Can't wait.
Mac Smith is offline Find More Posts by Mac Smith
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:10 AM
Who dares, wins
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jun 2012
715 Posts
Quote:

It's got a size 15motor?
Parkzone does that all the time LOL
addictedtoplanes is offline Find More Posts by addictedtoplanes
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:40 PM
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,275 Posts
Ugh I have good news and bad news.

Good news is that my Mini Vapor was on the porch this morning!

Bad news is that I propmised not to open it until Christmas.

BELIEVE ME HAVING IT BUT NOT BEING ABLE TO FLY IT IS WORSE THAN NOT HAVING IT AT ALL! ARRRG!!!

-joker

BTW I even know where it is....but it is way too tall for me to get to. And I would be risking my life to use a chair.....very tricky/tight spaces. UGH
joker24458 is online now Find More Posts by joker24458
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:37 PM
Joined Nov 2012
45 Posts
I am thinking of getting one of these to fly in the living room. It's going to be a long cold winter. I can sort of fly the Night Vapor in the house but I just wish it would go a little slower. Is the mini easier to fly indoors? I saw a post a couple of pages back where somebody was able to get it to hang on the prop. That would be great, because the Night Vapor will not do that.
Puddytatter is offline Find More Posts by Puddytatter